Sunday, August 4, 2024

Bigass Vacay Weekend Wrap-Up: Vancouver! Shopping! Haircut! Party! Brunch! Winesday!

Welcome back, my friends! This is a big post, full of outfits and adventures (and a little shopping, of course). Buckle in and maybe grab a drink - it's a long one! 

Vancouver! - Thursday/Friday

L and I booked an overnighter to Vancouver to see Molly Tuttle, a wildly-talented bluegrass player on her "Into the Wild" tour (Wikipedia link here, about her tour here - she's playing lots of venues in the US - and listen to her here on YouTube - all links in this post 'cause I love, as always). While I'm not overly familiar with her music, L is a big fan, and I so listen to everything he brings home. Open heart - open mind! I love discovering new-to-me music, don't you?

This micro-jaunt was a treat for ourselves - we don't take a ton of vacation (mostly extra-long weekends), and very few bands make their way to Vancouver Island, so we prioritize hopping to the mainland to see some of our very favourites live. 

We last visited Vancouver here on our annual Anniversary. No time to meet up with anyone this time - we seaplaned over on Thursday afternoon, and flew home on Friday morning - a surgical strike!
Dressed for a hot, sunny day, sitting in a cramped 12-person seaplane, and lots of walking. 

  • T-shirt - Platinum Blonde "Alien Shores '85" tour shirt, consignment; first worn here (2nd outfit) in June with a painty skirt
  • Jeans - Mac; first worn here to the mall with Stella daisies on our June staycation
  • Sneakers - Adidas, consignment; purchased (and worn briefly) here for $80.00
  • Jacket (below) - Ed Hardy, consignment; last worn here (2nd outfit) in June with Karl and velvet crops

I've gotten in the habit of wearing a band tee - or a graphic tee - to see other artists. I also like wearing older tour shirts if I've seen the band before. 
I take great delight in wearing my Platinum Blonde tour shirt (enjoy one of the seminal albums of my teen life in 1983 here). 

When grown-up me saw this on the racks at Cherry Picked Vintage, I would have paid any price for it - I was at this concert
It's a real tour shirt from 1985 - as a broke 17 year old, I could not afford to buy one (I recall the tickets were $12? that was a stretch!).

I live on the very bottom left corner of Canada, as seen on the map on the back. I kept getting asked if I was going to the concert - Billy Idol and Platinum Blonde played at Rogers Arena the night before we were in Van. I wish I'd known! 
The jeans are eye-catching, I'll admit. L won't lose me in a crowd - not that that would happen, as you will always find me standing at the back. Nope, crowds are anxiety-provoking! 

I wore my jacket tied around my hips when I was out of the sun. Zip pockets are always welcome. 
Back to the jeans, which are stretchy and have massive pockets (FIVE of them, you may be envious). 

Jacket on.
I got the jacket at the same time as the tee. 

Incognito - gotta hide from all the people. I'm a stressy traveler.
I've got my armour on! 

I'm crusted with embellishment. 
A good rear view - always important with pants! 

With my best travel purse - I need to be hands-free, and my shoulder does not tolerate one-side bags anymore. 
It also has lots of pockets. 

L and I each packed a mostly-empty backpack with toiletries and a change of tee, socks and underwear. 
I also carry a book, my mp3 player, a change of glasses and printed copies of all reservations and tickets. It would be typical that my phone would decide to delete my emails for no reason - it's done it before! 

The stuff: 
These sneakers were champs - not a rub or blister for my first real wearing of them. I wore little socklets just to be sure. 

Minimal bling:
First wearing of the jelly belt - I liked the contrast on the neon jeans. 

  • Belt - vintage, purchased here for $20.00
  • Grey leather cuff - thrifted
  • Red/steel cuff - Rimanchik
  • Silver/green stone ring - consignment, Sidney
  • Silver/onyx ring - Tocara, vintage fair
  • Stirling silver S pendant - gift from Mom & Dad, c. 1994
  • Silver earrings - consignment

I met L at Harbour Air - he came straight from work, changing out of his suit at the office. 
Rock on, love! Best traveling companion ever! 

There's our seaplane! 
We were in a little one - fewer than 12 seats. 

A view of the Coho Ferry (it goes to/from Port Angeles, Washington State, USA).
And a wee harbour ferry. Cloud Drama! 

We were right behind our pilot, Paul. 
One of the passengers sat up front with him. 

