Finally got around to wearing this lovely cerulean blue dress today! Isn't it a beauty?
- Dress - Liz Claiborne, vintage late 80s, thrifted; purchased here for $18.75
- Shoes - Big Presence Desmond, Fluevog; last seen here (2nd outfit) in January with royal purple for a double-mom-daughter date for the theatre
- Coat (below) - Apparence, vintage, thrifted; last worn here for New Year's Eve December 2018
Maybe Diane Prince? I could totally hide a sword down my back in this fabulous silk dress.
|"Who are you talking to, Woman? Are you blathering about your clothes again?"|
Such a gorgeous cut (not "cat", Vizzini!) - it pulls on over the head, and that wrap top did not budge at all. I noted anew the tacked stitches where the shoulder pads used to be. I wore a full vintage slip under this.
The dress is unlined silk, and it has a "swoosh" pattern woven into it for textural interest (close-up here). It also has an elasticated waist that doesn't quite match where my actual waist is, so a large belt was required to cover it.
|"I require your attention!"|
The waist has thin belt loops on the side, and one at the front where the faux wrap ends, so I suspect its original belt was a sash, meant to be tied there.
|"I'm fit to be tied if you don't stop yakking."|
As you can see, it's got pockets! What a lovely surprise.
Outerwear - due to the large dolman sleeves* I can't shove my arms into a regularly-cut coat for fear of sweating on the silk, so I wore the Unsafe Polar Bear, which also has sort-of dolman sleeves. Well, maybe not, but they are wider than most of my coats.
*Dolman sleeves are very wide at the armhole and tight in the wrist, often cut in one piece with the bodice, according to the interwebz (but I knew it already).
|"You lost me at dolman. What's in the hallway?"|
I was overly warm in this, but I could easily adjust my furnace by removing gloves or scarf.
- Pashmina - Portolano, thrifted
- Leather gloves - consignment
- Belt - Christian Dior, vintage fair
- Torc - vintage fair
- Bracelet - Lia Sophia, thrifted
- Earrings - Biko, consignment
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
And now, my friends, off to watch some Project Runway All Stars and chill out! I will be back on the weekend with tales of adventure.