One last weekend before Christmas - and oh, what a lovely time I've had.
Let's start with Friday, my last day of work for the year. Nothing says holidays like shiny and bright colours.
- Brocade jacket - Aldo, thrifted; last worn here in March with red and gold
- White shirt - no label, thrifted; last seen here a couple of weeks ago when I was a cowgirl
- Jeans - Gap, thrifted (hemmed by me); last worn here in May with purple tigers, but I wear them around the house frequently
- Shoes - Truths Pilgrim, Fluevog; last seen here in November with rainbow plaid
- Sleeveless coat - Only, thrifted; last worn here in November
Thursday night/Friday was horrendously stormy, knocking out power all over.
Not very many people in the office, and even less as the day wore on. My jacket got a lot of love.
One little guy who always gets hugs, is Mr. Vizzini.
|"Stop this mawkish display at once, Woman!"|
He actually likes it, despite the mortified look on his little fuzzy face.
I've never worn this jacket with just a plain white shirt and jeans before.
|"Are you still blathering on? What happened to hugs for all?"|
I am on the look for another white shirt now - this one's been sweated through and the underarms have gone grey. I am hard on white shirts. Thank goodness I only paid $6.95 for this - I've worn it 15 times since I bought it here in June 2017, and I'll probably eke a few more wears out of it before it gets replaced.
How do I feel about being off for over a week?
|"Like you should let me in the hallway?"|
My pumped fist says, "YES!!"
As my jacket looks nearly solid gold in some of these pictures, here's a look at the gorgeous colour.
Outerwear - although stormy, it's still not really that cold out, so I could wear my sleeveless coat over this and not be too bulky.
|"Speaking of licking, your bag looks tasty."|
Accents of red and pink. A woman on the bus complimented me on my ensemble.
- Hat - vintage, thrifted, Vancouver
- Silk/cashmere pashmina - Portolano, thrifted
- Fingerless gloves - Parkhurst
That necklace is heavy!
- Necklace - D'Orlan, vintage 60s, thrifted
- Gold hoops - 5th anniversary gift from L
- Amber ring - c. 1996
As I was leaving to go in the morning, Vizzini was lounging on the "cuddle benches".
|"I would like you to stay home today."|
I really wanted to! But we'll have lots of cuddle time over the holidays, bud.
After a lovely evening of board games with L, we were up on Saturday to go to Floyd's Diner for brunch.
- Sweater - Nor, consignment; first worn here (4th outfit) for Thanksgiving at Mom's in October
- Sweater (underneath) - Sonia Rykiel, consignment; last worn here in October with lavender
- Skirt - H&M, thrifted; last seen here (5th outfit) in November for a shopping trip
- Shoes - Truth Makena, Fluevog; last worn here (3rd outfit) for theatre with Mom last weekend
- Coat (below) - Rodarte for Opening Ceremony, consignment; last seen here in October
Layers for warmth. I have on a half-slip under the unlined skirt.
The sweater is a lovely handknit piece. I'm pretty sure it came from Dots, which is the only place in town I've seen this brand.
Here's a better look at the skirt's pattern and texture.
Outerwear - fully bundled up for a walk to and from town.
- Purse - Steve Madden, consignment
- Fur boa - thrifted
- Studded leather gloves - Danier Leather
I was going to wear a hat but it was too windy. Besides, I wanted my hair to fluff up for the parties I went to that night.
- Belt - gift from Ruth
- Necklace - All Saints, gift from Dominique
- Earrings - Glee
- Hematite ring - thrifted
- Crystal ring - Soul Flower
My colleague Terry had a party starting early in the evening, and then our friends Nick and Karen had their annual holiday party later.
This is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style - go wish her some cheer!
- Dress - Part Two; first worn here (4th outfit) for theatre with Mom in November (with matchy hat!)
- Boots - LA Malibu, Fluevog; last seen here (3rd outfit) for L's birthday party in June 2017
- Coat (below) - Hilary Radley, thrifted; last worn here
I'd planned to wear another dress and set of accessories, but when I put them on for my pictures (which I did earlier in the day, before it got dark out), they didn't look right.
I love the bright colour of this dress, the fun fringe and that it's nice and comfy in the middle.
Another fist, this one with "F#@!"-itude!
here - I don't think I'll be dropping $999 on them any time soon, though!
Arrive like a rock star!
Outerwear - bundled up for the chilly wind.
- Faux fur scarf - swap from Vero
- Gloves - Parkhurst
I bought these here back in 2014, on sale for $399, and including this outfit, I have worn them 10 times:
- As noted, in June 2017 here (3rd outfit) for L's birthday;
- For Urbanite (here, 2nd outfit) in November 2015;
- In September 2015 for Vero's birthday, here;
- In March 2015 here (3rd outfit) with leather and fringe;
- In June 2013 here (4th outfit) for another one of L's birthday parties;
- Twice in one weekend here in April 2013 (2nd and 4th outfits);
- In April 2013 here (2nd outfit) with my lovely green satin dress (and I have blonde hair!);
- And I first wore them out here in Vancouver the weekend I bought them.
