I'm back! Are you ready for some badassery? I've just had a rock & roll weekend!
I am not much into Casual Friday.
This is my entry for "Visible Monday" at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style. Go, quickly!
- Blouse - Renuar, thrifted; last seen here under neoprene in August
- Dress - BCBG Max Azria, thrifted; last worn here in March with these same boots
- Boots - Effortless Sophia, Fluevog; last seen here in March - with this dress!
- Jacket (below) - Lord & Taylor, thrifted; last worn here last week
It was a little too cool to wear this dress on its own, so layering a crinkly Victorian-inspired shirt under it was a fun option.
The dress itself is a silk velvet, soft as kittens.
It's a gorgeous purple colour too.
Aren't the boots fun? They got a lot of love at work.
I was glad of the coat - after work I waited in the rain (along with about a hundred other people!) for buses that did not come.
|"I don't want to be in your picture."|
- Necklace - local
- Earrings - Aldo
- Ring - Francis Jewelers, c. 1965, Dad's
Vizzini's been warring with the crows in the neighbourhood.
|"Cease your chattering immediately, vile crow!"|
He's not as vigilant as he used to be.
|"Hush, Woman, I am on patrol this very second!"|
He was grumpy with us.
|"I sense a trip in your future. I do not approve."|
Yes! As you may not know, L and I are great fans of musician Frank Turner (link here 'cause I love, and here's the last time we saw him in concert - twice!- and the first time here in 2015. You've been warned, those are all bigass travel posts.
Anyway, we got wind back in January that he was coming to Western Canada with stops in both Vancouver and Victoria. It's a real treat to see bands here in Victoria, because we live on a freaking island - it is onerous to get here.
L and I decided to treat ourselves to a one-day jet-setting vacation to Vancouver for the show there, followed the next night's show back home in Victoria. And that's what we did!
My Saturday and Sunday outfit.
- Dress - Birds of North America, consignment; first worn here in May with red shoes and a netting underskirt
- Boots - 1883 Lucchesse, consignment; last seen here in July with my picador skirt
- Coat (below) - Danier Leather, thrifted; purchased here for $44.99
I'm dressed for function. I knew I'd be doing walking, standing, sitting in a cramped plane, dancing, and generally being on the go.
This dress was wonderful to wear - it didn't cling anywhere, was warm enough for the inevitable Vancouver rain, and the sleeveless situation helped me control my temperature well.
It's Leather Weather is here! Leather is the perfect thing to wear in September, in my opinion.
Since this is the first wearing of this lovely blue coat, here's a back shot.
It was perfect for travel.
- Amber ring - c. 1996
- Earrings - thrifted
Bye, buddy, we're headed off!
|"You're dead to me now."|
Partners in crime.
Those little seaplanes? That's what we're in.
Headed out over some of the little islands between us and the mainland.
There she is, Vancouver!
As we passed over Stanley Park, we saw some of the crowd at the Skookum Festival.
Our pilot took a different approach than usual.
We checked into our hotel, and headed out for dinner.
This is my first time at the Vogue Theatre.
We had a great view of all of the performances. If you're interested, L's review is here on his blog of both night's concerts.
Bad Cop Bad Cop were the next opener, four women (all 30s-40s) doing some kickass punk.
Then, our Frank!
We were on the main floor, about halfway up the side, sitting and standing in our seats.
There's a big dancefloor/standing area.
Tired, damp and exuberant.
We were up bright and early to say goodbye to the Blue Horizon.
Back down to the float plane docks.
Lots of cloud, though.
Another slightly different route home, avoiding the clouds over the land.
And, we're home!
Our busy harbour.
As we walked up to the bus stop, I spotted a tour poster for that night's show.
Vizzini was sulking.
|"How dare you leave me."|
After a suitable period, he was happy to see us again.
L and I crashed and watched football all day, then got ready to out to the next show.
- T-shirt - Be More Kind tour shirt, 2018, purchased in Vancouver for $35.00
- Jeans - Levi Strauss, thrifted; last seen here (2nd outfit) in June for the Day of Indolence
- Boots - Ash; last worn here to see the Beaches in concert in April
- Coat (below) - Boutique of Leathers, thrifted; purchased here for $34.95
I like the swan.
|"What? You are leaving me AGAIN?"|
I felt pretty badass.
We walked to town, and met up with our crew for drinks beforehand.
First wearing of this lovely deep red leather jacket.
I learned not to unzip the jacket like this at the bottom
- Belt - gift from Ruth
- Shield ring - Nine West
- Crystal ring - Uffizi Gallery gift shop, Florence, Italy
- Earrings - 10th anniversary gift from L
The Alix Goolden Hall is an old church.
The pipe organs are still intact.
We grabbed four pews on the right side, on the main floor.
|"Maybe too close?" wondered Cat|
Looking up at the stained glass window.
I also see Frank's trunk.
My wonderful group of best friends, including dear Caro who took this picture.
The first opener was Northcote.
Bad Cop Bad Cop again.
We've introduced most of our friends to Frank's music, but they got a whole other experience live.
This is Stacey from Bad Cop Bad Cop, giving her "YES" of approval.
And here's the whole band watching the show.
L and I took today/Monday off, to chill out and relax from all that excitement.
- Sweater - Tatyana, thrifted; last seen here (2nd outfit) in March with tulle and velvet
- Skirt - All Saints, gift from Dominque; last worn here in March with these same boots
- Boots - BCBG Max Azria; last seen here in March..with this skirt
- Coat (below) - A&S Selections, thrifted; last worn here in March
Footwear-driven choices again!
A poufy shirt is always a good choice. I have a short, snug slip under this for coverage.
My badassery carried on. More leather!
The skirt has its own pockets too.
- Earrings - thrifted
I browsed around stores downtown for a while, but nothing really grabbed me.
And now, I am off to get some quality time with my other furry beast.
|"Cuddle time? I'd better hide."|