It's been a quiet weekend, which I have welcomed. Things will be busier soon enough, so I am treasuring these relaxing times.
Here's Friday's outfit - in a shocking turn of events, I actually wore jeans to work for Casual Friday.
- Wool cardigan - Theory, thrifted; last seen here in June with loads of pink
- Tee - Calvin Klein, thrifted; purchased here for $15.95
- Jeans - Levi Strauss, thrifted; last worn here (3rd outfit) in September to see Frank Turner
- Loafers - Aerosoles, consignment; purchased here last weekend for $58.98
- Coat (below) - Vassali, consignment; last seen here last week
I waggled my feet at my coworkers a lot. It got sunny during the day and the shoes sparkled like disco balls!
I have two cream wool cardigans, but they are totally different.
Without the cardigan so you can see this new-to-me top. It was okay. I like the silvery-gold of it.
Outerwear - I liked all the layers here. Breaking out my spooky skull scarf for the Hallowe'en season.
Joining up to "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style, Go, go, go!
- Beret - consignment
- Gloves - Danier Leather
- Scarf - MetroWear, San Francisco, 2006
- Belt (not shown) - gift from Ruth
- Chain/leather cuff - local
- Leather stud cuff - Kipling, thrifted
- Earrings - thrifted
We spent the weekend playing board games and watching movies and reading, and of course, playing with Vizzini. On Saturday morning, we did our usual brunch at Floyd's.
- Top - Hommage, consignment, Vancouver; last seen here in February with my other wallpaper pants
- Jeans - Seven7, garage sale; purchased here for $12.00
- Boots - Matisse, consignment; last worn here (2nd outfit) in September for a weekend shop
- Sleeveless coat - Only, thrifted; last seen here a couple of days ago
I often like to do a solid neutral with a pattern, but the neutral has to be special too, not just a plain top. This funky top features fabric sewn into concentric, irregular shapes that are frayed.
The jeans were...too big. I wanted them so bad, that I obviously overlooked that when I tried them on. *sigh* Into the giveaway pile they go. I think they might be perfect for Yvonne...
Ready for a brisk walk to town.
- Suede gloves - gift from Mom, first wearing
- Bronze cuff - handmade, 70s, Mom's
- Poe cuff - Jezebel Charms, gift from L
- Earrings - thrifted
Today, I walked to town to get groceries, and browsed in Dots.
- Dress - Christian Lacroix for Desigual, thrifted; last worn here with green and glitter in March
- Boots - 1883 Lucchesse, consignment; last worn here (2nd outfit) in September to see Frank Turner in Vancouver
- Denim duster (below) - Plum, thrifted; last seen here (4th outfit) in September to the last Winesday
I love this dress and always look forward to wearing it - look at all that wonderful pattern!
I shopped for 2.5 hours, and found about 25 items at Dots (three sessions in the fitting room); this outfit was excellent for trying on clothes.
It was bright and sunny when I left this morning, so I just did this lovely denim duster as my outerwear.
- Ear-balls - Dior, consignment
I ended up buying just one dress at Dots, this lovely deep teal one.
It's by Part Two, and was $29.99.
We bought a new couch over the weekend, to replace our old blue one that's gotten worn out. As we usually do, we bought it second-hand for $399.00 (saving ourselves about $1500.00!). They delivered it and took our old couch away for a fee, but totally worth it.
|"Something feels different about my couch."|
Vizzini checked out various perches.
|"I could get to like this new couch of mine."|
|"Hmm...would be better if you stopped taking pictures..."|