This will be my last post before Christmas - I'll be back mid-week with my usual wrap-up of what I wore for my shenanigans.
Thursday's outfit was chosen for my dear WW group. Such a wonderful group of inspiring people - thank you to all for keeping me on track. Yeah, I look pretty good for a fifty-year-old gal.
- Sweater - Tatyana, thrifted; last seen here in November with silver flounces
- Skirt - Roland Kerry, vintage 80s, consignment; last worn here in December 2017 with these same shoes (shocking)
- Shoes - Marc; last seen here in October with acid yellow and floral
- Coat - Stop Staring!, thrifted; last worn here over the same outfit as the sweater in November
I knew I had to wear this bright emerald green sweater with this.
Outerwear. This was highly impractical and not warm enough for the day!
- Pins - gift from Evelyn
- Earrings - Metropolitan Museum of Art gift shop
On Friday, I'd anticipated my boss' usual bottles of Bailey's circulated around the office all morning, followed by a gentle suggestion to go home early. I wore my office jammies.
- Top - Hommage, consignment, Vancouver; last seen here in November with a circus skirt by Dries
- Skirt - no label, handmade, vintage 70s, thrifted; last worn here in December 2016 with a different cream top
- Boots - Matisse, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) in October for a Saturday brunch
- Coat (below) - Apparence, vintage 80s thrifted; last worn here a couple of days ago
After my stern talking to myself, I spent the quiet afternoon going around and giving awkward sideways coworker hugs, fist-bumps and waves to my colleagues, and wishing them a Happy Holidays, and telling those that matter to me...that they matter to me, I felt much better, and in the spirit of the season.
I caught the bus home at my usual time, and got ready for my evening out with Mom.
Outerwear - I was still chilly in this. We're getting to full-on Unsafe Ocelot season if this cold weather keeps up.
- Toque/scarf - Danier Leather
- Wool gloves - vintage, thrifted
- Earrings - 5th anniversary gift from L
- Amber ring - c. 1996
Mom and I went to a Broadway production of "Chicago" (local paper review here) on Friday night. I had to get dressed up, but be comfortable, and be warm.
- Jacket - Danier Leather Couture, consignment; last worn here in October with chevrons
- Sleeveless sweater - no label, thrifted; no idea when I last wore it and I don't feel like searching for an hour for it
- Skirt - Kensie; last seen here in December 2015 with green top and toes
- Shoes - Truths Makena, Fluevog; last worn here (2nd outfit) a few weeks ago for a weekend brunch
Jacket off - no one saw this. I kept my leather jacket on all night, even in the sold-out theatre.
Jacket on - my indoor look.
|"There, these pictures needed more cat."|
|"The Woman is always getting in the way. My fans demand more pictures of me."|
|"Okay, bored now."|
Bundled up. NOT ENOUGH.
- Fur scarf - thrifted
- Wool gloves - vintage, thrifted
- Graduated necklace - gift from Mom, Alaska, bought in 1997
- Hematite necklace/both bracelets/both rings - thrifted
- Earrings - gift from Mo
- Chain cuff - thrifted
- Amber ring - c. 1996
I got home late (L was out at another event), watched a movie and went to bed. Up bright and early today/Saturday for brunch with L.
- Dress - Max & Co., Florence, Italy; last seen here on my last day of work in December 2016
- Shoes - Miista; last worn here (2nd outfit) with vintage brights in November
- Coat (below) - Apparence, vintage 80s, thrifted; last seen on Friday, above
Outerwear - better! I was warmer on our walk downtown (it was sunny!).
- Toque/scarf/gloves - Danier Leather
- Necklace - Nygard, consignment
- Random earrings
Vizzini's been very lonely, since both L and I have been out so much lately.
|"No, I'm not, stop telling lies, Woman."|
|"Merely trying to stay warm. Affection is not involved."|
|"How dare you tell my fans I drool! This post is your leg! I scratch it in fury!"|
|"Are you still here? Don't you have somewhere to be?"|
- Monster Vest - Zara Woman, consignment; last seen here in December with bigass pants
- Sweater - Jean Paul Gaultier, consignment; last worn here (3rd outfit)...with Monster Vest! in November for a party
- Skirt - Wei Peng Padding Down, thrifted; first worn here in November with teal velvet
- Boots - Clarks; last seen here in November with classic cowgirl
- Coat (below) - Hilary Radley, thrifted; last worn here earlier this week
I am going to be warm! I anticipate that this skirt will be even better in this cold than the first time I wore it. It's been lovely and toasty as I've worn it while typing this post.
I love this funky vibe. It's very "me" feeling.
It's important to pay attention to how we present ourselves - it's part of my self-care.
Outerwear - looking warm, this is good.
Bronze and brass bling (say that three times fast).