Taxi-ing out of the Inner Harbour. 
A giant sailboat, kayakers and that's the Boom + Batten restaurant, where Mom and I went for her birthday lunch. 

A gorgeous view of Mt. Baker looming on the mainland. 
San Juan Islands below. 

Angling to the north to Vancouver, we pulled away.
I amuse  myself by looking down on the little islands scattered in the strait. 

Finally Vancouver came into view. 
I can still see Mt. Baker on the right - can you?

The trees are Stanley Park.
 We're headed for the water in the middle left of the picture.

Making a turn to come in and land on the water.
The red arrow is the Harbour Air dock. 

L and I had a quick dinner at Earl's after we checked into the Blue Horizon Hotel. 
That's a yummy-looking slushie beverage you have there, L. 

We took a cab out to Kitsilano (kitz-uh-LANN-oh) and got in line for "doors open at 7pm."
I don't think I've ever been to Kits before (as the locals call it). This is the Hollywood Theatre. 

It used to be a movie theatre, but the middle section of seats have been removed so you can mingle around.
The side seats are still there, though, which is where I needed to be. We had a good view!

I got a kick out of this sign.
Go ahead, you know you want to! 

The theatre filled up.
It was mostly older "granola" types, with a small percentage of hip youngs. We fit right in, although did not wave our arms around like the bearded fellow on the right. 

The opening band was...the Lonesome Town Painters. 
Shockingly, they were also bluegrass. 

And then after a brief break, Molly Tuttle and her band (the Golden Highway) came on. That's her with the pink hair.
Enjoy L's music review of her latest album and show here

Molly is up-front that she had alopecia when very young, whipping off her wig for the last few songs.
While I enjoyed the show, bluegrass is not my favourite genre. This was close to two hours of bluegrass, which is a LOT. 

The theatre limned in neon afterwards.
Don't worry, I haven't heard of Vhoor either. 

I bought a t-shirt at the merch table for $40.00.
It's a good shade of dark green and I like the sporty vibe of the white font. L got the same one. 

We cabbed back to the hotel room, ate some fruit (good forward planning to pack that, Sheila) and crashed while watching late-night Olympics coverage.
Up bright and early on Friday morning. I wore the same outfit on the way home, only with a different tee, my Run The Jewels tour shirt (seen here in October 2023 for our trip to Seattle).

L at the float plane docks.
The poor man obviously needs a coffee. He looks cranky! 

While we sat in the plane waiting to taxi out, I spotted a harbour seal swimming around nearby. 
I promise that's a seal! 

Very close to the walkway.
See?

And off we went - I smiled when we passed over Pinky and Blue Boy (the red arrows below). 
It reminded me of last summer's trip to West Van with my Winesday gals (way back here)! We stayed at Caro's mom-in-law's condo (the green arrow). So much fun! 

Soaring up towards the west.
Much lovely scenery to the north.

And 35 minutes later, we were home. 
The red arrow is approximately where we live. 

Vizzini was so happy to see us.
"Feed me!"

Ross took this picture during his previous evening's visit. 

Shopping!

L and I had brunch on the way home at Avalon (a nice change from John's), and when I got home, I changed into my new tour shirt and went out for a wee Mental Health Shop on Fort Street. 
I needed some alone/me time, and L wanted to work on his MANday music playlists. Win-win! 

  • T-shirt - Molly Tuttle tour shirt, Vancouver; purchased above for $40.00
  • Skirt - Zara, thrifted; last worn here (4th outfit) for Rifflandia concerting back here in September 2023
  • Sandals - Doc Martens, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) in July with vintage Hawaiian

It was very hot and sunny out.
I wore little sporty shorts under my distressed denim skirt. 

It's too hot for my thighs to be touching! 
I put this skirt in Limbo - I need a better white denim skirt - so it's time to look for an upgrade. I wore it 5 times, and originally paid $12.95 for it, so I'm happy with my cost-per-wear. 

Ready to shop! 
I wandered down one side of Fort Street, and back up the other, visiting my favourite shops between Vancouver and Cook Streets. 

Incognito. 
Woo! A hot day! 

Accoutrements and stuff: 
I welcomed different shoes, although my feet were tired after hours of walking and shopping. 

  • Purse - Michael Kors, consignment
  • Belt - Desigual, thrifted, Sidney

Minimal bling: 
For both the weather and for ease of shopping/trying things on. 

  • Earrings - consignment
  • Silver/aventurine ring
  • Gold/amethyst ring - Frances Jewelers, c. 1965, Dad's

I popped into Luna first, and found this pair of trousers in the sale bin. 
Lots of pleats and a tapered, cuffed ankle. 

