Shoe Shine is on!
Join us every other Saturday until midnight Monday.
For Shoe Shine #2, I'm going back to the oldest pair of shoes I own, both in the sense of longest-owned and most-aged shoes: my Red Carpet vintage pumps.here, 3rd outfit, in July 2011).
I bought them when I was living with L (before we got married), probably around 1996, in a vintage store. I wouldn't have paid more than $30 for them, since I worked retail and was relatively poor.
I remember that I showed these to my old boss Evelyn who remembered Red Carpets being "the thing" in the late 1950s.
I keep these because they are beautiful and works of art - and they are a little bit of history. I don't wear them often (as evidenced by the poorly wiped off dust, ha!), but they are a treasure to me.
So, please join me! Show us your shoes!
Shine on, you crazy diamonds! Glitzy, colourful, funky and gorgeous shoes of all kinds are welcome.
Want to play? It's super-easy. Anyone can join.
- Anyone can join. Write a post featuring a fabulous pair of footwear!
- Include a link to Ephemera somewhere in your post (it's only polite). Leave a comment here if you like (note that comments continue to be moderated.
- Go to the bottom of this post and click on the InLinks "Add Your Link" button to open a new page.
- In the "Next Step," you crop the picture you want to display, and voila!
- Show your Shoe Shine spirit by grabbing and displaying the button in the sidebar!