Are you ready?
Shoe Shine is on!
For this Shoe Shine, I'm featuring one of my sentimental favourites: my Poetic Licence teal/orange/cream sandals.
Well, I bought them in London in May 2010, on Carnaby Street, with Mom and L. I first wore them here when I got home. There are pictures of Shakespeare's Globe Theatre in that post (we saw Macbeth - it was gruesomely awesome!).
They are also the Miami Dolphins' team colours (L's favourite team; my second-favourite). I even wore them for his 40th birthday party, where everyone had to wear orange, aqua and white (here, in June 2010).
So there's that. And now that I am an old bag of 46-going-on-47, they are getting to be too high for me to comfortably wear.
But I keep them...
here, as a matter of fact), so for now, they stay in my closet. One day, when I do give them up, I'll have these pictures to remember them by.
Do you keep any shoes for sentimental reasons? Show us the shoes that you love!
Want to play? It's super-easy. Anyone can join.
- Anyone can join. Write a post featuring a fabulous pair of footwear!
- Include a link to Ephemera somewhere in your post (it's only polite). Leave a comment here if you like (note that comments continue to be moderated.
- Go to the bottom of this post and click on the InLinks "Add Your Link" button to open a new page.
- In the "Next Step," you crop the picture you want to display, and voila!
- Show your Shoe Shine spirit by grabbing and displaying the button in the sidebar.