Pockets! 
I made sure the plaids lined up on the front and back. 

They are by Twik (a Simons brand) and were originally $35.00. 
Marked down to $10.00 for me! I'll wear these a lot in the fall, I think. 

Next up, I had a good poke through Botched, where I found this interesting zip-front bomber/cardigan. Pockets! 
I was stumped by the front zipper (which is two-way), until I realized it went all the way around to the back hem. It pulls over the head, and doesn't undo. 

The back is a pale blue sheer panel! It showed all my tattoos when I tried it on, but I'll wear a cami/top under it for regular use.
So interesting! You can see the "Y-3" on the left side of the hem - otherwise there is no branding on it.

Gorgeous seams inside.
Poly/wool blend. 

Y-3 and Yohji Yamamoto (I've heard of him!). 
And...does that say Adidas at the top? just under that circle logo with three slash/stripes? It does! I am tickled that I ended up with an Adidas piece - I didn't notice this until I got home. 

The store knew it was "Y3" - and it was priced appropriately for Yohji Yamamoto. This line debuted in 2003 (Wikipedia link here about Yohji). 
I'm sure this is from the early days of this label - I didn't have the energy to go through Vogue's slideshows (they have collections from 2011 onward). However, comparable zip-front jackets and cardigans from the current season are between $350-900+, so I was happy with my slight splurge at $120.00. 

From Botched, I had a peruse in Vend Collective further down the block, where I pounced on this studded corduroy vest.
Ooh, so many studs! 

A tie-back and more studs. 
This was $40.00.

The leather trimming the pockets shows signs of age.
And I need to get the dog hair off this.

It's by Black Sheep (of Canada). There are too many other "Black Sheep" brands out there now to find this old pre-internet label. I spotted one leather jacket that claimed to be from the 1970s with this same tag.
The CA number points to "Hallmark Garments" of Edmonton - and it's a very early early CA number, so it's likely from the 1990s (the last time vests had a big hurrah in fashion). 

I had a thorough browse in the Velvet Crease, as I haven't been there in months. I was pleased that the turnover of stock in that time didn't leave a lot of repeats, but I was/am ultra-fussy when it comes to my clothes - when I shop consignment, I only want really unique pieces (or really cheap ones, ha ha).
I liked this multi-fabric cropped cotton jacket. 

It's a mix of greys and blacks and cream. 
It's not lined, so will strictly be spring/summer for me - I've been looking for small thin jackets to wear over some of my skimpier tops and dresses.

I like getting an extra button. Made in Thailand - the CA number led to "Sasaki Art Gallery" in Vancouver.
And that's a real place! There is a similar bolero jacket here on their site for $150.00.

The brand is Sasaki Art, and this was $53.00.
Velvet Crease always removes their tags - and then I can't remember the prices - so I took phone pics in the fitting room. Oh, I'm so clever. 

I also found this lovely weight black sweater. 
I've turned a sleeve to show the leather elbow patches. It's also trimmed with leather at the shoulder. 

It would seem to be from 2014 based on the tag. 
It's merino wool/acrylic (which means the moths won't eat it and it won't get pill-y), plus leather trim. 

I've heard of John Varvatos, an American menswear designer. 
He doesn't make women's wear, so this is likely a men's sweater. 

It was half price for $24.00 - score! 
This would have sold for around $300.00 new. 

As I was paying for my two new finds, I spotted a lump of gold links in the jewelry display. 
A necklace/belt and bracelet! How lovely and hefty. 

They were $45.00 for the set. 
I think that's a good deal. I like the Brutalist vibe of it. I've been grooving on gold jewelry and accessories lately.

Haircut!

My sandals were rubbing by the time I got home, and I was annoyed at the white denim skirt, so I changed up part of my outfit for my early evening haircut. But first, I had a nap. 
All this flitting about has me exhausted. 

  • Tee - as above
  • Skirt - Acqua & Limone, consignment; first worn here in July with the Impractical Raincoat
  • Sneakers - Steve Madden, thrifted; last seen here with a black cocoon and copper in July

Ah, a much better skirt. 
Nice voluminous pockets. 

I also adore the pouffy shape.
I walked to my haircut, through the peaceful neighbourhood of Fernwood. 

Incognito. 
It was fun catching up with Kaitlyn. 

