Hello, my friends! My birthday is next week, so the Bigass Weekend Wrap-Up officially kicks off Birthday Week, and this weekend that included my birthday party that I throw for myself every year.
An easy outfit for a busy Friday.
This is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style. Go!
- Sweater - Lord & Taylor, thrifted; first seen here (2nd outfit) in June with silver pants
- Skirt - Simon Chang, vintage 80s, thrifted; last worn here in February with bad red booties
- Shoes - Truths Pilgrim, Fluevog; last seen here in February with yellow and florals
- Sleeveless coat (below) - Only, thrifted; last worn here in April
This sweater is 100% merino wool - it was perfect for early fall.
It's longer in the back than the front.
The weekend is here!
This sleeveless coat is awesome for the "shoulder" seasons.
- Necklace - vintage 80s, vintage expo
- Cuff - Whiting & Davis, vintage 70s, vintage fair
- Earrings - thrifted
L and I had dinner out after work, then spent the evening chilling out from a stressful week by playing board games and listening to music. My favourite kind of evening!
On Saturday, we were up early for breakfast at the Ruby. I went thrift shopping after, and picked up some extra goodies on the way home for the party that night.
- Sweater - Banana Republic, thrifted; last seen here (3rd outfit) in January over sparkle leopard
- Skirt - Dolce & Gabbana, thrifted; last worn here in February with green bookends
- Shoes - Truths Makena, Fluevog; last seen here on our March anniversary adventure in Vancouver
- Leather coat (below) - Danier Leather; last worn here in April
This sweater falls into the weekend category most of the time. It has lovely knitted detail, and is a medium thickness. I have a cami underneath.
It's grey wool tweed, lined in silk and trimmed in Persian lamb.
I am a gal who plans ahead.
I do like colourful outerwear.
I tucked my silk scarf into my bag, along with the gloves, for easier shopping.
- Scarf - fake Louis (Lewis!) Vuitton, thrifted
- Leather/wool gloves - vintage, thrifted
- Earrings - Glee
I went to Flavour Upstairs first.
I like this bright red snakeskin belt by Emmanuel. It was made in Canada.
I really like this fun multi-colored floral necklace.
I really like this browny-burgundy coloured skirt. It's not quite pleated and has a lot of movement.
It has a slit at the side front.
It's by Club Monaco, and what a score for $17.99!
I am a sucker for plaids - this red one reminds me of the early 90s quite a lot.
It's by Luisa Spagnoli, and was $14.99.
I also found this wonderful plaid shirt that fits me perfectly.
It was $17.99.
I loved this magnificent shirt.
It's a double-knit nylon, by Lansea for Pant-Man. What a fun label - I love the little red "kiss-print" on the "Man".
We have a couple of clues as to the age of this shirt, aside from that groovy label: one is the sizing, which is pre-Great Size Shift of the late 80s. This 12 is equivalent to a modern size 8.
I felt this shirt/jacket and gasped. The fabric is amazing.
Remember when we were all into the contrasting backside of the fabric?
Ooh, nice detail on the back shoulder.
My eyes opened wider when I saw the label.
The period of the late 90s/early 00s is when Oscar de la Renta was in charge of the House of Balmain. I like knowing that.
It does up with a series of hook slides up the front. Very 90s.
It's a snug fit - it looks good worn open.
From Flavour Upstairs, I went to the WIN store on Pandora, and spent about an hour poking around.
The back is silvery-white and the outer layer is orange-copper.
I found a great basic piece, this cream turtleneck sweater.
It's by Wanko, and was $7.95.
This sweater is a wool/acrylic blend, which means it will wash well, even though the label says it's dry clean only. I will risk it!
Tired from my shopping, I had a nap before getting ready for our guests. We had about 20 of our friends over for a night of chatting, dancing and eating and drinking. It was a blast!
I wore this lovely dress that I picked up a few months ago.
- Dress - Simon Chang, consignment; purchased here for $31.50
- Shoes - Sol Sana; last worn here in August with a clash of patterns
The dress is bias-cut so it has lots of room for dancing (and eating chocolate!).
Oops, one of the rear straps is trapped on my bra strap.
Comfy platforms for standing around and dancing. I lasted till about 2am in these.
- Fascinator - Heart's Content
- Necklace - Renoir, vintage 60s, vintage fair
- Acrylic cuff - thrifted
- Studded cuff - Alexis Bittar, consignment, Vancouver
- Onyx/silver ring - Tocara, vintage fair
- Crystal/silver ring - Soul Flower
- Earrings - thrifted
My friends were so generous!
Petra's husband took the picture on the card.
I am wearing the toque now, while I create this post.
Vizzini came out late in the party and was lurking around the party food. I think he stole a cracker.
|"Lies! I was merely inspecting for quality."|
He's grumpy because we've brought his post in off the deck for the season.
|"I can't even look at you. I should be out there!"|
I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend! Thanks for coming by!