I often go full sparkle at this time of year, but rather than limit myself to only sparkly things, this year, I'm also diving into colour.
- Dress - Essentiel Antwerp, consignment; last worn here in October with matchy shoes (must wear those again!)
- Shoes - Room 502 Entrance, Fluevog; last seen here in October with double capes (I love that outfit)
- Coat (below) - Apparence, vintage, thrifted; last worn here over my steel party dress a couple of weeks ago
In my ongoing Quest To Wear All My Tights, I'm really digging down in my collection. I'd actually pulled out another pair that matched this dress (shocking), but then I spotted these glorious floral beauties, and that was it. Lurve!
here in December 2013!
Ah, here we go: I bought them in December 2012, here. Of everything in that post from 6 years ago, I still have:
- The velvet coat
- The sleeveless grey sweater
- The grey woolly boots
- Smoking Lily: the space jacket, the moose top (I sleep in it now), the underwear, leather card-holder (for my blog cards, which I still use) and "geek" bag
- The Sox Trot knee-highs (still to be worn in the Quest)
- The flower necklace
Not bad for 6 years!
Ahem, I digress, back to today's outfit. The dress is delectable, isn't it? I love the swing shape of it.
People really love colour.
Outerwear - I went to a work-client festive gathering after work, so I dressed up my outerwear look too.
- Cashmere beret - Club Monaco, thrifted
- Fur boa - thrifted
- Leather gloves - consignment
It was pouring rain by the time I came home. Rain rain rain. At least you don't have to shovel it.
- Necklace - thrifted
- Earrings - made for me by Sherri
- Amber ring - c. 1996
- Amethyst/gold ring - Frances Jewellers, c. 1965, Dad's
Just as I was about to leave this morning, I went to put my coat on...
|"I love the Unsafe Polar Bear, and it loves me. Our love will not be denied."|
I don't know how my coat got on the floor! What a little monster.
|"You should probably go - you're going to be late for work."|
I'm taking that coat with me, buddy!