Accoutrements and stuff: 
I have gotten great wear out of this purse. A white purse - who knew? The sneakers were comfy and squishy - I wore little socks with them. 

  • Purse - Roots 73, thrifted

Copper bling: 
I liked how the turquoise went with the green tee. 

  • Enamel/copper cuff - Renoir by Matisse, vintage 60s, vintage expo
  • Hinged copper cuff - thrifted, Sidney
  • Copper/enamel ring - consignment
  • Copper ball ring - consignment
  • Shiny copper ring/earrings - Glee

I met up with L after my haircut and we had a quick dinner at the Fernwood Inn before heading home to change. 

Nick's Birthday Party! 

Happy Birthday, Nicky! I had a quick shower to get all the wee hair bits off me, and then we cabbed over to Greg and Rosanna's and enjoyed an evening of hanging out with our pals. 
Time to wear my big beautiful floral jumpsuit - YES, it's a jumpsuit! 

  • Jumpsuit - Jean-Charles de Castelbajac, vintage, thrifted; last worn here with Mom in July 2023
  • Flatform sandals - Skyhigh F Razzle, Fluevog; last worn here in July with Skants

This is a vintage JC/DC piece - it's linen with ginormous ABBA legs. 
It was still warm, right into the evening, so I didn't wear anything else. 

You can see how swooshy the legs are.
I'm a blur!

My hair is all trimmed up again - my bangs/fringe were driving me nuts.
My friends appreciated my outfit. 

I carried a pink pashmina.
But I didn't need it. 

I wrapped myself up in it when we cabbed home at 1am, but there was still lingering warmth from the hot day.
What a fun party! But whew, I was getting worn out. For those counting, this was my fourth outfit of the day! 

Accoutrements and stuff: 
My friends were agog at my giant sandals. My feet loved these.

Minimal bling:
My pink flocked earrings got lots of love. 

  • Blue/white cuff - consignment
  • Lucite/silver cuff - Alexis Bittar, consignment, Vancouver
  • Earrings - Dolls Kill, consignment
  • Silver/amethyst ring - vintage mall

Brunch!

I slept in a bit on Saturday morning, and then L and I headed down to John's Place for breakfast. 
Time to get in the annual wearing of this fabulous cotton vintage dress. Bubbles! 

  • Dress - Marjorie Hamilton, vintage 60s, thrifted; last worn here in July 2023 for brunch
  • Shoes - Enneagram Individualist, Fluevog; last seen here in August 2023 with chrysanthemums and acid wash denim

This dress had many fans as we were out and about.
What colours! 

What pattern! 
A big O in the back! No special bra needed, either. 

I matched all my make-up (aqua) and my glasses to it. 
I think you know I'm a matchy gal. 

Incognito. 
Ready to be in public again! 

Accoutrements and stuff: 
I don't wear these shoes as much as I should. 

  • Purse - Roots 73, thrifted

Summer bling: 
I don't like a lot of accessories when it's hot. 

  • Bangle - thrifted
  • Steel cuff - thrifted
  • Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
  • Turquoise ring - Glee
  • Earrings - thrifted

I had some luck at the Beacon Ave Thrift on my Five-Minute shop. 
I grabbed this two-piece coordinated outfit right away. That's too good to leave behind! 

It's a brocade-woven fabric, printed with slashes of aqua, blue and purple leopard. 
I love the "Pirate Sash" on the side of the drop-waisted top - there's even a wee button there. The skirt is just a simple pencil skirt with a kick-pleat in back. No labels on it, so I'm glad the top stayed with it.

Ooh, it's custom! 
Oh, I know that name - Celine! 

I was boggled to see a handwritten fabric content tag! 
The style is called "Frequence" and it's 100% silk (which I could tell from the feel, but it's nice to have that verified). The top has matching shoulder pads - I think this is from the mid-80s, around 1983ish.

I found similar two-piece outfits on vintage resellers for $250-450.00. 
For me? Only $15.00. It's not my size so I won't be wearing it - it's gone straight into Limbo for me to find it a new home and make me a bit of profit (more money for spending on cool things!). 

I also picked up this cobalt blue mini skirt. 
It's fully lined in gold satin. 

I like that it's stitched down to the blue fabric. 
It's a little longer in the back. 

Nice big pockets.
Also lined in gold satin. 

It's by Monk & Lou, which is carried by local/BC chain Plenty. 
This probably sold for around $35-50 originally. For me? $6.00. It's too big, so off to Limbo it goes! 

