Well, this is it, my vacation is nearly over! Where did the time go, and can I please have another week (or three?) off?
Casting out minds back, this is Thursday night's dinner out with L - we walked down to the Fernwood Village and had charcuterie at Stage, a wonderful little restaurant.
This is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style - get yourself over there!
- Dress - Betsey Johnson, vintage 90s, thrifted; purchased here for $24.99
- Shoes - Effortless Bebe, Fluevog; last seen here in a pink party outfit last weekend
- Jacket (below) - Burberry, consignment, Vancouver; last worn here (2nd outfit) in April
This was a lovely and comfy dress to wear.
Jacketed up for the chilly evening.
Elle of The Elle Diaries recently posted about the "Round Bag Trend" (post here) - this is a dark olive green printed leather/suede vintage bag that I picked up a few years ago. I'm so on-trend, ha ha!
- Amethyst/gold ring - Frances Jewelers, c. 1965, Dad's
- Amber ring - c. 1996
- Earrings - Mom's
Here is L's outfit - it's actually the same thing he wore out on the town earlier that day, with a new-to-him coat found a few days earlier at Rich Rags.
On Friday, we celebrated L's birthday (end of Birthday Week!) with our annual Day of Indolence.
here for last year's Day of Indolence adventures.
- Jacket - Vero Moda, thrifted; first worn here with sticky velvet for Jeans Week in May
- Sweater - Bellessa, thrifted; first worn here with aqua and floral in April
- Jeans - Levi Strauss commuter jeans, thrifted; last seen here for Jeans Week in May
- Shoes - Matisse; last worn here (2nd outfit) in April for a shopping trip
It was grey and chilly with some rain - not nice and warm and sunny like last year, unfortunately!
Overall, I liked this outfit, but I was cold by the time we walked home.
My indolent face.
- Earrings - 5th anniversary gift from L
- Ring - Frances Jewelers, c. 1965, Dad's
L's indolent outfit. His "rock star" jacket is over 10 years old.
|The "Jesus" pose - L does this in most photos, based on all the Renaissance paintings we saw in Italy where Jesus makes this pose!|
Funky Fluevogs, jeans, a Monty's Pub tee (gift from Cat/Ross a few years ago - Monty's was a stripper bar), and the Etro shirt we found at Flavour Upstairs the other day. Stylin'!
The gang on our way to Spinnakers Pub. We started at Floyd's Diner for breakfast, followed by a stop in at the Yates St. Taphouse (Caro joined us briefly), then to the Garrick's Head (where Cat joined us), to Lure, to Spinnakers...and then finally home at about 7pm. It was a long day!
Cat, me and Yvonne.
|Photo by Randall|
See? Shake it, baby!
|Photo by Yvonne|
Me and Cat.
|Photo by Yvonne|
Some random shots of my day.
A shot across the harbour, from Lure.
A new dock has sprung up along the Songhees Walkway.
Looking across the harbour at the cruise ship docks.
|L looks on|
Disassembly of the old blue bridge.
On Saturday, we didn't have enough people to play Ultimate Frisbee (even though my back is feeling better, I was relieved not to play for another week), so L and I went to Shine for brunch.
- Jacket - Helmut Lang, thrifted; last worn here in a drapey outfit in April
- Velvet tank - American Eagle Outfitters, consignment; first worn here in May with the above velvet jacket
- Skirt - Ricki's, consignment; last seen here in January with bad tights
- Shoes - Ecco, thrifted, Vancouver; last worn here in July 2017 in a mermaid-inspired outfit
Those items are both gone/removed from my regular wardrobe. Can you guess which ones they were?
I love the jacket - no chance of that leaving - and I still like the deep green of the skirt (plus, floaty!).
- Earrings - Mom's
First wearing of these lovely and light earrings from Mom!
From Shine, I walked down to My Sister's Closet for a look around. They have 50% off on yellow tags right now - hurray!
It's by Banana Republic, and was $6.50 with the 50% off.
You know I won't hesitate to shop out of season for cool pieces!
I recognize this brand - Nor of Denmark - as being one that Dots carries.
This is a crushed velvet black mock-neck.
The brand is Mantles, which was the Bay (now known as the Hudson's Bay) in-house brand back in the 90s and 00s.
Okay, I have to stop buying long cardigans now! I have blue, rust and now "linden". Let's call this green, shall we?
It is by Joseph A, and was new with tags on.
And there you go, my friends! I'll be back to my daily posting schedule as of tomorrow - I'm mentally girding my loins for going back to work, but trying not to think about it too much! Wishing you all a lovely week ahead!