This is it, my friends! One more easy day tomorrow, and then I am off.
Today's outfit was a hit. Of course it was!
- Top - H&M, consignment; last worn here in October with my October skirt (how appropriate)
- Skirt - handmade, vintage 60s, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) right around this holiday time in December 2017
- Shoes - Aldo, thrifted; last worn here (5th outfit, past the closet pictures) in October with plaid pants
- Coat (below) - Danier Leather; last seen here a week ago
Today was busy, getting ready to shut things down in the office for nearly two weeks, so I opted for pure comfort.
This is actually not a sweater; it's woven plush/faux fur, fully lined with a stretch polyester. It's WARM.
The fabric is woven of lurex and some sort of synthetic (nylon or polyester), and it's much softer and drapier than it looks. Here's a close-up.
It is in good condition, although some of the lurex is fraying at the hem (Vizzini likes to lick it, weird cat).
Outerwear - I actually clipped up my hair and pinned it under my toque, almost as soon as I got outside. We are having major storms!
- Fur toque/scarf/leather gloves - Danier Leather
- Ring - Sarah Coventry, vintage shop, Powell River
- Bracelet/earrings - Metropolitan Museum Gift Shop, NYC
Here's a better look.
I always think of this bracelet and earring set as Christmassy, but it's actually different stars, a compass point and a snowflake, all from the Metropolitan Museum of Art's collection. I bought them in NYC ten years ago, in the Met gift shop - I first showed them on the blog here in June 2009. The bracelet is actually somewhat painful to wear - those points are sharp!
My friends, I will be back on Sunday with my weekend wrap-up. I know all of you will be busy over the holidays, doing your thing, but I just want to thank you all so much for reading, for visiting my world. I have met some amazing people here over the 10+ years I've been doing this, and have made some great friends. I appreciate every comment that you take the time to leave. I wish all of you peace, joy and good times, always.