Today was just a bad luck day, outfit and blog-wise. I accidentally deleted all the pictures I took this morning (all 11 of them!), which meant I had to put it all back on, do all the poses again. And to tell you the truth, I didn't like this outfit, and I considered just not posting it (the allure of not putting my "good" bra back on was strong!).
But today is the start of my long weekend, and I'm going slap a smile on it, dagnabbit, and redo the freaking pictures. The outfit will not be lost.
It's...the last winter outfit and...
- Jacket - Pierre Balmain, vintage 90s, thrifted; first worn here in November 2019 with Gaultier Jeans
- Sparkly tee - Ted Baker, consignment; last seen here in February, layered under emerald satin
- Tulle skirt - Trina Turk, consignment; last worn here earlier this month for a Glam photoshoot at the Castle with Mom
- Boots - Teleport; last seen here (2nd outfit) in January for a Saturday Zoom call with velvet
- "Loomed Lady" coat (below) - vintage 60s, thrifted; first worn here in January for brunch
My goal was that I wanted to get a second wearing in of this vintage 90s Balmain topper. It's a difficult piece to style, but I thought it would work with the tulle skirt.
I put a sparkly navy tee under it, and did up the two slide-hooks near the waist.
Such a weird top/jacket thing. Nothing wrong with the skirt or boots or t-shirt, though.
- Gloves - Betsey Johnson, thrifted
- Mask - by Mom
- Silk scarf - L's, thrifted
- Earrings - Dots, first wearing(!)
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
- Silver/crystal ring - Soul Flower
Yup, lost one of the earrings on its very first wearing. It was a DAY, I tell ya!
Speaking of earrings! On a fun and positive note, I'm sharing a post from Big Earrings. As you know, all links in my posts are 'cause I love - I do not do any affiliate links or advertise on my blog (I regularly turn it down/delete those emails). However, Sharon seemed legit (and was very nice), and her only request was for me to share the post she was writing about me. She's an entrepreneur who started up her site based on her love of...big earrings, mostly second-hand ones. Well, I LOVE big earrings and second-hand/pre-loved is the way to go! How could I say no? Please feel free to check her out here, and enjoy her recommendations for big earrings to go with some of my past outfits here. I love that she selected mostly outfits that I had already paired bigass earrings with! She knows her audience!
And now, my friends, with Friday being a stat holiday, and tomorrow my regular "off" day, it's now my long weekend, woo hoo! I'll be doing my closet swap-over tomorrow, and we have a few Easter things on the menu (but are being very careful with all gatherings), so the weekend post(s) will be nice and juicy with loads of pictures.
To whet your whistle, enjoy my last closet swap-over post here in October 2020 - this pic is one of the "Afters" from it:
Happy Easter, happy long weekend and happy spring, my friends!