Well, here we are: Happy Hallowe'en! You might remember that in the past 2 years, I've done a Star Trek-themed costume, since I'm the instigator of our Red Shirts group costume at my office.here), and it's an easy costume: wear a red shirt and black pants.
- Suede suit - Holt Renfrew, vintage 90s, thrifted separately!
- Jacket last worn here in December 2018 with pant of unusual size
- Skirt last worn here in December 2018 with an armoured sweater
- Sleeveless sweater - Twik, thrifted; last seen here (3rd outfit) with a vintage maxi vest in July
- Boots - Maleika Conquer, Fluevog; last worn here in December 2018 with McQueen checkered trousers
- Sleeveless coat (below) - Only, thrifted; last seen here on Monday
The first year, I was attacked by Tribbles, here (and there are links at the bottom of that post to every Hallowe'en outfit I've done since I started Ephemera in 2008), and last year I was a Starfleet alien space babe (here).
Today, you can call me Commander Sheila. Set phasers to stun-ning!
here). A captain who took no guff? Oh yeah!
Not as costume-y as previous years, but that's okay. I've coordinated 4 major all-office events in the past 7 weeks, and dagnabbit, I am tired, physically and emotionally. I'm event-ed out.
My badass pose. No one messes with me.
See? I'm really very nice (but also badass).
Outerwear - it's hard to wear a jacket over a suede jacket, but this was just right.
- Studded leather gloves - Danier Leather
here, and of course, all links are 'cause I love). The boots are slightly alien, and not too high, but I did a lot of running around today in them, and my feet are rather tired. Flats tomorrow, feet, I promise!
- Belt - BCBG Max Azria, thrifted; purchased here for $6.95
- Silver/gold cuff - JPL, vintage fair
- Necklace - POLY, thrifted
- Top ring - POLY, Hamilton Art Gallery gift shopt
- Bottom ring - POLY, vintage expo
- Earrings - thrifted
- Magnetic communicator badge pin - MoPop gift shop, Seattle
Commander Sheila likes her bling.
These next pictures are worth clicking on to make them bigger.
We did a group photo in the lunchroom with all of my colleagues who were in costume (anything goes, but the Red Shirts are an easy option for playing along with). I also encouraged blue shirts (for science and medicine officers) and yellow shirts (command and security). I cut out paper comm badges with my company logo on them and gave them to anyone who wanted one. Welcome to Starfleet!
Our other pose is We're All Gonna Die! since that's what happens to Red Shirts on the show.
And then we were attached by a Space Sloth!
I hope you all had an awesome Hallowe'en! I will be back on Sunday with tales of adventure. Thank you so much for coming by.