Hello, my friends! I hope you've been having a marvelous weekend! I definitely have, and let's get to it, shall we? They don't call this "bigass" for nothing!
Here's Friday's work and play outfit. I had a super-busy day at work, followed by dinner and theatre.
This is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style - she's all about minimalism this week, but I am more of a maximalist. That's cool - it takes all kinds!
- Top - Topsy Turvey USA, thrifted; last seen here (3rd outfit) in December 2018 under a denim dress
- Dress - Dolce & Gabbana, vintage 90s, thrifted; last worn here in February on a snow day
- Shoes - Big Presence Earhart, Fluevog; last seen here in March with spring neon
- Fur bolero (below) - Bebe, consignment; last worn here in May 2018 when I was Princess Jelly-deer
Cat and I took our moms to see the Broadway production of "Jersey Boys" on Friday night, and did dinner beforehand. We had a great time: the views, the food, the company, the show! I was shocked to realize I knew all of the songs. Happy Birthday, Mom!
I'm glad I retrieved this lovely woolly tube dress from the giveaway pile. It's just too beautiful.
I love the lingerie straps (fully-adjustable).
I had to wear my blue fur bolero with this - I was glad of it after the show, as it was chilly out.
All the green and gold bling:
- Green glass stone and chain necklace - Mom's, vintage 60s
- Gold chain - Grandma J's, vintage 80s
- Gold-tone necklace - Givinchy, vintage 80s, vintage fair
- Earrings - thrifted - first wearing
- Chain bracelet - thrifted
- Circle bracelet - Butler Fifth Avenue Collection, consignment
- Jade/bronze ring - Mom's, vintage 70s
- Silver/aventurine ring - consignment
On Saturday, we were one Ulti teammate short, so L and I went for breakfast then bought goodies for our party.
- Sweater - Lord & Taylor, thrifted; purchased here for $6.95
- Pants - H&M, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) in March for Book Club
- Shoes - Down to Earth Hadfield, Fluevog; last seen here in February with space pants
It was lovely and sunny - such a nice day to be out and about.
I do like the shape and fit of it - it's oversized in the body, lower in the back, but snug in the arms.
- Scarf - Ralph Lauren, consignment
- Earrings - vintage fair
L's birthday is tomorrow, and we threw his party on Saturday night. We had close to 30 people, with oodles of libations and food, dancing and good times. We shut 'er down at 3:30am.
Now - let's see how well you guys know me. I had some time in the afternoon before the party, so I "test drove" my outfit options for the night to help me decide what to wear. I took pictures of all three outfits. I'll reveal the answer after these three pictures.
Will it be...
Coral Red Disco?
- Dress - BCBG Max Azria, thrifted; purchased here for $39.99
Lame (Lah-MAY!) and Leather?
- Tunic - Stephen Burrows, vintage 70s, gift from Wendy Brandes; received here
- Leather pants - Classique Entier, vintage 80s, thrifted; first worn here in April with dots
- Boots - London; last seen here in March with plaid and green
- Jumpsuit - Second Round, vintage 70s, gift from Wendy Brandes - received here
- Shoes - Chie Mihara; last worn here in May with teal and plaid
Let's pause for a moment to contemplate. What did I wear, Vizzini?
|"Something stupid, no doubt."|
Sunny kitty doesn't care. He hid for most of the party, then came out late to hoover up all the crumbs.
Answer: I wore all of them!
I started with the coral red outfit and wore it from 8pm (when the first guest arrived) to 10pm, when the party was in full swing.
The one shoulder and the very thin fabric (the dress is fully-lined) means that everything shows. I did some strategic adjustments to my strapless bra by adding a single strap and then a connector from the other boob to my shoulder. Nice and secure!
I also realized that I had to make sure I adjusted the bottom half lining better.
I had initially thought it would be too hot to wear this outfit - we are pretty much done with "leather weather" and it was a warm day. Our condo gets the sun until it sets, which is nice unless you have 30 people in your house sweating!
I also added the same gold belt from the first outfit, roping it around the top of the high-waisted leather pants, with the fob hanging out on the tunic's slit. I kept the snake necklace on from the first look, but took the claw cuff off.
I unleashed my hair and shook it out, very Debbie Harry!
At midnight, I changed into the jumpsuit! The leather pants are badass but hard to sit in, and I wanted to do some dancing!
|"Wait, people are coming over?"|
Unzipping the front of it and showing some cleavage (French accent!) was key to this being a sexy 70s party look. I changed to a push-up bra for this.
I ended up kicking off the shoes around 2am.
|"I am so going to ambush the cured meats."|
We kept a very close eye on the party food. He's been known to run off with a chunk of salmon or a piece of pepperoni.
This jumpsuit was so much fun to wear.
|"I should be in this picture."|
My friends were delighted with each outfit change. I had all these great potential outfits, and it'll take me forever to wear them for 3 separate occasions. Why not wear them all in one night?
Life is short! Wear them all!
|"No food, no petting."|
I had a blast getting my creative on for the evening.
The all-gold bling:
here, go check out this amazing woman, she is just lovely) who shares my fondness for snake jewelry and showed her snake necklace here. I thought I would try my belt as a necklace after seeing hers, and I loved it that way. Thank goodness for our circle of bloggers! So inspiring!
- Snake belt/necklace - vintage expo
- Snake bracelet - Whiting & Davis, vintage 70s, vintage fair
- Earrings - vintage fair
- Ring - c. 1997
- Belt - thrifted
For the final outfit, I changed up the shoes to these "flat-forms".
This gold and white belt is one of Mom's.
Today, L and I slept in, and then I went to town to get groceries, and to do some shopping for L's birthday gifts.
- Dress - Michael Kors, consignment; last seen here in October 2018, purchased and worn in the same weekend for a trip to Vancouver
- Shoes - Softmocs, thrifted; purchased here for $19.95
It started out very sunny and warm, then turned windy.
I love "jammy" dresses like this one for chill weekends.
- Gold hoops - 5th anniversary gift from L
I found this fabulous navy and hot pink bomber jacket at the Patch.
I don't know this brand: Le Tigre.
These striped pants caught my eye.
I was a bit dubious about them being pull-on. However, they looked great on. All is forgiven when clothing looks great.
These were $24.95, and are new with tags on!
I fell hard for this glorious riot of colour.
This skirt is by Talbots and is another "new with tags" find.
At the WIN store, I was happy to see that a scarf I'd eyed last time I was there...was still there.
Look at that face! Big kitty!
I gasped when I saw this cobalt blue leather bag. Danier!
It's beautifully made - it's all leather. Danier's bags run about $200 new. This one has pebbled leather and originally had a matching tassel in blue leather on the side.
Little lettered buttons in the leather strap at the top of the chain.
Lots of room in there! All leather trim on everything.
And then I came home and found Vizzini snoozing.
|"More of this? Really?"|
He's been loving the warm weather.
|"Okay, just a few scritches."|