- Cuffs - Jezebel Charms, gift from L
- Locket - gift from L
- Earrings - 5th anniversary gift from L
- Spinner ring - Twang & Pearl
- Feather ring - Fossil, thrifted
- Bronze ring - P. Sarpaneva, vintage 70s, vintage fair
I will leave you with my good wishes for the holiday season, and a little game of "Spot the Cat."
|"Hee hee hee, no one will ever find me."|
|"Love to all my fans. You complete me."|
The first skirt is so beautiful. Merry Christmas!ReplyDelete
Thank you, Ally! Merry Christmas to you and Robyn!Delete
you look fabulous in every outfit - how festive. I have bought a sequin camouflage frock for Christmas (off ebay) because it made me laugh. Happy Christmas to you and L, and Vizzini - his remarks are so funny. CathyReplyDelete
Thank you, Cathy! Ooh, I love that you bought something like that - I hope you wear that dress! Happy Christmas to you! (Don't tell Vizzini that, he's already full of himself).Delete
That fabulous plaid skirt caught my attention the minute I saw your post op up in my reading list! It's absolutely gorgeous and looking very festive with the green jumper. In fact, all your outfits are spot on for the season! Other favourites are that amazing maxi skirt with the fluffy sweater and the shimmery frock. Aw, Vizzini! Like Phoebe, he seems to be a master in finding the snuggliest of places for a nap! Happy holidays to you, L, and Vizzini! xxxReplyDelete
Isn't it amazing? I love it so much. Thank you so much, Ann! Happy holidays to you and your family!Delete
Some fab outfits here, Sheila and I can see why those delicious platforms are a favourite.ReplyDelete
The tartan midi and the golden rose maxi are wonderful.
Yes, dressing up every day is all about self care. I quite agree.
Sending much love to you, your man and Vizzini for Xmas. xxx
Thank you, Vix - it really is a form of self-care. I always feel better when I'm putting my best (shod) foot forward. Love to you and your fam right back, my dear.Delete
The sleeping bag skirt is the BEST! Always amazing, Merry Christmas!ReplyDelete
Thanks, Julie! I think so too! Happy holidays to you!Delete
Looking very fabulous as always Sheila. Wishing you, L, and my very favorite feline Vizzini the merriest of Christmases and a happy New year.ReplyDelete
Thanks so much, Donna! Happy holidays right back to you! Thank you for reading and commenting!Delete
These are FIRE party looks!!!!!!!!! Love from me to u & fam for the holidays!!!!!ReplyDelete
Right back atcha, Becky! Hugs to you!Delete
❤️ each and every outfit featured here,ReplyDelete
The Christmas tree skirt is a stunner, as is the dotted dress. That last outfit with the quilted skirt and furry vest...to die for. Wish you lived closer, I think we would have a ball shopping together.. our closets are much alike, as I think we are too, in our creative expression and eclectic wardrobes!
Thank you, Elle! I love busting out the fun pieces this time of year. I think we would have a hoot shopping together - I'll let you know next time I'm in NYC! We'd be fighting over who gets what, I think!Delete
You suit a skirt and top so well, Sheila! You look fabulous in all your outfits. What wonderful floral skirts and the dress is lovely especially with that necklace. I love the hairy type vest and the wonderful sleeping bag skirt. F A B U L O U S!ReplyDelete
A drooley cat - now there's a thought...
Aw, thank you, Veronica! He's very drooly when he's happy, which is good (I guess). I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas. All the best from me to you. Hugs!Delete
You have such great clothes, Sheila. My daughter has just lost a lot of weight and I've recommended your blog to her as she is having so much fun with "gently worn" clothing. I really like the taffeta skirt.ReplyDelete
Thank you so much for your sweet comment, and for pointing your daughter to me for inspiration - I hope she has fun shopping for her "new" self. Good for her! Happy Holidays!Delete
I love your Christmas maxi skirt, and I'm glad you made the most of your longer than expected day. We had one year where we were all waiting to be sent home...and waiting...eventually our immediate manager sensed the revolt (and noticed the people sneaking off for 'lunch' with all of their things) and told us to go home. Not sure what happened when the big boss came through later to reward everyone by telling us to go home early...haha!ReplyDelete
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and you continue to have a stylish time in the new year! :)
Thank you, Mica! That was frustrating, but ah well, let it go - I did get some stuff done, and it didn't really matter in the end. Merry Christmas to you and your family!Delete
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, thanks for sharing all your adventures, and more importantly your fashions...:) I do believe I have been reading your blog for 10? years. Always a delight darrrrrrrrrlin. As time travels, it is important to feel the most "authentic" you that you can, always evolving. ( lord know I have time and time again!) Best of wishes to you and L and of course your furry Vizzie.ReplyDelete
Erin, you have been here from nearly the beginning! I can't believe it, but thank you so much for hanging in there all these years! Much love to you and your family for the holiday season!Delete
What a wonderfully festive post Sheila. I love, love, love all the sparkly skirts (the gold and black one most of all). I also love that you gave yourself a pep talk. We all suffer these moments when expectations and reality don't meet, but these are the times when personal growth has the opportunity to present itself. Good for you that you turned it all around and showed some love to those that matter. I hope you've enjoyed some downtime over the holidays and wish you a very Happy New Year.ReplyDelete
Lots of love
I love getting into the season through my clothes, Anna! We have to wear our sparkles some time, don't we? Yeah, I have to put things in perspective every so often and chill out over things. I've had some awesome downtime and enjoyed myself thoroughly, and I wish the same right back to you! Hugs to you, my dear!Delete
Wow, you have certainly been rocking brocades and other marvellous textiles.ReplyDelete
And you can always get yourself some Bailey's ;) and yes, YES we have so much to be grateful for.
A big hug and wishing you only the best for 2018-
Hugs to you, darlin'! Thanks - I guess I did have a bit of a brocade theme going there - totally not on purpose, just happened that way! Yes, the attitude of gratitude is a good thing to practice!Delete