Hello, my friends! I hope you all had a lovely weekend! These days, any kind of meet-up or event feels like a Big Deal, so although I only did a Zoom call on Saturday, I also had Book Club (the first one since the Old Days, pre-pandemic). So busy!
First, we have Saturday's outfit. Our Saturdays used to be brunch, followed by shopping (for me), then either some sort of gathering or L and I would stay home and play boardgames all night. Instead, I make us a Big Breakfast, we have our group Zoom call to see all our friends, and then L and I hang out with Vizzini and play boardgames. Not too much has changed, really.
- Silk blouse - Eileen Fisher, thrifted; first worn here in November 2019 with matching mauve
- Trousers - INC, thrifted; last seen here (2nd outfit) in August 2019 for brunch and a shop
- Sandals - Sorel; last worn here in May for hanging out at the Castle
I had put this blouse in the giveaway pile - although it's washable, the stains on it didn't come out in the wash, and seemed to have spread. They aren't noticeable in pictures, but very much in real life.
- Black and white cuff - vintage fair
- Steel cuff - thrifted
- Silver earrings - Brenda Schoenfeld, 1992, vintage mall
- Silver/amethyst ring - vintage mall
- Silver/onyx ring - vintage fair
You might have noticed that my hair is a slightly different colour. I had a bunch of odds and ends of stains (non-permanent colours), and used up two lilac/purples. They give my hair a boost without frying the ends, which are starting to get a little crispy after 4 months of not being cut or trimmed.
I spent a couple of hours working on a Zentangle in my Art Corner...however, when I went outside, I saw my area was already occupied.
|"What do you mean, "YOUR area"?"|
I had to shove Vizzini out of the way (he was not pleased).
I finished this little 3.5" square for Yvonne, who has been "hosting" all kinds of physically-distancing get-togethers in the park and opening her bathroom to us.
I am also showing off a new addition to our deck:
When it gets darker, the lights come on!
|I see L's reflection.|
They don't give off a ton of light, but are better than nothing. They last for about 8 hours, long after we've gone to bed.
Vizzini was dubious - he sniffed them, but left them alone.
|"They show off my post well."|
He was lurking around, waiting for his treats.
|"Give me my treats nnn...YAWN..."|
I laughed when I saw that I'd captured him mid-yawn.
Look at that beautiful sunset!
The noise of the rain and the blowing branches were audible above our music.
|"I'm not worried, who's worried?"|
Vizzini sat on the bar, hoping for a second round of treats (nope, never happens).
Finally, he cuddled up with L.
|"Really? All this couch and you need to sit right there."|
After a fun evening of games, I was up early to get ready for our afternoon Book Club.
- Jacket - Ruby Cho, consignment; purchased here for $49.00
- Top - Topsy Turvy USA, thrifted; last seen here in March under a wooly slip dress
- Skirt - Sonia Rykiel, thrifted; last worn here (3rd outfit) for a casual weekend in August 2019
- Boots - 1883 Lucchesse, consignment; last seen here (3rd outfit) in December 2019 with plaid
Of course, I had to wear my new-to-me suede fringed jacket!
The jacket is a fairly boxy cut - I tried belting it, but it felt a bit too fussy, at least for this occasion.
No pockets in anything. Sigh. There are never enough pockets for my liking.
- Scarf - vintage 60s, Dad's
- Leather gloves - consignment
- Leather US-made purse - consignment
- Leather/steel cuff - Rimanchik
- Blue cuff - thrifted
- Earrings - consignment
- Lapis lazuli ring/Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
Caro was waiting on the field for me when I arrived.
We have a new member in Book Club: Janaki! Welcome!
Caro moved over for Mindy, who brought our next book, "A Gentleman in Moscow" by Amor Towles.
Oh, for some fun, Cat forwarded the movie of the classic car "parade" that we had last weekend for Winesday:
Vizzini, how are you after all this weekend excitement?
|"Ready for a nap."|
Me too, buddy! Thanks for stopping by, everyone!