I hope you're all having a lovely weekend! We're still having sunny crisp days - it can stay like this for the next 6 months and I would be fine with that.
Here's Friday's outfit - it's the return of the PANK dress!
I'm linking up to Patti's "Visible Monday" over at Not Dead Yet Style. Go, get your PANK on!
- Dress - Essentiel Antwerp, consignment; last worn here in February
- Shoes - Lena Parfait Luxury Freeze, Fluevog; purchased here last weekend with birthday money!
- Sleeveless coat (below) - Only, thrifted; last seen here
This outfit got a lot of love on Friday at work.
|"Did someone say "love"?"|
I'd forgotten that we had an all-day management meeting in the glass/frosted-glass walled boardroom next to my desk.
They were all treated to my bouncing bright shoes and PANK blur of my dress for the day.
|"Are you finished with that Other Cat?"|
L and I chilled out with Baxter on Friday night, after I got home from my hair appointment.
|"The Man is still in bed. I should go jump on him."|
I knew as soon as I bought these boots that I'd wear them with this dress. It's PANK synergy.
Outerwear - still chilly in the mornings and evenings.
|"Or I could stay here and ignore you."|
I went for a walk at lunch without this sleeveless coat - it felt like such a treat! I'm wearing a half-slip under the dress for additional coverage.
- Wool/fur gloves - thrifted
Vizzini, we are going to give you lots and lots of time with us, this weekend, so just simmer down.
|"I should smell your finger?"|
He has been alternately VERY cuddly and VERY bitey and/or meowy.
- Earrings - Brenda Schoenfeld, vintage 1992, vintage mall
- Spider ring - c. 1986, gift from Mom & Dad, Mexico
- Snake ring - BC Museum Gift Shop, c. 1985
We're done with our Baxter-care now (Sunday), and I stayed home on Saturday to be with Vizzini.
|"This is me not caring."|
What a liar. He totally loves us being around. There were a lot of naps on and under blankets.
On Saturday, L and I were up early to go line up to vote in the civic/municipal elections (things like the mayor, city council, that sort of stuff). Gotta get our vote on!
- Sweater - Dex, thrifted; purchased here for $6.95
- Skirt - U Dare, thrifted; purchased here for $6.95
- Shoes - Down To Earth Hadfield, Fluevog; last seen here in August with the jelly-deer sweater
- Leather coat - Boutique of Leathers, thrifted; first worn here
Not a very exciting black sweater, but it has a nice knitted texture and I like the fit. I have a camisole on under it for warmth.
The denim skirt (with grommets!) was fine to wear. I like the generous slit in the back for walking.
Being silly and showing the grommets!
Outerwear - I'm always cold, so I wear a lot of layers.
- Gloves - Parkhurst
- Silk scarf - Ralph Lauren, consignment
I shed and put stuff back on depending on the external and internal temperatures.
- Heart pendant - Defy, local, gift from L
- Cuff - Jezebel Charms, gift from L
- Gold hoops - 5th anniversary gift from L
- Spinner ring - Twang & Pearl
Last night, we chilled out and played board games till the wee hours. Today, groceries and some consignment store shopping for me!
- Jacket - Julie Haus, thrifted; last worn here in January with plaid pants
- Sweater - no label, consignment
- Skirt - TKStyle, thrifted; last seen here in October 2017 with Dries van Noten
- Shoes - Matisse; last worn here in August with vintage Versace mom jeans
I'm a fan of this architectural jacket. More asymmetrical lapels!
A little zipper in the back, and more contrasting fabric on the sides.
See? And a slit for walking.
Just waving my fin at you.
Accessorized for being outside.
- Scarf - Dolce & Gabbana, thrifted
- Gloves - vintage, thrifted
- Earrings - second-hand, Powell River
My mother-in-law Louise sent me a cheque for my birthday, and that money was burning a hole in my pocket! I had to go shopping! I strolled down to My Sister's Closet for a browse.
I found an olive-green camisole.
This soft red lace top was $16.98. It will be a nice layering piece.
These thin polyester trousers will be stored away until spring/summer 2019, but how cute!
Why I always look at all the sizes in a consignment/thrift/second-hand store. This is by UK2LA and is an XL that fits like a medium.
This is the new-to-me black sweater that I found. It's awesome - my arms look like a gorilla's in it!
It was $32.98, and it's by Club Monaco. The content is wool, nylon, angora and cashmere.
I LOVE this sweater. I didn't think I would, but I love how it fits, and it makes me feel giggly inside.
The brand is Artisan de Luxe, which is another Anthropologie brand.
It's a mix of a lot of different wools and knits.
Just as I was deciding I was "over" jumpsuits, I found another one.
I love the pattern!
Louise also bought me these amazing loafers, which I completely love.
They are covered with slightly iridescent crystals.
They were $58.98, so thank you again, Louise, for the lovely shoes!
I hope y'all enjoyed my new purchases. Thanks so much for visiting!