Well, it has been another lovely long weekend! This one was much rainier, gloomier and colder overall but we still had fun.
The first thing we did was get up early on Thursday and get ready to go to Vancouver to see Tool! Tool is a metal prog-rock band - both L and I have been fans for ages. You can check out L's review of the show here at his blog.
- T-shirt - The Mountain, thrifted - first worn here (6th outfit) in October 2016 for a birthday visit at Mom's
- Long-sleeved shirt (underneath) - can't remember, thrifted; I wear this around the house, so I don't track it
- Camo pants - Gap, consignment; last seen here (4th outfit) in April with heeled runners
- Shoes - Dunlop, thrifted (were Lesley's); not tracked, as I wear these nearly daily
- Jacket (below) - Lazy Susan's; last seen here on Wednesday
Besides, I did wear a nice floral satin jacket. That totally counts for dressy. I got heavily rained on in this because it always rains in Vancouver!
- Cuff - vintage fair
- Earrings - local
I didn't take too many pictures of the trip, as I focused on having fun with our friends. Chris and Ali were generous enough to take L, Nick and I in their car with them, and we met up with Spence for the show. All six of us had a great time, just hanging out, road-tripping, and seeing the concert.
I haven't taken the Swartz Bay to Tsawassen ferry in years! I forgot how long it takes! However, it was fun to be on one of the big ferries again after nearly 10 years.
We were on the Spirit of British Columbia, one of the ginormous car ferries.
|Locals call this water "a good chop" - the ferry rocked a bit|
Several hours later (1 hr, 40 min sailing time, plus about 1 hr 30 min driving into Vancouver), we checked into all of our hotels, then chilled out in Nick's room until it was time for dinner before the concert.
L, Ali and Chris.
We walked past BC Place (on the right) to Rogers Arena, further ahead on the left, after we had dinner.
Among other concert-goers, walking there.
L and I walking back to our hotel along Robson Street.
I love these lit-up trees.
It was a little nicer coming home, but we missed the 10am ferry and had to wait for the next one.
Coming back through the Gulf Islands.
I went out on the decks to get some air - there were a lot of people out there.
We were sitting on the 3rd floor above the car decks, and there's another deck above that.
I don't usually buy concert tees, but I really liked this one.
Vizzini was very happy to see us.
|"Yawn...oh, are you home?"|
|"What is that movement?"|
|"I know I can catch that."|
|"Where did it go?"|
|"You taunt me with all these moving shapes, Woman!"|
|"I'm just going to give up."|
- Lame (lah-MAY) dress - vintage, thrifted; last seen here (2nd outfit) in July 2016 for another Ulti game
- Sandals - Born, consignment; last worn here (5th outfit) last weekend, for Ulti again!
I do love this dress, though.
- Belt - vintage 60s, Mom's
- Leather cuff (left) - thrifted
- Leather cuff (right) - Catalyst Reaction Leather, thrifted
- Earrings - 5th anniversary gift from L
We had a nap, then got ready for company.
|"What? I don't remember being consulted about this."|
Congrats to my brother Dave and his new fiancee Shelley! We took them out to dinner to celebrate their engagement.
Linking up to Patti's "Visible Monday" over at Not Dead Yet Style. Go, go, go! This week's theme is "Closet Favourites" and this dress and pair of shoes (and my jacket) certainly qualify. Nothing new here, all well-worn and loved (and previously loved, in the case of the dress).
- Dress - Etro, thrifted; last worn here in April with orange
- Shoes - Big Presence Desmond, Fluevog, Fluemarket; last seen here in May with faux lace
- Leather jacket (below) - Danier
It was cold and spitting rain - I was glad of my leather coat!
Yellow and blue bling:
- Cuff - thrifted
- Bakelite earrings - vintage fair
- Lapis lazuli ring/Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
Today, I went to town to get groceries. It's been a very social four days, so I needed some "me" downtime. That means, Sheila goes shopping!
- Coat - CABi, consignment; last worn here in February with all neutrals
- Sleeveless sweater - Gap, consignment; last seen here in April with matchy magenta
- Pants - Banana Republic, thrifted; last worn here in May with a cropped top
- Shoes - Michael Kors, thrifted; last seen here (4th outfit) in May, very casual
- Earrings - thrifted
The WIN (Women in Need) Boutique tends to have the "cream of the crop" of the donated thrift items in town. I found lots of good stuff today...and that's why I don't go there very often!
These pale blue pieces were too pretty to leave behind.
This pretty gold bracelet caught my eye.
here) noting that the bracelet was $76.00. I guess I got a good deal!
I found two of the same sweater, and while normally I never buy the same thing in different colours, I made an exception and bought them both.
I know this name - Tatyana (I have this dress by them) - and I know they are not cheap.
I bought it in green too. These are both classic "pin-up" shapes, and will be really useful in my closet all year round.
I laughed at this t-shirt.
This tee also has a bonus tree image on the back.
I waffled a bit on this coat. I don't really need more coats.
The buttons have blue scrolly designs on them.
Did mention the lining?
In the end, I bought it.
My old white shirt (this one) is getting worn out, stained, not looking as fresh - my white shirts usually don't last very long - so I had my eye out for a new one. I don't mind buying a new one every 6 months or so - I never pay much for 'em.
And for $6.95...
I loved this raspberry colour.
I'ts a Banana Republic piece.
It's not very old. I can tell by the tag down the side seam (all BR, J. Crew and Gap items have these).
I was super excited that this top fit.
I know this brand! I have another Dries Van Noten piece, this jacket which was also found in a thrift store.
The quality of the top is lovely.
I knew as soon as I saw this dress who it was by.
And 100% silk too!
Oh, and I found a pair of shoes. More flats!
Portia is the brand.
They were $22.95, and the model is called the "Betty".
Barely any wear on them! How lovely.
Vizzini, what do you think of all this?
|"I think you should feed me."|
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! No more vacation for me for a few months, so back to regular programming this week.