I've always liked the menswear look on women. I remember seeing "Annie Hall" when I was in my early teens and loving Diane Keaton's look, and then Meg Ryan's outfits in "When Harry Met Sally" (still one of my favourite movies!) several years later. I often do this look myself, with my own twist.
- Jacket - Julie Haus, thrifted; first worn here in October 2017 with the bark skirt
- Sleeveless sweater (underneath) - Ellen Tracy, swap from Caro; last seen here in November 2017 with painty plaid
- Pants - Pariscope, vintage 90s, thrifted; last seen here in November 2017 with a ringmaster coat
- Shoes - Clarks, consignment; last worn here in November 2017 for brunch and shopping
- Coat (below) - Bourgeoiis, vintage 80s menswear; last seen here a few weeks ago
Learning how clothing works through trial-and-error, I put the jacket with a slim bottom this time.
|"You need more feline accessories."|
Vizzini just plonked himself down there while I did photos.
|"What? My fans want to see me."|
Outerwear - we had hail today! Fortunately, I missed that (and the rain that came before and after) and was overly warm for most of my walks to and from work.
- Hat - Anne Klein, vintage, thrifted
- Scarf - Masai Co., thrifted
- Gloves - Parkhurst
I keep labeling the hat as Jones New York, but it's not - I don't know why I always mix those up!
- Spinner ring - Twang & Pearl
- Bronze ring - P. Sarpaneva, vintage 70s, vintage expo
- Steel/bronze ring - POLY, thrifted
- Bracelet - POLY, thrifted
- Necklace - POLY, thrifted
- Cuff - thrifted
I agree and love menswear on women. The contrast highlights their innate femininity as well as offer fun new styling ideas.ReplyDelete
Thank you, Ally! Yes, exactly - why not use all the paints in the paintbox?Delete
Real Annie Hall vibe there. Except with cool shoes!ReplyDelete
Thank you, Ann!Delete
I'm not keen on wearing menswear myself, but I love it on others! Your plaid trousers are fab, and that jacket is quite intriguing, with the little zips at the front and back. I'm loving your geometric bling, especially that amazing necklace! xxxReplyDelete
Thank you so much! I enjoy hunting for other POLY pieces to add to my little collection - this is it for now, though.Delete
|Love the outfit -- what a great jacket! And I love the way the squares in the necklace echoes the patterns in your clothes -- so cool!ReplyDelete
Thanks so much!Delete
I love how those masculine clothes look elegant and cool on you, and you rock doubled plaid!, and your matching scarf!ReplyDelete
Lovely coat, and lovely shoes!
Thank you, Monica! I really liked how all the patterns went together.Delete
You know I am a Vizzini fan !ReplyDelete
I like the big+small print combination Sheila, beautifully done my friend.
He know it, too! Thanks, hon!Delete