Friday's outfit came about because I haven't worn these jeans yet this season.
- Sweater - Sparkle and Fade, swap from Sarah; last worn here in April in a 70s apartment outfit (one of my favourite looks this year!)
- Top - Clover Canyon, thrifted; last seen here (4th outfit, way down) almost exactly a year ago, in August 2017 with orange leather shorts (I need to wear those again!)
- Jeans - Versace, vintage 80s, thrifted; last worn here in February with a Dries top
- Shoes - Matisse; last seen here (2nd outfit) with velvet for the Day of Indolence in June
Friday was a chill day, and I had fun swooshing my sweater at my coworkers.
I am in total love with long cardigans right now. Expect to see them a lot this fall/winter.
I wore the cardigan most of the day, taking it off a few times when I overheated in the office (hot flash!). I also hiked up my top to show off the top of these amazing 80s high-waisted jeans.
All those gold studs you see are Versace medusa head medallions, outlined in crystals, many of which have fallen off since I've owned them.
You can also see the gold thread used in the stitching - the whole pair of jeans is sewn in gold thread! Check out here when I first bought these for $24.95 in November 2015 for more detail pictures. They are pretty amazing.
Hands in pockets!
- Cuff - Fossil, gift from L
- Earrings - Fossil, thrifted
- Ring - local
We raced home after work and got ourselves dolled up for our dear friends' Vero and Justin's 20th wedding anniversary vow renewal party.
This is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style. Go, what are you waiting for?
- Dress - BCBG Max Azria, thrifted (new with tag); purchased here for $49.95
- Shoes - Vivienne Westwood Anglomania + Melissa, consignment; last seen here in September 2017 modeling my custom Prusa dress, but actually worn here in August 2016
- Jacket (below) - Lord & Taylor, thrifted; last worn here on Thursday
I wavered between this dress and the orange David Meister dress (here) for this event, but the dress itself decided me.
But it's such a pretty blue. I like showing off some of my ink too.
One of the cool things I love about this dress is the way it ties at the front. There are two big ties, and an extra piece of zhoozh-y fabric where they meet.
With my purse.
I needed my jacket!
- Purse - Reiss, thrifted
- Necklaces - Eaton's, vintage c. 1987
- Bangle - c. 1985, mine refound, thrifted;
- Earrings - thrifted
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
Due to all the cruise ships in town (our city is the top cruise ship stop in Canada!), our cab took forever! Vizzini helped us wait for it.
|"I only see crows, ma'am. No taxi."|
|"That crow is a known felon."|
|"Move along, Woman, I'm on important business."|
On Saturday, we went to Floyd's for breakfast - not enough people for a game of Ultimate Frisbee this week.
- Jacket - Dolce & Gabbana, thrifted, thrifted; last seen here (2nd outfit) for our May Winesday
- Sweater - Cleo, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) in June, same look as the first pair of shoes on Friday
- Skirt - Ricki's, consignment; last seen here (3rd outfit) in June for a shopping trip (how unlike me)
- Shoes - Joe Fresh, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) in June to brunch again
I took my jacket off for breakfast.
here for $18.98 in September 2017
- In the best way I wore it, here (3rd outfit) for the Vintage Expo in September 2017
- With terrible tights here in January 2018;
- And that last outfit here (3rd look) in June of this year,
- Plus this one now.
That's only 4 wears, but it's under $5.00, so I'm good with that. Time for it to move on.
I love this jacket - it has leopard lining - and dig all the studs.
This is also the last wearing of these shoes, which - although totally cute - are cheap and not comfortable. After wearing heels the night before, my feet were sore, and these did not help.
I bought them here in September 2016 for $8.50, and have worn them thusly:
- Pattern-mixing with polka dots here in September 2017,
- With cashmere and jeans here in May 2017,
- In August 2017 here with white pleather,
- And last time, here (2nd outfit) in June,
- Plus today's outfit.
I felt them pretty strongly in 2017, but not as much this year. I am happy with $1.70 per wear. Gone! Two items out of my closet - make room for new things!
I stopped in at Aurea Boutique (link here 'cause I love - hello!) on my way down to Flavour Upstairs, and found these lovely little handmade blue stud earrings for only $5.00.
One of the employees recognized me from Floyd's (we do go there a lot!) and complimented me and L on our dressy and fun style. We agreed that not enough people dress up on a daily basis.
I didn't find anything at Flavour Upstairs, so I strolled over to the big WIN store for a mosey around. I spotted these red beauties right away.
The front of the shoe is fabric, and the rear/straps is a faux patent leather.
They were only $16.95, and are by Aldo.
I found a cool blouse in an awesome pattern.
It's by Mexx and was $13.95.
I am still drawn to pleated skirts, even though they are tricky to wear, but I loved the mustard yellow of this one.
It has ties at the back. I guess for a butt-bow?
It's by the Gap and it was $6.95.
How do I know? Because it told me what season/year it's from.
Today/Sunday was a lazy day.
- Dress - Armani Exchange, thrifted; last seen here in May over a skirt
- Shoes - Star Wars by Irregular Choice; first worn here in March with black tweed
I let my hair air-dry - it has a lot of natural wave in it - and did minimal make-up.
The elastic "belt" keeps everything in place.
here). But I paid a lot for these shoes, and I should wear them!
I couldn't wear them barefoot, though.
Star Wars stuff:
- Earrings - mismatched, gifts from L
I found some fun things at the WIN Boutique, including a ring, and a leather bracelet.
Check out the back...
Since jade is a really hard stone, and this ring only fits my ring fingers, it's going into rotation below my steel ring, as a permanent item.
Since my sock game was severely lacking, the Thrift Gods smiled upon me and presented 3 pairs of brand-new unworn socks for me (I also found a pair for L).
The Kenneth Cole socks were $8.00 regular price, marked down to $3.99.
I found this bright citrusy-coral jacket in the cheap section.
Metal zip, nice detail on the bottom.
The zip goes all the way to the top of the head!
Here's the zipper done all the way up.
I promise I will not wear it like this!
I gasped at the label...Chloe! But of course, it's not real Chloe (link, 'cause I love!)
The font is wrong. Compare here with my real See By Chloe skirt - that's the right font. However, for $8.95, it's still a fun little zippered jacket, good for summer, and it's well-made, even for a fake. It joins the ranks of my Goo-key and Lewis Vuitton - it'll be Kloh, instead of Cloh-ee.
I found an olive green cami.
This one's by Mexx and was only $2.95.
This is a crazy piece - I saw it on the "put back" rack and snagged it right away. Must try!
Yes, that's a beaded snake down the front of it.
It has long metal-buttoned cuffs, and you and see the dramatic gathers at the cuff (also at the top of the sleeves).
Sorry, it's blurry, but check it out!
And it's new with tags!
It sold for $100 (I'm guessing US$).
I couldn't resist this skirt.
It's by Club Monaco and was $20.25.
Vizzini, what do you think of my purchases?
|"Did you say something, Woman? I"m very busy."|
|"I get strong elements of wool, a whiff of polyester and just a hint of leather."|