Work is so dead this week; a huge chunk of our staff are on vacation over the next few weeks. Less people means less work for me. It's kind of nice, though, as my work is usually insanely busy. I get to recharge a little bit.
This is my lovely black shirtdress, last seen here a couple of weeks ago with blue and birds.
- July 2010: At the time, this was my favourite outfit I'd ever created. Realizing I could layer things was mind-boggling! There's a picture of just the slip there so you can see what it looks like.
- October 2010: It was the perfect layer for my Mad Hatter Hallowe'en costume!
- February 2011: As a red layer under a brown lace dress for Valentine's Day.
- April 2011: A much-needed cover-up under my Smoking Lily wrap dress.
- July 2011: Under my cowgirl plaid dress - I loved that shirtdress.
- November 2011 (2nd outfit): Worn for warmth (and showing off by lifting the hem) with my awesome plaid dress.
- December 2011: Just the ruffled hem showed underneath this dress during the Invasion of Dress Week!
- August 2012: With a beige shirtdress - a very similar outfit to today's, but I turfed the dress. Such a bad colour on me.
- September 2012: Layered under a polka dot dress for Dress Week of Horrors!
- October 2012: As part of my Steampunk Vampire Killer costume (and scene of the crime of the Worst Hangover Ever).
here, for the August capsule Wild Card outfit. They were worn to a party then (I carried them to the party, and then put them on) and I noted then that they were a great party shoe...but I've only worn them 3 times total on the blog since I've had them (over 3 years). And they killed my heels and the bottoms of my feet today.
So, goodbye, sexy shoes! Off to the donate/swap pile you go!
Here's another picture of the jewelry, since my after-work picture-taking skills are blurry.
And because I know you can't get enough of my blurry pictures...
Anyway, the shoes. I ended up back in my socks and runners for most of the day, but as I have my WW meeting soon, I swapped over to these lovely Fluevogs:
here in July (2nd outfit) with a bunch of blue.
Dress (Talbot's, consignment), slip (Suzette Lingerie, vintage, consignment), shoes (Paolo Linea, consignment, and Presence Impulse, Fluevogs), belt (Club Monaco, thrifted), copper pin (thrifted), earrings (vintage, Renoir), cufflinks (thrifted).