I proclaimed myself "a beautiful butterfly" to two of my coworkers, and flapped my "wings" at them.
- Silk kimono - Nancymac, consignment; last worn here (2nd outfit) in September 2019, over my outrageous Urbanite ensemble at the Art Gallery
- Sweater - Ellen Tracy, swap from Caro; last seen here in an outfit fail in April
- Skirt - Dries Van Noten, consignment; last worn here in November 2019 with purpureus
- Shoes - Big Presence Desmond, Fluevog; last seen here in August 2019 with a fabulous striped dress
Vizzini was completely unimpressed with me this morning.
|"My block toy is more alluring, Woman."|
We had a lovely sunny day today, and following my successful repair of the stains on these yellow shoes, I had to wear them with this wonderfully drapey silk kimono.
I am grooving on a flapper-ish vibe these days. Makes sense - it is the 20s, after all.
- Top chain - 2028, c. 1998
- Glass/wire chain - Oscar & Libby's
- Leaf necklace - Lisner, vintage 60s, Grandma J's
- Leaf bracelet - Trifari, vintage 60s, thrifted
- Gold/pearl bracelet - Trifari, vintage 60s, Mom's (I think)
- Gold/amethyst ring - Frances Jewelers, c. 1965, Dad's
- Crystal ring - Uffizi Gallery gift shop, Florence, Italy
- Earrings - consignment
The top chain is in the giveaway pile now - all the gold colour has rubbed off. It wasn't expensive when I bought it more than 20 years ago at Eaton's.
Hey, Vizzini, I'm going to do a flashback of all my yellow Big Presence Desmond shoes. What do you think of that?
|"Your shoes bore me."|
Ready? Including today's outfit, I've worn these shoes 21 times! Not bad, considering I bought them for $70 via the Fluemarket (Fluevog hosts a buy/sell site within their site), purchased here in February 2016.
This is the first outfit I made with them, in February 2016. I picked out the yellow in the jacket's pattern.
In March 2016.
There's that jacket again, in March 2016.
All tonally matchy with pastel yellow in May 2016.
I love this outfit - pink and yellow is an unexpected combo. This is also in May 2016.
This is from May 2016, well before the "cold shoulder" blouses were a thing - this is a vintage 90s version.
In July 2016 with a pussy-bow blouse.
There is a tiny bit of yellow in the pattern of this top (it's cranes, by the way).
Third time's the charm with this jacket.
Pink and yellow makes another appearance in September 2016.
And again! This is from May 2017 - the yellow shoes get packed away over fall/winter for 6 months.
Another pattern with some yellow in it - this is a vintage Etro dress, worn in June 2017.
I loved this dress, but I had to be at my most strict chocolate rationing to wear it.
For Pride Week in July 2018, I wore one of each of my waxed canvas shoes.
A repeat with this beautiful skirt, as promised, also in July 2018.
There's the full yellow set, including jewelry, in September 2019.
None of these yellows match exactly, but I can't imagine any other colour when the dress has a yellow hem.
If you wear a yellow top, you have bookends of yellow.
There's today's kimono and a similar swath of necklaces, in July 2019.
Variations on the first time 'round, but with all the yellow jewelry added.
That was fun! Does that convince you that you need yellow shoes? I always have a substantial collection of yellow in my closet - it's my sunshine colour!
|"And this is my sunshine, Woman, so move along."|
I'm off tomorrow - enjoy your day, and I'll see you on Friday!