Hello! My friends! Where did that weekend go? The days have just gone by way too fast!
Linking up to "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style!
- Dress - Marjorie Hamilton, vintage 60s, thrifted; first worn here (3rd outfit) in May with different pink shoes
- Shoes - Arnold Churgin, thrifted; purchased here for $22.99
- Lace duster (below) - Lysse; last worn here several times in Hamilton in early July
Barely anyone in the office - we are into vacation season - but everyone there saw me coming.
My colleagues were boggled that this is as old as me - over 50 years on this planet.
I can't say the same about me!
Covered up for the sun - we've had a hot and sunny (and windy - it's always windy here) weekend, with temps in the mid-to-high 20s.
- Turquoise/silver ring - local
- Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
- Earrings - vintage fair
On Saturday, we had our Ultimate Frisbee game - it was very windy!
- Dress - Mary Jo Bruno, consignment; last worn here in June 2018
- Shoes - Born, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) last weekend post-Ulti again
I wore it to work last year, and then washed it and stored it away. It washed fine (phew!), apparently!
I like the long sleeves for sun coverage. And it's such a great colour.
Why are they so hard to find?
- Belt - thrifted, Powell River
- Sunglasses - the Patch
- Top bracelet - Butler Fifth Avenue Collection, consignment
- Chain bracelet - thrifted
- Gold hoops - 5th anniversary gift from L
Not even time for a nap after we got home - must shower and get ready to go to Ross' 50th birthday bash!
- Vest - vintage 70s, thrifted c. 1998; modeled once here for my "What the Hell? Never Seen Closet Archives series that I did in 2010 (link here to the full series, and a walk down Memory Lane!)
- Sweater - Twik, thrifted; first worn here (3rd outfit) a couple of weeks ago to Winesday
- Trousers - Lady Dutch, thrifted; last seen here earlier this month with green Miu Miu
- Shoes - Wonders, consignment; purchased here for $22.50
Since I knew that the vest would be the star of the outfit, I picked simple items to go with it.
Not that anyone noticed that - all you see is the vest!
I've worn it twice - once to two weddings in one day (really!), and once to a local wine festival - but both of those events were 18-20 years ago. I'd put this vest into the giveaway pile about a year ago, and my Winesday women convinced me to haul it back out and wear it.
Instead of a short skirt, I did my khaki harem trousers.
L and I walked to town (and home, much later) - the vest billowed out behind me in the wind!
|"What on earth are you wearing, Woman?"|
It's very dramatic.
|"I can't be associated with these shenanigans."|
- Leather purse - Club Monaco, thrifted
- Snake bracelet - Whiting & Davis, vintage 70s, vintage fair
- Leather/gold cuff and necklace - Ambush, consignment, gifts from L
- Amber ring - c. 1996
- Silver/onyx ring - Tocara, vintage fair
- Gold hoops - 5th anniversary gift from L
It was a late night, but poor L has come down with something (not a hangover) and has been in bed sick all day.
|Hoping I don't get it!|
I dashed to town to do the grocery shopping...and another expedition...
- Dress - D'Allairds, vintage 60s, thrifted; last worn here (3rd outfit) in September 2018
- Shoes - Born, consignment; last worn twice this weekend!
I have decided that I'm done with this dress.
I have so many other dresses, and this one has had its time.
Another man muttered, "That's ridiculous," as I left the grocery store.
- Hat - thrifted
- Earrings - Aldo Accessories
L gave me $100 the other day, so I popped into Fluevog and bought myself a pair of shoes that I've been lusting after since they came out. I know, it's Slow Fashion Season - I shouldn't be buying new things - but Fluevogs are slow fashion! They are ethically and environmentally made by people who make a living wage, not in sweatshops.
These are the Tudor Prysten (link here, 'cause I love!), and they are two different brocade fabrics.
L and I had planned to go down to the store together, as he had a birthday gift card from me to spend, but he was/is still in bed.
|"Be Bold, Be Strong."|
But I knew which shoes he wanted: the same ones!
We've been out a lot this weekend, and now I need to chill out a bit before another work week is upon us.
|"This is how I do it."|
You have the right idea, buddy.
Aw, that face. He has 3 white eyebrows on one side, and none on the other right now.
|"Camera out of my face, Woman! It's nap time."|
It sure is!
Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogosphere, my friends. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!