This is my last quiet weekend of 2018, so we took advantage of it by...doing nothing.
- Sweater - J. Crew Collection, thrifted; first worn here in May with grey pleats
- Blouse - Renuar, thrifted; last seen here in September layered under velvet
- Jeans - Levi Strauss, thrifted; last seen here in October with sparkles
- Shoes - Hispanitas; last worn here (2nd outfit) in November with mustard and monkey arms
- Suede coat (below) - Prosper & Devine, vintage mall; last worn here in March
A second wearing of my Thousand-Dollar Sweater (no kidding, it actually retailed for $1,400+). Most people at work thought this was all one piece, but I have a cream high-necked blouse layered under the sweater.
Oh, and also needed for sweating - it's been a "glowy" week, shall we say.
Outerwear - I went full whackadoo.
- Fur scarf - Danier Leather, thrifted
- Gloves - Danier Leather
- Earrings - Jacob
- Crystal/silver ring - Soul Flower
- Crystal ring - Uffizi Gallery gift shop, Florence, Italy
Vizzini has been very happy to have us home all weekend.
|"Oh, are you home? I hadn't noticed."|
We treated him to a new mousie toy.
|"What deliciousness is this?"|
We have to cut his mousies' ears, feet and tails off, as well as all tags.
|"But those are the tastiest bits!"|
Vizzini is rather violent with his toys.
|"I eat you! I eat you!"|
|"Stay away from my mousie, Woman!"|
|"Ah, the sweet catnip centre."|
A few more twists and turns...
|"Claw, bite, claw, rake...die, mousie!"|
And then a few last licks.
|"Ah, this one put up a fine fight."|
Ready for a nap now, Vizzini?
|"I might be..."|
On Saturday, L and I walked to down for brunch at Floyd's.
This is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style. What are you waiting for? Go!
- Dress - Kenzo, thrifted; last worn here (3rd outfit - and it's exactly this combo!) in December 2017
- Boots - BCBG Max Azri; last seen here (2nd outfit) in November for brunch with velvet
- Cape (below) - Coracle Clothes, pass-along from S. Adams, vintage 60s; last worn here in November
I love the bright pink and the heavily-embroidered tiger head.
I wore dark purple tights (matching the tiger) and over-the-knee boots to mitigate the shortness of the dress.
Outerwear - it was the perfect day for a cape!
- Gloves - Danier Leather
- Purse - vintage, vintage fair
Why not dress up?
- Brooch - The Bay, c. 2002
- Earrings - Aldo Accessories
- Pearl ring - Erth, consignment
- Amethyst ring - c. 1985, gift from Dad
- Amethyst/gold ring - c. 1965, Frances Jewelers, Dad's
Last night, Vizzini chilled out beside me while we played board games.
|"I call this Yellow Steel."|
He does have quite a penetrating stare.
|"I call this Sleeping Cat."|
But he's cutest when he's sleeping!