L and I picked up some weekend supplies and popped into Rich Rags for a quick look around. L bought a shirt for Nick's birthday and a tour t-shirt for Ross' birthday (both loved and appreciated). 
I grabbed this neon turtleneck sweater off the sale rack (I Folexed the armpits to remove the staining, and in the wash it went). 

It was $15.00. 
It retailed for $50.00. This will be a welcome jolt of colour in fall/winter. 

I grabbed this dress right away! I love that leaf pattern. 
A t-shirt shaped dress is right up my alley. 

Oh, it's by Adidas! 
I do like the pineapples on the back.

And the blue sleeves have gourds. 
Okay! 

It's from 2018 and is a collaboration with Farm Rio.
It retailed for $70 originally. 

For me? 
The generous folks at RR gave it to me for $49.00, marked down from $59.99. 

L bought these sneakers for me - he got a discounted price of $125.00 from the marked $150.00.
I spotted these in the men's section - sometimes it's handy to have big feet! I am a size Euro 40 or 9.5 US/CAN, and fit a men's size 12.

These are an upgrade to some of my non-leather sneakers. They are all leather with fabric insides.
I like the black "toes" - the white section is elastic and has a signature on it. 

"Star" - the other shoe says "Imma". Oh, I get it, "Imma Star" - very clever! I had not figured that out when I bought them, ha ha. 
Those three stripes...yes, these are also Adidas, by James Harden - and these are from Volume 3, whatever that means.

They are from 2018/2019, and I found this block of "Facts":
The adidas Harden Vol. 3 'Imma Superstar' sneaker incorporates a nostalgic message from NBA star James Harden with a luxe gold leather upper for a May 2019 release. 'Imma Be A Star' is a tribute to a note Harden wrote his mom back in high school, promising her that he would be a star. In 2016, the message is incorporated with Harden's own Vol. 1 sneaker, followed by a 2018 ad campaign—starring Harden's mom reading a letter of her own—and a second release with the Harden Vol. 2 silhouette.

Sure! James Harden is apparently a basketball player. Never heard of him! He must be number 13.
I saw a few of these online for $500-700+. 

James Harden, there it is. And XIII - 13 again. 
They're fun, and I'm sure I'll wear them a fair bit - they may become a "Walking To Work" shoe! 


Winesday Annual Pool Party!

When we got home, I hurriedly got my sh*t together, ready for Ross to pick me up and drive me and Cat to...Winesday! 
We coordinated months ago with Marian for her summer hosting, so that we could get a good weekend - the weather cooperated and about a dozen of us gathered at her house for an evening of swimming, delicious food and drink, and good times.

  • Kaftan - Ayrtight, thrifted; purchased here for $10.00
  • Shoes - Trippen, consignment; first worn here (2nd outfit) in July with red leopard denim

Our last pool party was Barbie-themed and was back here in August 2023 - there was no theme for this one, but I've been saving this kaftan for it. 
It is magnificent! 

I swanned about in this with a camisole and my sporty shorts underneath. 
Later - after I'd had a swim - I added leggings and a t-shirt under it. 

So much fabric! 
I love this bold pattern. 

Where's my pockets?
There they are! 

Incognito.
Showing off my Pringle bag, which I used to carry my swimsuit and a towel. 

Being photobombed by my silly husband.
He hosted MANday (Musical Appreciation Night...day, ha ha!) at our place. 

Accoutrements and stuff: 
Same purse! 

  • Purse - Roots 73, thrifted
  • Bag - Pringle, consignment, Sidney; purchased here for $29.98

Black and white bling: 
I took everything off before swimming. 

  • Striped bangles - consignment
  • Black and white cuff - vintage, vintage fair
  • Silver/onyx ring - Tocara, vintage fair
  • Silver/crystal ring - Soul Flower
  • Earrings - West Germany, vintage fair

We arrived early at Marian's. What a gorgeous day! 
The barn on the left (it's Rod's "man-cave"), the pool in the middle/distance up on the hill, and their house. 

Cat and I were first to arrive, and caught this glimpse of Sarah coming up.
She brought pizza - yummy, so good. 

The rest of the gals arrived, and we swam early while we had the light. From left, Marian, Caro, Vero and Jen. 
Then we gobbled down the food - salads, cheese/meat, fruit, apple fritters, cookies, chocolate. It was a very well-balanced meal - lots of healthy choices with just enough junk/chocolate.

The gathering beyond the main food table. 
From left: Tracy, Cat, Linda and Sarah. I missed Jean, but she was there.

