Hello, my friends! The long weekend is dwindling, and I have so much fun stuff to share, so let's get right to it.
First up: the Royal Wedding! I'm not going to go heavy into all the fashion or spectacle - I enjoyed it and liked the fashion. For a excellent round-up of the fashion, I recommend Go Fug Yourself's coverage (link here, because I love - I have been a fan of them for close to 10 years).
I stayed up all night for Charles' and Diana's wedding, and I watched Kate and Wills get married, so of course, I stayed up with two of my besties for it!
I stocked up on my British sodas. IRN BRU has been a favourite of mine since L and I went to Scotland in 1996. The Barr limeade and the Royalty Ginger Beer were delicious (I watered them down half and half with fizzy water to help cut the sweetness).
I made L move the microwave so I could get at my small colletion of good china and pieces from my childhood. I put out glasses for all of our beverages: crystal sherry glasses, vintage 70s green glass (used for the IRN BRU), champagne flutes for the prosecco, and china tea cups and saucers for the tea.
The violet set is one I used as a little girl at my Grandma J's house. I had another iridescent-finished tea cup set prior to this one, also with violets, but the cup broke (I still have the saucer, though). I think the other pieces are also Grandma J's.
I put out a bunch of fruit: fresh organic strawberries, green grapes, cubed watermelon.
Cat bought tiny tea cakes from Murchies, caramels, and Yvonne made crustless cucumber sandwiches.
Yvonne also brought an assortment of Walkers crisps.
Vizzini was very confused by us being up all night.
|"When is breakfast?"|
I managed to nap for an hour and a half in the early evening on Friday, but I never actually sleep when I nap - I just lie there and let my brain wander. I went to bed at 6:30am and got a whopping two hours of sleep before I got up and got ready for a game of Ultimate Frisbee. Woo, let's run around in the hot sun on two hours of sleep!
- Dress - Rachel Roy, thrifted; last seen here in August 2017 in the exact same outfit, right down to the accessories
- Shoes - Half Truth Veda, Fluevog; last worn here (4th outfit) for a shopping expedition in January
The pattern on the dress is little horned larks.
Got my contact in so that I can wear sunglasses to play.
Hands in pockets!
- Earrings - vintage furniture store
- Ring - local
I went to both the downtown WIN store and the WIN Boutique, looking for presents for L for his upcoming birthday, but didn't find much. I did find a few things for myself, though. Shocking!
I found another hematite necklace for my collection - this one is a shorter style, and was $3.95.
At the WIN Boutique, I found this cool double-wrap leather belt. I like the "hypno-buckle".
Sisley belts run up to $100+ for fancier designs.
I also found a really nice quality 100% merino wool sweater in a rich burgundy shade of red.
|"Colour me not impressed."|
Shopping out of season right now with this lovely jacket!
I think this is probably from the late 90s/early 00s.
|"I think I'm softer.You should give me a cuddle."|
I've had my eyes peeled for a sun hat for summer. All this hair I have now - I have to cover it up or it fades like crazy.
I was enamoured with this lovely blue sun hat too. It's malleable, so you can play with the shape and the brim.
This one's by Bianca Nygard, and was only $7.95.
Especially since it has an added bonus feature!
I came home and napped (lay there with my brain humming away still, thinking about my new-to-me purchases) for two hours, then I dressed for Winesday!
- Sweater - C. Wonder, thrifted; last seen here in April with whites
- Skirt - VanessaVirginia, thrifted; first worn here fully winterized in December 2017
- Shoes - Tsubo, thrifted; first seen here (3rd outfit, past all the closet swap-over stuff) in April with JPG sailor jeans
- Jacket - Dolce & Gabbana, thrifted; last worn here in April over Helmut Lang for The Beaches concert
Yup, that's a tired face!
- Dragon bangle - Lazy Susan's
- Earrings - local
- Lapis lazuli ring/Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
On Sunday, L was a dear and let me sleep until I naturally woke up - it was 2pm by the time I blinked awake (Vizzini was snuggled up with me). We lolled around the house for a few hours, then strolled to town to join friends for Andrew's 50th birthday celebration.
Here is one of my very first party outfits ever featured on the blog, from May 2008. I don't have anything left in my wardrobe from that outfit.
- Berries and lilies dress - no label, vintage 70s, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) in March 2016 to Urbanite at the Art Gallery
- Sandals - Dr. Scholls, thrifted; last seen here in April with black and red leather
- Fur jacket (below) - Bebe, vintage store; last worn here (3rd outfit) in December 2017 for my company Christmas party
This is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style. I was slightly visible in this outfit, as we walked to town and back.
The cut is impeccable. I feel like million bucks when I wear this dress.
Oh, yeah, I am.
Such gorgeous and unexpected colours.
It was windy out, and I was really glad I'd decided to wear both long sleeves and this little furry jacket.
We walked to town and back and I was snuggly warm.
And L dressed up too, of course. We arrived early, so grabbed a quick drink - the bartender commented on how we were dressed. Why not dress up?
- Earrings - vintage furniture store
- Turquoise ring - local
- Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
Oops, forgot my purse.
We got home at a respectable hour, so stayed up and played boardgames. This morning, we were up early for a walk to town for breakfast at Floyd's, followed by a quick grocery shop.
- Dress - H&M, thrifted; last worn here (3rd outfit) in September 2017 with these same boots
- Boots - Matisse, consignment; last seen here (2nd) outfit with a vintage circle skirt in April
It's slightly overcast but warm enough not to need a jacket.
- Belt - thrifted
- Green crystal ring - consignment
- Amber ring - c. 1996
- Earrings - vintage fair
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I need another one to recover!