Hello, my friends! Before we get started on this Bigass Weekend Wrap-Up (which is a regular-sized Bigass this time and not a super-sized one, like I've been having lately), another shout-out to Ms. Wendy Brandes for the reciprocal post about my F#@! ring purchase and other awesome women who bought sets. No sponsorship or favours here - we're just fangirling out over each other.
Here's Friday's look - getting another wear out of a few summer pieces that are going to be packed away soon.
- Cardigan - Wolford, thrifted; first worn here in August with a brolly skirt
- Cami - not tracked, gift from Ruth
- Skirt - A Tribute to Marimekko by H&M, thrifted; last worn here in July for Pride Week
- Shubooties - Sorel; first worn here (2nd outfit) in August with a pouffy skirt
- Jacket (below) - Frank Lyman; last seen here in February to see the Wailin' Jennys
I love this fine-quality silk cardigan - however, it's far too light for the cold months.
My hair-dryer blew up on Friday morning (it was smoking!), so I had to clip my hair back to keep it from going full-on wispy.
I took the opportunity to wear this awesome faux leather jacket again.
Done up - I like it this way best.
And with my third pattern, my bag!
- Bag - Aldo
- Necklace - vintage 60s/70s, thrifted
- Bracelet - Trifari, vintage 60s, vintage fair
- Earrings - thrifted here for $1.00
- Amber ring - c. 1996
- Amethyst ring - Francis Jewelers, c. 1965, Dad's
L and I met for dinner (Thai food) after work on Friday, then hung out at home, playing board games, which is what we've done all weekend. My favourite! We had no Ulti on Saturday, so I got my badass on for our usual breakfast at Floyd's Diner.
This is my look for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style - go check out some fabulousness there!
- Leather jacket - Burberry, consignment, Vancouver; last seen here in June
- Sweater - Jean-Paul Gaultier, consignment; last worn here in April for Ally's visit
- Skirt - Kenzo, thrifted; last seen here (2nd outfit) in March with green lace Gookey
- Boots - Matisse, consignment; last worn here in June with a forest green dress
- Hat - Delux, Saanich Fair
It was chilly and rainy when we walked to town, and got warmer as the day went on. I eventually regretted my fall-ish outfit - but I still love this outfit overall.
I hadn't gotten a wear in yet of this incredible skirt. It's quite a statement piece, and because it requires tights (it's SHORT) I knew it would either be worn in early spring or late summer.
Leather jacket open, and hands in skirt pockets.
Ready for the rain. My hat is now close to 10 years old. I picked it up in a booth at an agricultural fair (really!) many years back.
- Bracelet - faux Gucci, gift from Mom & Dad, c. 1986, Italy
- Gold earrings - 5th anniversary gift from L
After breakfast, I went to the WIN Boutique for a browse. I was happy to see that they are starting to get more fall stock in.
It's stamped "Kiam Family". I found the same one online listed at $110 (but marked down to $17).
I also fell in love with this gorgeous acid yellow squared circle cuff.
Check it out - it's made of silicon!
I rummaged through a bunch of belts and pulled out this leather and elastic one.
It was $7.25, a deal for BCBG Max Azria.
I always dig though the lingerie and nightwear. I found this beautiful vintage black slip.
No size marked, but I found it - it's a 34 (bust), which is what I am - this is also a Tall. I don't know when bilingual English/French labels became law in Canada, but this is probably from the 60s or 70s.
here - $7.00 to $11.00 back then is (with inflation) around $75.00 to $116.00 now. A slip then was an investment piece (and you wore one every day!).
In my lackadaisical quest to stop using the same handbag every day, I am now looking carefully at the bag sections in the thrift stores.
It's meant to be cross-body, but I fully intend to wear it around my waist at some point. It's leather, by Derek Alexander.
A zip on the back. Good for keys or my bus ticket.
The lining is stamped. This was $19.25.
Oh, look a black sweater, how very exciting.
But it's by Dex, it was $6.95 and it looked good on. Note the back zip detail. Dex sweaters sell for about $59.00 new.
As this gorgeous red cashmere sweater most certainly will.
It's by Michael Kors and it was $16.95.
I have to rein myself in around black skirts, but this one was so different that I went for it.
I think it's German - "futter" means "lining".
It's a size 40 and I found it buried in with the plus size items.
Mister Vizzini has been very happy to have us home and chilling out with him all weekend.
|"Your lap is a good source of heat, Woman."|
|"I'm a seething ball of fury! Feed me!"|
And he's down!
|"If I can't sleep on you, I will snooze on my benches."|