Shoe Shine is on!
It will run every other Saturday until midnight Monday.
For the very first Sheila's Shoe Shine, it only seemed appropriate that I show my own first pair of Fluevogs:
When I bought these (actually, I think L probably bought them for me), it was pre-blog, probably around 2006. I was heavy (close to 200 lbs) and unhappy. These shoes made me forget that I couldn't find any clothes that fit. The goddamned shoes fit, and that felt wonderful. I felt like a rock star.
|Lovely crackle finish on the white leather, and the "Fluevog" signature on the back.|
We have a special relationship with shoes - that's why we love them.
So, please join me! Show us your shoes!
Shine on, you crazy diamonds! Glitzy, colourful, funky and gorgeous shoes of all kinds are welcome.
Want to play? It's super-easy. Anyone can join.
- Anyone can join. Write a post featuring a fabulous pair of footwear!
- Include a link to Ephemera somewhere in your post (it's only polite). Leave a comment here if you like (note that comments continue to be moderated.
- Go to the bottom of this post and click on the InLinks "Add Your Link" button to open a new page.
- In the "Next Step," you crop the picture you want to display, and voila!
- Show your Shoe Shine spirit by grabbing and displaying the button in the sidebar!