Happy Weekend, my friends, I hope you've had a good one. This felt very short - two days is not enough!
Here's Friday's outfit. I dressed to take down the Christmas tree and the office decorations.
- Top - Maison Scotch, thrifted; purchased here for FREE
- Skirt - Lord & Taylor; last seen here in October 2017 with velvet and dragons
- Shoes - Wonders Ayers, Fluevog; last worn here in November 2017 with vintage 90s velvet
- Coat (below) - Vassali, consignment; last seen here in December 2017
Let's start with the top. I like the concept of the contrast of the sparkly sequined collar with the khaki uniform style of the rest of it.
And you have to have short hair or wear your hair up to avoid the sequins snagging. I had to redo my twist about 3 times over the day. Considering that it was free (on a buy-one-get one-free promo), I'm totally fine with letting it go. Best cost-per-wear ever!
here for $26.70). I dubbed it then the "Perfect Leopard Pencil Skirt" but of course, perceptions of perfection vary over time. I wore it five times, so just over $5.00 per wear, which I'm totally fine with.
You know when I stop loving a piece that it's not long for the giveaway pile.
|"Are there any peanut butter cookies in here?"|
I still liked the outfit overall.
Vizzini, what do you think?
|"Your earring looks like candy."|
Ouch, you little monster!
Outerwear - it was gloomy but not too cold, so a lighter coat was fine. I went out at lunch with no coat at all - it had gotten sunny.
- Faux fur scarf - swap, from Vero
- Gloves - Parkhurst
- Earrings - thrifted
- Ring - Soul Flower
I found Vizzini out on his post on Saturday morning.
|"Can I help you, Woman?"|
Nope, just coming for a pat.
He's been strongly hinting that we should open the deck doors, but we're months away from that.
|"It was worth a shot."|
He's been very grouchy with us since we went back to work.
Instead of our usual brunch on Saturday, I met up with Mom, my friend Cat and her mom, Marg (hello!), for a mom/daughter lunch and theatre date.
This is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style - let's start 2019 by being visible!
- Dress - Missy House of Canada, vintage 60s, thrifted; first worn here (4th outfit) in December 2016 with gold accessories
- Shoes - Big Presence Desmond, Fluevog; last seen here with festive Florentine in December 2017
- Coat (below) - Forever 21, thrifted; last worn here in November 2017
We went to see a production of "The King and I" at the Royal Theatre (local review here).
I accessorized with copper on this wearing, going with the Thai/Siam theme.
This was comfy for sitting for the nearly 3 hour production - it was amazing! The singing was fantastic, even though the story itself is also "of its time."
Bundled up - my cropped faux fur leopard was just right, temperature-wise.
|Mom looking fabulous in her black wool coat - I bought her the red purse!|
I love the long leather gloves with the cropped sleeves of the coat.
- Silk velvet fringed scarf - thrifted
- Leather gloves - Club Monaco, consignment
- Mesh cuff/bracelet - Renoir, vintage 60s, vintage fair
- Earrings - vintage expo
- Ball necklace and cuff - vintage 70s, vintage fair
- Belt - Renoir, vintage 60s - vintage fair
- Purse - Plum
Merry Christmas, Mom!
Queens of the theatre!