What a lovely weekend it has been - where has it gone? These long weekends go so fast! I hope you've all had a happy Easter (if you celebrate such things) and have eaten lots of chocolate. Anyway, that "bigass" title is no lie, so let's get to 'er!
Here's Thursday's outfit, worn all day at work plus my evening WW meeting.
This is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style. Go!
- Jacket - Dolce & Gabbana, vintage, thrifted; last seen here in September 2018 with one of my favourite skirts
- Dress - Donna Morgan, thrifted; purchased here for $8.62
- Shoes - Effortless Vivian, Fluevog; last worn here in August 2018 with dots and pajamas
This was an easy, comfy outfit for a long day.
This dress has orange, baby blue, cobalt blue and white. Guess what I might wear with it next!
I wore the jacket for most of the day in my chilly office, but I did take it off once or twice.
I don't mind that the pattern doesn't line up on the back. This has a deliberate "patchwork" look - it reminds me of a bunch of scarves sewn together.
And it has pockets!
Bundled up - it was a rainy day off and on.
- Gloves - thrifted
- Scarf - thrifted
- Umbrella - Cheeky
My umbrella matches! It says "I sizzle in the drizzle" inside.
Blue and silver bling:
- Belt - Lady Footlocker, thrifted
- Steel cuff - thrifted
- Bangle - Lazy Susan's
- Earrings - vintage fair
- Lapis lazuli/Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
Vizzini has been enjoying the periods of sun over the last few days. I may have taken a few pictures of him...
|"Do you mind? I'm busy napping here."|
After a quiet Thursday night, we had a sleep-in and a big breakfast, followed by our usual long weekend meet-up of all of our best friends.
- Blouse - Scotch & Soda by Maison Scotch, thrifted, Vancouver; last worn here in June 2018 with plaid pants
- Pants - See By Chloe, thrifted; first worn here in October 2018 with a familiar top
- Shoes - Sam Edelman, thrifted; purchased here for $9.95
- Jacket (below) - Smoking Lily; last seen here (2nd outfit) in late September 2018 with leather pants (very shiny outfit)
It was a lovely day, weather-wise. L and I strolled to town in the sun.
The trousers are very strangely shaped. They have two wide box pleats on each hip, which makes for voluminous legs.
They were super-comfy for an afternoon of hanging out at the Garrick's Head Pub and laughing and chilling with our awesome friends.
Jacketed up - I have been very good at pulling out blazers and jackets and using them as outerwear.
All ready to go!
- Scarf - thrifted
- Leather studded gloves - Danier Leather
- Silver/gold cuff - JPL, vintage fair
- Bracelet - POLY, thrifted
- Ring - POLY, vintage fair
- Earrings - antique mall; purchased here for $2.00 - first wearing
- Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
L and I chilled out and played boardgames on Friday night, then did our usual brunch on Saturday. We went to Cactus Club downtown, as we had some errands to do.
- Sweater - Judith & Charles, consignment; last worn here in March with this same skirt!
- Skirt - Silvian Heach, consignment; first worn here in March with coppers
- Shoes - Hispanitas; last seen here in February with lemon and leopard
- Jacket (below) - Forever 21, thrifted; last worn here twice (1st and 2nd outfit) for the VFF Disco Gala in February
This is a useful cream sweater - it's 100% wool, and I like the cropped cut of it.
I had to wear walking shoes, and liked how my leopard-spotted shoes looked. Why not wear another pattern?
And wore a leopard jacket over everything?
I went for a shop at the Patch after lunch.
- Belt (not shown) - Leather World
- Buckle - Zara, thrifted
- Cuff/necklace - Ambush, consignment, Vancouver
- Gold hoops - 5th anniversary gift from L
I had a quick browse in the Patch, and found a couple of things. This lovely dress's pattern and colours called to me.
It's by Trina Turk, and was $24.95.
The dress is mostly cotton and it's really well-made - look at this detail on the bottom hem. Seam edging!
Made in California, nice.
here) - note the original price of $328.00 (on sale for $109.97). Score!
I also really liked this silk blouse's pattern. I am a sucker for a paint-y print.
It has voluminous sleeves with nice small closures.
I always look at buttons.
She's a French fashion designer, so very classy.
I found Mr. Kitty once again taking advantage of the sun on the deck.
|"Haven't you got anything better to do, Woman?"|
Well, actually, yes! Mom and I went to the last show of the Belfry Theatre's 2019 season, "4000 Miles" on Saturday afternoon. We both enjoyed it. Local review here.
- Dress - T. Babaton, yard sale; first worn here in October 2018 as a tunic over a skirt for work
- Boots - BCBG Max Azria; last seen here (2nd outfit) in March for a weekend shop
- Coat (below) - Club Monaco, thrifted; last worn here a week ago
I have nylons on, plus a short half-slip, and a black camisole - this dress is short, so I had to fully "armour up"!
This was plenty comfy for sitting in the theatre and walking to and from Fernwood (4 blocks each way).
"I need a nap" face.
Ready to go! I forgot to put my S pin on for the picture, but I did wear it.
- Silver/wood earrings - thrifted, Powell River
- Ring - Nine West
Mom just got back from 3 weeks in New Zealand and Australia. She brought me this lovely paua shell pin.
Vizzini has mostly been sleeping this weekend, and he finds hiding spots in the afternoon. I always forget to check his house.
|"Really? This never occurred to you?"|
He wakes me up at 5:20am every morning, so I consider a little payback poke-and-patting is fair.
|"You'l pay for this. Just sayin'."|
I better keep an eye on my shoes!
Today, my mom had us over to her house for the annual Easter brunch. I have to dress up for my family!
- Jacket - faux Gucci (Gookey!), thrifted; last seen here in September 2018 in a Christmassy outfit
- T-shirt - Banana Republic, thrifted; last worn here in October 2018 with leopard and dragons
- Leather skirt - Firenze Santa Barbara, vintage 80s, thrifted; last seen here in August 2018
- Shoes - Aldo, thrifted; last worn here in August 2018 with a crazy-ass Wonder Woman look
- Jacket (below) - Lord & Taylor, thrifted; last seen here a couple of weeks ago
I stood in my closet with my mug of coffee and just kept throwing things together until something worked.
I liked how the teal green shirt underneath accentuated the green lace.
Ready for the cab!
- Leather purse - Club Monaco, thrifted
- Cuff - Materia Design
- Snake cuff - Whiting and Davis, vintage 80s, vintage fair
- Earrings - Betsey Johnson, gift from L - first wearing
It's taken me a while to wear these earrings - they are gold with two shades of green.
The top half of the snake hangs down at the front.
And now, my friends, I must finally follow Vizzini's example and chill out in the sun for what's left of this sunny afternoon.
He is maximizing the warmth on his fur (freshly brushed by me).
|"Must get every inch covered in sun."|
I hope you've all had a fun weekend! Thank you for stopping by!