Okay, this might sound weird, but my wardrobe has stymied me! It's just too much, and feels so overwhelming. I need some "play time" in there to try stuff on and see what works this year for me. I have participated in wardrobe challenges in the past to spur my creativity, but those can also be a lot of work, and can feel like a chore over time.
So, what do you do when you're stuck for an outfit?
- Dress - Phoebe Couture, thrifted; last worn here in November 2018
- Shoes - Ioni Poser, Fluevog; first seen here in June with PANK
- Leather jacket (below) - Burberry, consignment; last worn here in April
I've always referred to two-in-one garments as "cheaters" - I would prefer just the skirt, but like most dresses, it's "one and done", baby.
I like that the embroidered pattern on the "belt" goes all the way around. Picture of it here.
The round shapes of the necklace echo the rounded pockets.
here. Did you notice that the little purple divots in the embroidery look just like the vamp on my shoes?
I wore this wonderful metallic shimmering bronze patent leather jacket with this dress the first time I wore it. Had to do it again.
None of them are this good, though. I feel like a superhero in it.
- Gloves - Danier Leather
- Necklace - vintage 1984, gift from Mom & Dad
- Earrings - vintage 70s, Mom's
- Chain bracelet - thrifted
- Amber ring - c.1996
- Gold/amethyst ring - Francis Jewelers, c. 1965, Dad's
I think Mom and Dad bought me this necklace as a birthday? Christmas? present around the same time. I was very experimental with fashion in high school, and wore this set with a gold chain belt (which I still have, although I altered it back in the day), which was also liberated from Mom.