Fall brings out the "soft goth" in me - I love wearing darker colours and playing with texture at this time of year. So, don't be scared because I'm wearing dark colours.
- Sweater - Morena, consignment; purchased here for $10.00 in July
- Skirt - Gunex, thrifted; last seen here in February with teal and a swan
- Shoes - Hispanitas; last worn here in April in a 90s kind of outfit
- Coat (below) - Rodarte for Opening Ceremony, consignment; last seen here - ha! - when I last wore this skirt, in February
I had lots of compliments on the components of my outfit. The sweater is a soft, nubby boucle (boo-CLAY) with a lot of stretch in it, and it has interesting details like a ruffle of lavender around half of the neckline, odd zippers, swatches of black silk and leather randomly sewn on it.
My coworker Fiona exclaimed, "Your bark skirt is back!" This skirt is very stiff, perma-crinkled fabric - it looks like cedar bark.
Outerwear today is my "Ringmaster" jacket, a gorgeous piece by Rodarte for Opening Ceremony - check it out, here's my coat in cream on sale for over $1200! (linking 'cause I love). I paid $42.98 for mine - score!
I wish it had pockets, but I still love it. All coats should have pockets!
- Gloves - Parkhurst
I didn't need the gloves (or yesterday's forgotten scarf) at all by the end of day - it was beautiful out.
- Lace cuff - locally made in Nashville, TN
- Zipper rose - Victoria & Albert Museum gift shop, London
- Bracelet - c.1930s, old family piece, Gram's
- Earrings - thrifted
- Amethyst ring - gift from Dad, c. 1984
- Hematite ring - thrifted
This coming weekend is Thanksgiving in Canada (Monday's a holiday) - a very happy turkey day to my fellow Canucks! I'm also starting my birthday week celebrations (Tuesday is my actual b-day) with a party! I will be back soon with tales of adventure...Have a very happy weekend, everyone, and thanks for stopping by.