I don't think I could pick a favourite colour, but this yellow is darned close.Megan skirt. After I found it cheapy at a consignment store, I bought her one at the store it was originally sold at (they had a bunch of small sizes on the clearance rack). Now we're twins!
That's my olive sweater, last seen here (last outfit).
The cream cowl-neck sweater is new-to-me. It was marked at $20 but I got it free with my trade-in credit (I still have over $150 credit with Annie). It's a 50/50 wool and poly blend, which I like because it's not as itchy as 100% wool, and it will hold its shape when I wash it. There was also a very pale pinky-beige one and a black one, but I needed a cream layering piece for the cold weather. I loathe the choking feeling of turtlenecks, so this is a good compromise. I also really like the slight bell to the sleeve. Club Monaco, again. Such nice quality.
The shoes were actually an afterthought. I was going to go with black and then thought, "Why not?"
pretty freakin' fabulous. They were actually pretty good all day - I ran up and down the stairs between floors at least 10-12 times today and the rubber grip was very sturdy. I did use the handrails, though.
Cardigan (Kersh, consignment), sweater (Club Monaco, consignment), skirt (BB Dakota, consignment), belt (Gap), shoes (Guess), necklace (Club Monaco), cuff (Aldo Accessories).
In other news, I got tagged by Ki by one of those "spread the love" thingies. And Megan tagged "everyone." It's like the flu: everyone's gotten it! So, what the heck...
Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules
2. Post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you by the tagger
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you have tagged to answer
5. Tag 11 'peeps'
2. Okey-doke, here you go:
- I have really strong fingernails. Like Wolverine, only not adamantium. In high school, I wore them long and planned all my week's outfits around what colour nail polish I did on Sunday. I did very elaborate manicures and my nails looked great. Now, I wear them short and never polish them.
- I was a metal chick in the early 90s. I met and hung out with Alice in Chains in the band loft at a local bar in '91 or '92.
- I don't call my friends, or text them (I don't have a cell phone). I organize things, like Book Club and Winesday and Art Gallery openings and parties, so that I can see them and catch up in person.
- I'm naturally introverted and shy. My extroverted manner was learned during my 14-year stint working in retail. My motto is "fake it till you feel it!" I've become very good at being social over the years, but I still have times when I need to be by myself.
- I can do mirror-writing easily. It's nicer than my real writing.
- I believe in ghosts and aliens. I have never had any kind of encounter.
- My hair is probably more than 50% white. I haven't seen it in its natural state or colour since 1994.
- I have freckles on my nose. My Grandpa J called them "fairy kisses." That's one of the best memories I have of him.
- I am very good at mechanical things. I can fix any jammed photocopier. Bring it on, mechanical beast!
- I cry over anything. I'll cry during the Super Bowl. I cry at commercials. I cry when I read books. Don't even get me started on the Rainbow Bridge (I warned you). It kills me.
- I like to sprint through crosswalks just when the "walky man" has turned to "the hand" and arrive at the other side not out of breath. I imagine that the people in the cars see me and admire how fit I am. I feel like Wonder Woman. (Yes, I'm careful and watch the traffic).
1. Paperback or e book reader? Paperback (and hardcover).
2. Skirts or pants? Skirts!
3. Coke or Pepsi? Gross, neither. Tea, please.
4. Summer or winter? Autumn, preferably a warm and sunny October.
5. If you had to learn a foreign language which one would it be? I can already speak enough French to get by. I'd like to learn an endangered language like Votic or Walloon.
6. What is your comfort food? Popcorn and tea. I'm having some tonight!
7. Which fashion trend would you never wear? Not a fan of anything with a dropped crotch, tube tops, or ultra-huge shoulder pads. However, never say never!
8. What is your dream job? To not have to work! I only work to support my hobbies.
9. Which is the next place you would like to travel to? I'd like to take the train to Montreal, then fly to Halifax. I'd also like to go to Italy.
10. What are your wardrobe staples? All my leather, my Fluevogs, dresses, skirts.
11. Who is your most favourite person in the whole world? My best friend, Logan.
3.b. Megan's questions:
1. How do you take your tea? (Coffee?) I drink herbal tea, mostly licorice, fruit or mint, with nothing in them. I also drink green tea. I take my coffee black with one Splenda packet.
2. Describe your winter coat or jacket. (Pick your favorite if you have it). My favourite right now is my purple wool one.
3. Give me an adjective! Snazzy.
4. Favorite guilty pleasure tv show (or movie). Buffy the Vampire Slayer (series).
5. Favorite blog. Cake Wrecks and Maru. I visit them every day. They make me smile.
6. If you found a $100 bill on the ground, what would you do with it? (assuming it belonged to no one, but the finder - you.). I'd keep it and take my husband out for dinner.
7. Would rather receive snail mail or an email? Email - snail mail is usually a bill or something bad. However, packages are wonderful!
8. Do you like patterns or solid colored clothing? Both!
9. Stripes or Polka Dots?! Both!
10. Have you ever been on a plane? Where were you going? Many times. Last time was in a seaplane to Vancouver in March. The last big plane was when we went to Miami in December 2010.
11. Favorite accessory? My three gold rings and my diamond earrings. I wear them all every day.
4. 11 New Questions From Me:
1. The Hokey-Pokey or the Chicken Dance?
2. What colour streak would you put in your hair (assuming you would)?
3. What movie did you passionately love when you were younger?
4. Are you allergic to anything?
5. People who stand in the middle of the sidewalk: should they be drawn and quartered or put in pillories and have fruit thrown at them?
6. Tell me the last thing you saw that was live at a theatre, on a stage.
7. What's your favourite piece of art?
8. Do you eat in front of the TV or at a dining table? Is the TV still on?
9. What item that you own would you take to "Antiques Roadshow" for evaluation? How much do you think it's worth?
10. What's on your nightstand/bedside table?
11. You're meeting someone who doesn't know what you look like. Describe yourself in 10 words or less.
5. No, I don't do that. You can play if you feel like it.