Today is my Friday! As L and I always do, we host a small US Thanksgiving football-watching day, so we give ourselves a long weekend, just like our neighbours to the south.
- Velvet blazer - Talbots, thrifted; last worn here in September as outerwear with a floral maxi
- Sweater - Talbots, thrifted; purchased here for $6.95
- Skirt - Strawberry Jill, thrifted; last worn here a year ago in November 2018 with all the necklaces
- Shoes - Sol Sana, consignment; purchased here for $29.00
- Coat (below) - Apparence, vintage 80s, thrifted; last seen here in March
Guess who else is stoked to have us around for four whole days?
|"Four days? That's a lot of nap-time."|
Today's outfit is me wanting to wear these new-to-me shoes, and noting how well they went with this very cool skirt. I call it "dragon scale" - each one of those circles is silk, and serged around the edges, then sewn together.
I wore this new-to-me functional white sleeveless sweater with it; the velvet blazer was then a natural pick as the topper piece.
Outerwear - it's the return of the Unsafe Polar Bear! It was freezing cold and windy today - brrr! I was very happy to have the Unsafe Polar Bear to keep me warm.
It was Yvonne (I've since been reminded) who said, "Don't listen to the Unsafe Polar Bear!" And since then, when I wear this, I am the Unsafe Polar Bear.
- Scarf - swap from Vero
- Wool gloves - Parkhurst
- Bead/chain necklace - Plum
- Amber necklace - vintage 1920s, gift from L, vintage mall
- Amber ring - c. 1996
- Ring - vintage fair
- Ear-balls - Dior, consignment
I doubled up the bead/chain necklace to make it look like I had three necklaces on.
Bonus cat pictures! When I do my make-up and hair in the morning, Vizzini often comes to visit me, and leads me off on little tours around the house. This morning, he flopped on the living room rug and asked for a tummy rub.
|"Surely you have time for me?"|
Rest assured, he is NOT a Venus-fly-cat, out to trap me and rake my arms with his claws. I can rub his tum up and down and he loves it.
Since I had the camera, I picked him up and we did a couple of selfies in the bathroom mirror.
|"I call this look Yellow Steel."|
Don't be fooled by the stare-y eyes - he's a big ol' cuddle-meister.
Well, that's it, my friends, I am off to enjoy a quiet weekend of football, possibly some non-Black Friday second-hand shopping and lazing about. I'll be back on Sunday with the Bigass Weekend Wrap-Up, so until then, have a wonderful weekend! Thank you so much for visiting!