That's $39.99 per wear - cheaper than a new pair of boots. You can still see them here on the Fluevog site, including my original comment at the bottom!
- Bracelet - Swarovski, consignment - gift from L
- Swear rings - Wendy Brandes
- Crystal ring - Soul Flower
- Earrings - vintage fair
So, once I had chilled out for a while, watching football and had dinner, I redid my make-up and changed a small thing.
I felt super badass, as you can tell.
True confession outerwear - it was a blustery night!
Don't ever forget to be badass!
I'll be off for a few days, doing my holiday thang, as I expect y'all will also be doing.
Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas, Season's Greetings, and Happy Holidays, from me (and Vizzini) to you!
If compliments were currency, you'd be rich. It doesn't surprise me that you attract 'em in large quantity. Merry Christmas to you and the boy!ReplyDelete
I'd be poor! I get very few comments, actually! Merry Christmas to you, Ally!Delete
I love the extra change you made to that last outfit Sheila! It was beautiful on it's own but that lipstick really packs a punch and I can see why it got you so many admirers! :)ReplyDelete
Our celebrations kick off with Christmas eve family time traditions on the coast so I'll be taking a little blogging break for a few days but wanted to wish you merry Christmas!
The teal lipstick was a fun change-up! I'm glad I did it. Merry Christmas to you, hon!Delete
Your hair is looking fabulous, Sheila! xo Merry Christmas to you, L, and Vizzini. xoReplyDelete
Thanks, Christie! Great to see you, and hope you had a very Merry Christmas too!Delete
Love your brocade jacket worn with jeans. Perfect for the last day at the office. Mine was so busy, I don't even remember what I wore now ... Your necklace is stunning! So is the thorny skirt, especially as it has pockets! Your party outfit is fabulous. Those boots!! They are truly spectacular! Happy Holidays to you, L, and Vizzini. xxxReplyDelete
Thank you, Ann! It seems so long ago now. Happy Holidays to you and Jos!Delete
Happy merry! The teal lipstick made a perfect outfit even more perfect.ReplyDelete
Happy Merry back, Julia! Thank you! Teal for the win!Delete
Vizzini is a very weird cat - licking hem lines...ReplyDelete
Love your outfits. The red, pink and gold coat is just delicious and looks brilliant with simple jeans and white shirt. The shoes are fab and look so comfy and stylish and of course the sleeveless coat is one of my favourites.
Loved the skirt with pockets and sweater and the alien necklace - and what about the teal dress and those boots! Amazing. They will be collector's item's in the future.
The teal lipstick looked great!
Yes, he is rather strange, the oddest cat we've ever had.Delete
Thank you, Vronni! I know the boots will be collectors' items for sure! Thank you! Season's Greetings to you and yours!
Merry Christmas! You've been busy! Hope your time off is just as fun! XReplyDelete
I have indeed! Merry Christmas to you, Jess!Delete
That lipstick IS bad ass! Love the colour.ReplyDelete
All three outfits are beautiful but I really like the first one- you have made the coat the star of the outfit and it works wonderfull!
Vizzini is a sweetie if eccentric!
Wishing you a merry Christmas dear Sheila!
Thanks, Kezzie! Hope you had a Merry Christmas!Delete
Gimme punk every day! I had a belt like that! Yes for the 80s! Merry Christmas Sheila!ReplyDelete
I am so with you, Nancy! Hope you had a Merry Christmas too!Delete
More wonderful outfits, Sheila. Your festive season looks the opposite of us - we are in mid to high 30s (degrees Celsius) Wishing you both a merry Christmas and a wonderful break.ReplyDelete
Thank you, Alli! Wow, you must be Down Under! I hope you had a great Christmas yourself!Delete
Where to start...well, first off, that brocade coat looks smashing with the jeans. Next, I am crushing on your "punk vibe" outfit. I would happily wear that! OMG, those BOOTS! I don't think I've seen any that rival those for spectacular bad-assness.ReplyDelete
I have tried lipsticks in various shades of blue and green but as much as I love them, sadly, they always make me look somewhat corpse-like. The teal looks fantastic on you - I'm sooo jealous!!!
Hey, Shelley! Thank you so much for your awesome comments! I love these boots. The teal was a lucky one for me - I've tried other colours and they haven't looked right on me.Delete
Oh that first look with the brocade long jacket is such a treat to look at - its edgy and uncomplicated and superb!ReplyDelete
My dear She I hope you had THE BEST CHRISTMAS ever. Big hug.
Thank you, Lorena! Big hug to you, and a Merry Christmas!Delete