Ah, with only Friday left, it feels like the weekend is here at last. I'm ready for it!
- Velvet blazer - Talbots, thrifted; purchased here for $4.25
- Tee - Banana Republic, consignment; first worn here in September with rust and plaid
- Skirt - Lord & Taylor; last seen here with the matching top here in October 2017
- Shoes - Channi B; last worn here in a matchy copper and teal outfit in March
- Sleeveless coat (below) - Only, thrifted; last seen here a week ago
Before we get into the outfit chitchat, a big "Thank you!" to dear Patti of Not Dead Yet Style for featuring me in her "Vintage Inspiration" post here.
I built this outfit around this new-to-me thrifted silk-blend velvet blazer. I like my clothes to have interesting textures, and when I heard that the cool kids are wearing velvet blazers and suiting is trending, well, you know I'm going to hop on that bandwagon. Thrifting it for only $4.25 also means that I can play with the trend and not spend a lot of money.
I seem to have accumulated half a dozen brown skirts, but it's been a while since I had a brown blazer. I buttoned it up to show you how it looks (good fit), but I wore it unbuttoned all day, as above.
I wore them together), but I let the top go (it was itchy and I didn't love the fit), and kept the skirt.
It's a fuzzy texture, like mohair - it is a wool blend. It's soothing to pat soft textures when the day's stresses start to poke at me, kind of like patting Vizzini only with less biting.
Here's just the tee and skirt. I like teal and brown together, plus it matches my glasses - matchy!
Outerwear - this sleeveless coat is wonderful for layering over blazers, especially velvet ones. Have you ever tried to get a coat on over a velvet jacket? It's a struggle: the velvet clings to everything.
- Scarf - gift from Mom
- Leather gloves - Danier Leather
- Necklace/bracelet - vintage 1950s. gift from L
- Feather ring - Fossil, thrifted
- Spinner ring - Twang & Pearl
- Mismatched gold hoop earrings - both gifts from L
My friends, I will be back on Sunday with my wrap-up. Thank you - as always - for visiting my little corner of the blogosphere. Have a wonderful weekend!