I've had a lovely relaxing weekend, and hope you all are too! The couch is calling, so let's dig into my weekend, starting with Friday's kooky outfit.
Every so often I buy something that requires trying it on with a bunch of things to figure out what the heck to wear with it.
This is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style. Go, go, go!
- Blouse - Sanctuary, thrifted; last seen here in June with pink leather
- Pants - See By Chloe, thrifted; purchased here for $24.99
- Shoes - Truths Pilgrim, Fluevog; last worn here with jammy and houndstooth in September
- Leather coat (below) - Danier Leather; last seen here last week
I'd originally intended to wear a blouse tucked into the waistband, but it didn't look right when I tried it on the night before, so I kept trying. A boxy or cropped top seemed to work the best shape-wise.
I had doubts when I saw this picture.
These pants have amazing thigh-widening properties.
A little better.
Yes, yes, I'm definitely on board for whackadoodle pants. Tee hee!
Outerwear - chilly in the mornings and chilly in the evenings.
- Red cuff - Rimanchik
- Black cuff - Guess, thrifted
- Earrings - Tania Gleave, Vancouver
I had a browse through the WIN store and the Patch after work on Friday, but nothing was really grabbing me. All the new fall stock is in, though.
Trust me, it's deep forest green. It's a tricky colour to photograph.
It was $16.95.
On Saturday, L and I were up early for brunch, followed by the official Spending of the Birthday Fluevog Gift Cards shop! Very exciting.
- Velvet blazer - Vero Moda, thrifted; last worn here in August with the jelly-deer
- Sweater - consignment; purchased for $10, first wear
- Skirt - Kay Unger, thrifted; last worn here in November 2017 with these same boots
- Boots - Babycakes Minis, Fluevog; last seen here in February with velvet and paisley (love that outfit)
If I'm going to the Fluevog store, I have to wear Fluevogs, and I have to be able to walk to town and back in them.
The skirt is metallic brown leather, and it's butter-soft. Don't you love the little ruffle around the bottom hem?
The cream sweater is getting its first wear - I won't be tracking it, as it's label-less and just a plain sweater.
- Scarf - Fairweather, c. 1999
- Cuffs - Jezebel Charms, gifts from L
- Earrings - thrifted
So! What did I find at Fluevog?
|The one on the left says "Luxury" and the one on the right says, "Freeze"|
Sweet, sweet, crazy shoes!
I tried on about 8 pairs of shoes - I always try on tons at Fluevog, and I never buy the ones I think I'm going to! Their shoes are not like other shoes...they really have to be tried on, if you can.
If you're curious, here are links to all the ones I can find/remember trying (linking 'cause I love, of course - although I'm a good customer, I don't get anything from Fluevog aside from great customer service).
- These gorgeous green and blue boots here - they were wide in the calf and quite high
- These fabulous striped "Beetlejuice" booties here - these were L's favourite, but I didn't love them as much
- These gold and black booties here - again, L loved them, but they were too much for me
- These beautiful blue ankle boots here - I will watch for these to go on sale
- These elaborate but gorgeous boots here - amazing, but too limiting for me (also very high)
- These pretty polka-dotted shoes here - until I remembered I already have a shoe with that purple leather (these ones) and I also have at least 3 pairs of polka-dot shoes
- These crazy shoes that I bought, the Lena Parfait Luxury Freeze - in berry, here
After trying all those shoes and boots on, I circled back to these goofy things. Although I liked a lot of the shoes I tried, none of them really made my heart sing. And then I put these on! I was grinning like an idiot as I pranced around the store - they're squishy and comfy and make my legs look a hundred miles long.
"These fill my heart with joy!" I exclaimed to the salesperson, to her bemusement. "I am filled with glee!" And that, my friends, is how you know you have the right shoes. Try them all and see what makes your heart sing.
Tabs to pull them on - I have skinny feet and ankles, and they are tight to get on and off.
This pair is called the Lena Parfait Luxury Freeze, and they were $445 less $320 in gift cards - thank you to L for topping up the rest.
The heels remind me of a jar of maraschino cherries.
L bought himself these spectacular Toledo Gateways (link) in white and orange.
Today, I walked to town to do my grocery shop (hurray for delivery!).
- Dress - Joe Fresh, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) to see a movie with Elaine
- Shoes - Star Wars by Irregular Choice; last seen here (4th outfit) for a shopping day in August
- Coat - Danier Leather, consignment; last worn here in April
Another nice sunny day.
I'm done with this dress. It's crappy quality.
here for $17.99 and I wore it seven times, so that's just over $2 a wear.
Outerwear - how most people saw me.
- Skull scarf - MetroWear, San Francisco, 2007
- Gloves - Parkhurst
All buttoned up.
Yoda and Luke!
- White gold earrings - Frances Jewelers, 10th anniversary gift from L
The garage sale was fantastic! It's run by a lovely lady named Suzy, who - like me - has been vintage and thrift shopping for years, and every so often she puts all her stuff out for sale. I marveled at the selection - she has a great eye - it was like shopping in my own closet!
I had to restrain myself, but I did find some great pieces, starting with this snake-print silk dress.
It's by T. Babaton. As always I pay little attention to the sizes, and just buy what fits.
I also found these spectacular black denim printed jeans.
They are by Seven7.
here's a flashback from 2009 when I got them in a swap from my sweets Caro).
I'm super-excited to try these!
I also fell hard for this awesome skirt.
Edged with bigass gems, because every skirt needs that.
Even the pockets - yes, pockets! - have gem trim.
The brand is Kateri, but I couldn't find anything about them online.
Happy with my discoveries, I walked to the WIN Boutique. I found more useful tops, including this brushed gold metallic one.
By Calvin Klein, and was $15.95.
However, I don't like wearing blatant labels, so I'll turn it around.
I really loved the fit of this navy blue sparkly top.
It's not a size 2, though. That's a Medium in Ted sizing.
I'm always on the lookout for camis and tanks for wearing under tops and sweaters. I noted the other day that I needed a grey one.
It was $5.95 and is by Propaganda.
I haven't had a denim skirt for a while - I find most of them too boring for my taste.
It also has a really high waist, so I'm hoping it won't ride up on me (I also have that issue with denim skirts).
A few of the grommets are missing, but I don't care.
The brand is Dare U, and it was $6.95
Vizzini, what do you think of all these purchases?
|"I care nothing for your clothing, Woman!"|
He is mad at us for bring his post in from the deck. Only a little gap of the deck door is open for him to go out, and we'll have to close that soon too.
|"This is completely unacceptable!"|
He really seems to think we can control the weather getting colder.
|"You must make it warm again!"|
I wish I could, bud!
I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!