This weekend has just flown by, capping off a busy week. And as it's still going on (and L and I are headed out to a movie soon), let's get 'er recapped, shall we?
Here's Friday's outfit. Plan for the day: work my a** off, then get my hair cut, then chill out at home with Vizzini while L is at his staff holiday party.
- Dress - Styled by Adrian, vintage 60s, thrifted; last worn here in December 2017 with these same shoes
- Shoes - Miista; last seen here (2nd outfit) in November with navy tulle for brunch and shopping
- Coat (below) - Vassali, consignment; last worn here in November
The dress is pale green with woven-in chevrons of green satin, trimmed with aqua lame (lah-MAY!). Here's what it looks like - very tactile in person!
I'm a handy office elf that way. The day flew by.
However, I'm just pleased I made it to Friday.
It was raining most of the day, and I spent a fair bit of time standing around in barely-covered bus stops. I was glad of practical shoes.
Outerwear - wish I'd worn a hat, though, as my hair got the brunt of the rain before and after my cut.
here in July for $6.00.
- Gloves - thrifted, Powell River - first wearing
I had many admirers of this stunning green suede bag, including Mary at the salon: "I can't stop staring at that bag."
here at My Sister's Closet while shopping with Vero, for $16.50. I love the long strap, although being a bucket bag with only one internal pocket, it was tricky to find things in the bottom, like my keys.
- Bag - no label, made in USA, consignment - first wearing
- Earrings - thrifted
- Bracelet - Lia Sophia, thrifted
- Lapis lazuli ring/Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
L and I headed to town for our usual Saturday brunch. I had to finish up my Christmas shopping - a few stocking stuffers and some odds and ends.
- Tux shirt - Cleo, thrifted; first seen here in July with chrysanthemums
- Skirt - Nygard, consignment; last worn here in April with green Gookey
- Shoes - Michael Kors, thrifted; last seen here (3rd outfit) in August for a brunch day
- Leather coat (below) - A&S Selections, thrifted; last worn here over my Hallowe'en outfit in October
I started the outfit with the blue tights, one of the last unworn pairs in one of my bags of tights - however, I still have a drawerful in my lingerie chest to get through!
I love this simple black shirt - it has pintucked tux detailing down the front, a snap at the boobs (no gaping! yes!), and lovely little flippy cuffs.
here when I bought it (probably for around $40, although I didn't note it at the time). I've worn it over 20 times in 10 years, so I'm probably down to about $2.00 per wear. It's been an awesome classic for me, and is probably one of the oldest items I own.
This is more like it - outerwear factored in.
- Hat - vintage, thrifted
- Scarf - faux Louis (Lewis!) Vuitton Stephen Sprouse, thrifted
- Gloves - Cejon, thrifted
It ended up getting really windy later in the afternoon - I had to carry my hat in a bag to keep it from blowing away! I also clipped my hair up to prevent a huge snarl.
Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style. Go, go!
here in April for $24.95, and I've worn them 5 times, so I'm good with that cost per wear, especially in less than a year. Better to get them out now than to let them languish, taking up space.
- Necklace - thrifted
- Earrings - thrifted
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
While I was doing my pictures, L was putting his lace-up boots on.
|"I spy...Kitty Spaghetti!"|
Vizzini was helping.
Straps and shoelaces whipping around...it's too much for this little guy.
Our messy den - those are my slippers, and that's where I sit to write my posts.
L's doing a punk look with skinny plaid pants, a Frank Turner tour shirt, and one of his many patterned shirts. As always, we sort of matched.
|"Om nom nom, these are so delicious."|
We have to hide our guests' shoes from Vizzini when we have people over.
While I was out doing my quick bout of shopping, I spied this necklace at Charmaine's Past & Present (it's a used furniture store, mostly - we bought our last couch from them).
And there's the tag on the chain.
I didn't have too much time to shop, as I had to get home and change my outfit for the Belfry Theatre's production of "Griffin and Sabine", based on Nick Bantock's interactive book(s) - info here, they are very fun to read, as you open envelopes and pull out letters. Local review here, which gives more info on the play and books. Mom and I really enjoyed it!
- Sweater - Cable & Gauge, consignment; last worn here in December 2017 over a red dress
- Skirt - Danier Leather, thrifted; last seen here (5th outfit, way at the bottom) in March for Winesday at Caro's
- Shoes - Truths Makena, Fluevog; last worn here (4th outfit) in November for theatre with Mom!
- Coat (below) - Desigual; last seen here (4th outfit) in November - HA! in the same outfit as the shoes above , for the theatre with Mom. I should probably check these things.
My main outfit isn't all that exciting, because I put all the colour into the outerwear.
|"You're going out AGAIN?"|
This grey beaded cardigan is lovely, but fairly simple. Just a bit of sparkle from the beading.
I love bigass long skirts for keeping warm.
Bundled up for the walk to the theatre - it was windy, but thankfully not raining.
- Toque - Club Monaco, thrifted
- Fur scarf - thrifted
- Leather gloves - consignment
L also headed out for the evening. Same outfit, but adding his Dolphins scarf.
- Purse - Aldo
- Cuff - St. Paul's Cathedral gift shop, London
- Ring - Soul Flower
- Earrings - thrifted
Off to see "Anna and the Apocalypse" shortly, and then it's just one more week of work! Wishing all of you calm, peace and good times in the coming week. Thank you for visiting!