We are in the middle of a snowstorm! Batten down the hatches!
And wear a bright colour, so that you are visible.
- Blazer - Helmut Lang, thrifted; last worn here in November 2018 with plaid pants
- Blouse - Planet, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) in January, layered under a sweater
- Cords - Banana Republic, consignment; purchased here on the weekend for $10.00
- Shoes - Hispanitas; last seen here in January with black and white and yellow
- Coat (below) - Tahari, thrifted; last worn on Saturday here
A couple of readers have asked me about our "Castle view" - our condo has an external, but sheltered, staircase on the side where I take my stair picture. I zoom in on the Castle, which is about a 5-minute walk away.
here - it's a tourist
Back to my outfit! But beware, I have more snow pictures for you.
Our office was so cold today at work - they had HVAC issues over the weekend, and were trying to get the heat pumping. Only about 1/3 of my office showed up - all the schools were closed today.
Looking at the snow falling.
Outerwear - this is as bundled-up as I get.
- Fur toque/scarf - Danier Leather
- Gloves - Cejon, thrifted
Green and brown bling:
- Necklace - Plum, c. 2011
- Earrings - thrifted, Powell River
- Feather ring - Fossil, thrifted
- Pearl ring - Erth, consignment
I took this picture from our bedroom Sunday afternoon - this is pretty much our view. A parking lot and another apartment building to the right, through our bare-branched Gary Oaks out front. In clear weather, we can see office buildings and more condos downtown in the distance.
And this is the same view this morning, just before I left for work, around 8am.
I amused myself today at work by taking pictures from the 6th floor of our office building. This is the roof of the parkade next to the building, looking in the direction of home (east).
And here's the same view at 2:30pm.
Looking up View Street in the morning. The streets are pretty clear.
And here's almost the same view later this afternoon.
My coworkers in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Montreal all laugh at us.
Looking south in the afternoon. On a clear day, we can see the mountains in Washington State and the Pacific Ocean.
Looking north across town this afternoon.