After we ate, we wandered down to look at the sheep. 
It's an adventure!

As we got closer, we could hear the frantic "BAAAAA! BAAAAA!" alongside of us, and the thunder of sheep running to the gate. 
Ah! It's a Sheep-pocalypse! 

Nope, I do not want anything to do with these ravenous beasts. 
I'll keep my distance, thank you! 

Marian and Jen feeding them. 
Back to the pool we went after this side-trip, where we lingered for many more hours, laughing, eating and drinking. Cat, Linda and I Ubered home, where I joined the MANday men for an hour before they all trickled home. 

And now...

Nothing! 

I'm done! That's a LOT of social for me, and I really needed a lot of down-time. L and I hung out at home and played boardgames, watched Olympic coverage and chilled with Vizzini for Sunday and Monday.
"Finally!" 


I'm so glad to just relax - but it was all worth it! What a perfect Vacay! 

Thank you so much for your comments, your presence and for your happy vibes, my friends! See you next week, when I return to my regular work outfits.

12 comments:

  1. So many beautiful outfits! You seemed to have had a blast! Congrats on your anniversary.
    I love the first rock styling. Those jeans look great on you!
    Beautiful dresses, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you've spent your vacay weekend very well indeed. A gig, a bit of shopping, brunch and not one but two parties! Woohoo indeed!
    My favourite outfits are your big floral jumpsuit, the Marjorie Hamilton dress and that magnificent kaftan! Oh, and I love your new hairdo! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an action packed vacay! You need another vacay to recover... I think it's wonderful you hop on a seaplane to Vancouver and it only takes 35 minutes!

    Fab outfits; my favourite was the jumpsuit and the fab caftan. Wonderful accessories. Amazing finds from your shopping trips; you're on an Addidas roll at the moment. I shall check Molly Tuttle out; I like blue grass.

    Have a great week!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous and full vacation! Your energy is admirable, to say the least! Like others have noted, your jumpsuit and caftan are gorgeous pieces in their own right and flattering to the max on you.

    I'm also a fan of the cotton vintage cress and the perfect matching of it with your shoes. Matchy matchy is definitely one of your hallmarks.

    Your vacation haul of goodies is interesting, in particular I like the plaid pants, the black vest and the cropped cotton jacket. Looking forward to seeing how you style not only those but all of the new-to-you pieces. Thanks for taking me/us along on your Vancouver concert overnight and the Winesday annual pool party (I recall last years and some of the years prior, as well. :-))

    Cheers, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun looking trip! fantastic outfits too. Wish I'd saved more concert shirts. I still have a few, but now they're too valuable to think about wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was me (Goody) at 3:41 Blogger is being flaky again

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness , that was such a busy and fun filled long weekend. Fabulous outfits , I especially loved the jumpsuit and the caftan . I love your pink wedges , easy to see why they are so comfortable. As usual the shopping gods have been good to you , you find the best pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a SUPER time at the pool party- that Kaftan is really cool!
    I love your new finds, particularly the waistcoat!
    Molly Tuttle sounds great! I love Bluegrass violin! Your band tee and yellow trousers was such a cool, comfy look! I approve! ;-)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love that kaftan on you, what a perfect outing for it!
    That sounded like an epic weekend and I loved accompanying you on your flight. I always bought the knock-off tee shirts outside the venue and they always fell apart very quickly.
    The bubble dress is ace and those new gold trainers are really cool.
    Cats and the Olympics, that sounds like our week, too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! Great report on a wonderful trip. Thanks for sharing it with us. Love seeing pics of Harbour Air, Stanley Park and your fun clothes. Outstanding post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! So much content in one post! The gig sounds good (and a fascinating little trip to get there). Glad you bagged a t-shirt too!
    The kaftan is splendid! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree that the long white skirt looks more NOW than the mini one.
    Your blue and white jumpsuit is indeed still beautiful. I also like the Marjorie Hamilton dress. Those shoes make it so modern and the colours are such a match.
    That kaftan is to die for. I would buy it immediately, although this one would be too short for me.
    A pool party, never had that. Looks like great fun.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so incredibly special, and I love them and hug them and treasure them forever. Please feel free to tell me what you think!

I'm not currently able to respond to comments, but I will make every effort to answer questions. I do read every single one, and appreciate your comments.

Please note that comments containing affiliate links spam-y sites, spam comments and anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted.

Cheers,
Sheila