Today's post is a "two-fer" as in you get two for one. First, what I wore to my regular work.
- Coat - Paparazzi, thrifted, Vancouver; last worn here in April with pink and white
- Sweater - Judith & Charles, consignment; last seen here in November with all the necklaces
- Skirt - Oui Set, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) in October for a weekend shopping expedition
- Boots - Ishshoes Chatterbox, Fluevog; last seen here (4th outfit) for Winesday in September
- Unsafe Polar Bear coat (below) - Apparence, thrifted; last worn here on Monday
This fully-embroidered jacket always elicits gasps of admiration. Note how the pattern is lined up to mirror each side.
Womp womp, the sweater is the boring item.
Oh, that coat!
Outerwear - the Unsafe Polar Bear!
- Fur scarf - Danier Leather, thrifted
- Fur scarf - thrifted
- Gloves - Parkhurst
- Earrings - Tania Gleave, Vancouver
- Sodalite/silver ring - Scotland, 1996
- Lapis lazuli ring/Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
The second outfit in your two-fer! I'm being picked up at 6pm to go to my WW annual Christmas dinner, hence my brevity. I am a woman of few words, when I'm in a hurry.
|"And I am cat with few foods!"|
His bowl and food were soaking in the sink while I did my pictures. Cranky kitty.
- Dress - Ichi; last worn here in August with cream accessories
- Boots - Prepare Guide, Fluevog; last seen here (4th outfit) in October for Thanksgiving at my mom's
- Coat (below) - Forever 21, thrifted; last worn here in November
This lovely pink velvet dress is stretchy, comfy and the perfect easy piece for a dinner with a bunch of my coworkers that I seldom see.
|"How about you feed me now, Woman?"|
I opted for grey accessories this time. In addition to the cream pieces I wore with it in the summer, I've done copper and burgundy with this dress. Ah, the versatility of a simple dress!
|"If we could stop blathering about YOU, and talk about ME..."|
My tights have a geometric pattern on them, and blend right into my wooly boots.
Outerwear - I won't be outside much, just in Betty's car and walking to/from the restaurant, so I don't need a heavy or super-warm coat.
|"I'm just going to lick my bum until you feed me."|
The Grape Ape coat makes an appearance! Faux fur is snuggly warm.
- Purse - Accessorize
- Belt - BCBG Max Azria, thrifted
- Chain bracelet - thrifted
- All beaded items are hematite and were thrifted or found at vintage fairs, except for...
- Earrings - gift from Mom
- Graduated necklace - Mom's, bought in Alaska in 1997
In case you wondered how long it takes me to write a post - the actual writing of this one took 15 minutes. Pictures take about 10 minutes in the morning (the "stuff" pics are done when I get home at night), although of course, I took the pink dress and stuff pics tonight (10 minutes). I don't take a lot of pictures, so what you see is usually all I took!
The longest part of my posts is looking up the "last seen/worn here", especially if it's a common brand or I haven't worn it for a while. Generally, it'll be 20 minutes or more to do that, because I like to leisurely browse through those posts sometimes.
Bigass Weekend posts take longer...because they have more outfits, and I have to do my shopping finds' research. They are often 2+ hours to do.
And...it's 5:53pm, and time to go!