Lately, I feel like I've missed out on some outfits by not wanting to wear things too frequently, and I've been wanting to do another long-term challenge, like the one I did in 2009 where I only bought second-hand/thrift/non-brand-new clothes and had a "one-in, one-out" rule in effect (rules here, summary and recap here). I've done lots of little fashion challenges (links here), but I want to really push myself to rely on what's already in my closet. Because, let's face it: I have an awesome wardrobe!
Sooooo...here's my spin: I'm going to see how long I can do 30 For 30, month after month after month. The goal is to do it for a full year, so till the end of next January.
My loosey-goosey-there-are-loopholes rules for 30 For 30 For 12 are:
- Pick 30 items of clothing, including shoes. Wear those only those for one calendar month.
- Accessories (belts, tights, jewelry), outerwear, and any layering pieces that I wouldn't wear solo (things like my underskirts, long-sleeved layering tees, camisoles) don't count.
- I can repeat any number of items the following month if I feel like it.
- Newly purchased items (of clothing or shoes) will have to wait until the month is up; no swapping in new items.
- Damaged, stained or otherwise ruined clothes may be substituted for a like item (i.e. a stained shirt can be traded for another shirt).
- One "Wild Card" outfit may be selected out of the rest of the closet in case of a party, wedding or other special event.
- My hang-around-the house clothes don't count (I don't photograph those anyway).
I've already built myself a nice little spreadsheet to track my outfits and see what I'm really getting mileage out of. At the end of each month, I'll post a summary of the outfits and my analysis, and you'll get a chance to vote on your favourite outfit!
I'm actually pretty excited to get this started - Wednesday, February 1st will be my start day. And without further ado, here is my February wardrobe:
And here are the shoes:
One new-to-me pair of shoes, and a mix of flats and heels.
If you're interested in participating, please feel free! Let me know in the comments along the way if you do a 30 For 30, and I'll include a link to your blog in the month-end summary.