Hello! What a whirlwind the time off is - the days are flying by!
This is what I wore to have Christmas Part 2 at Mom's house.
- Velvet mock-neck - Mantles, consignment; last seen here in my Hallowe'en costume in October
- Sweater - Banana Republic, thrifted; first worn here (5th outfit, past my closet pics) in October with plaid pants
- Long cardigan - vintage 80s, Ports, consignment; last seen here (4th outfit) for Winesday at Marian's in September
- Shoes - Room 502 Entrance, Fluevog; last worn here a couple of weeks ago with my PANK dress
- Sleeveless coat - Only, thrifted; last seen here for our trip to Powell River for Christmas
Our three nieces were there, and we all hung out and exchanged gifts.
Followed by a game to win chocolates.
I did let my niece Sidney try on my shoes, though.
Outerwear - it was a sunny day, so not much needed.
- Wool beret - consignment
- Leather gloves - Danier Leather
Silver and blue bling:
- Earrings - Brenda Schoenfeld, 1992; vintage mall
- Crystal ring - Soul Flower
- Sodalite ring - Scotland, 1996
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
Gifts from Mom:
A pretty leaf necklace.
And this cool shell/tentacle cameo pendant.
Today, I walked down Oak Bay Avenue to House of Savoy.
- Dress - Desigual by Christian Lacroix, thrifted; last worn here (3rd outfit) for a shop in October
- Boots - Matisse, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) in October with amazing pants (they went to one of Yvonne's coworkers)
- Coat (below) - Danier Leather; last worn here last week
It's a grey and rainy day, so dressed warmly, but this is all stuff that's easy to get off and back on.
I'm rather fond of this dress.
Do these tights go with this dress?
Outerwear - I clipped my hair up under the stretchy toque for my walk.
- Toque/scarf - Danier Leather
- Gloves - Cejon, thrifted
Special guest bling:
- Ear-balls - Dior, consignment
He's gold-tone with green eyes.
Black long crystals for his stripes.
It's fully articulated, from the tip of the tail to the tip of his paw.
I did well at House of Savoy. I try on everything that looks interesting, although I do find the higher "designer consignment" prices intimidating. Fortunately, they do have a sale rack!
I found these stunning silver stretch jeans for only $12.00!
They are by H&M. The two zip front pockets are real, although ow! Why would you put zippers there?
here, linking 'cause I love) but were originally $34.99.
I fell for the gorgeous pattern on this blouse.
The background is cream with black accents.
It's by Sylvia Lee for Barcelino per Donna.
here). Same font on their labels as on this blouse.
The size is noted as 12, but it's not a modern size 12, so I'm guessing that this is a vintage-ish piece. Yup, they expanded to include "Per Donna" in 1995 for career women.
I just loved how this jacket fit. Also, PLAID!
It's by Nanette Lepore, and is called the Espionage jacket.
I love the horn button (there is also a hook and eye) at the waist closure.
It's made in the USA, like all Nanette Lepore.
As I wrap up this post, Vizzini is circling - he knows I'm going out (again).
|"First the Man leaves, then you again?"|
Sorry, buddy! Off to hang out with some friends.
I hope you are all having a lovely quiet week!