Hello, my friends - welcome! I hope you've had a fun weekend - mine has been lovely and chill, starting with my bright outfit on Friday.
This is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style. Go!
- Jacket - Stella McCartney for Adidas, consignment; purchased here in Vancouver for $46.40
- Linen top - no label, thrifted; purchased here for $14.95
- Cords - Banana Republic, thrifted; first worn here in February during a snowstorm
- Shoes - Matisse; last seen here in February with a lace duster that will be making a reappearance soon
I did take my jacket off a few times during the day (hot flashes).
|"Are you telling my fans what a wonderful cat I am?"|
This top can be worn either way - this is with the slight scoop neck in the front.
I love the contrast stripe of the sleeves.
|"Feel free to admire my noble profile, my soft fur, my fine whiskers."|
The sides also have slits - it wrinkled up during the day, but otherwise it was pretty good for linen.
The jacket was great for wearing in the office - it's beautifully finished inside, not a ragged/exposed seam anywhere.
The pattern has bits of yellow in the centres of the daisies.
Outerwear - all I needed to do was zip up.
here before I found it inside the bag).
- Purse - Concepts, vintage 80s, antique store - first wearing, purchased here for $27.50
It functioned very well for my day at work and walking home afterwards - very comfy and not too hard to get in and out of. The zippers were very smooth.
- Steel cuff - thrifted
- Bangle - local
- Ring - Nine West
- Wood/silver earrings - consignment, Powell River
On Saturday, L and I met up with Chris, Ali, Nick and Karen for lunch at Artisan Bistro. It was super-windy out so I dressed accordingly.
- Sweater - Tatyana, thrifted; last seen here in March with a tiger on my shoulder
- Skirt - no label, vintage 50s, thrifted; last worn here in July 2018 with these same boots
- Boots - 1883 Lucchesse, consignment; last seen here in January with a plaid dress
- Leather coat (below) - Danier Leather, thrifted; last worn here in March
This is a really old skirt - it's handpainted on very heavy cotton.
Not the greatest outfit for shopping in, since the skirt is ginormous.
I know it's handpainted because the colour is applied differently on the front and back.
- Gloves - Parkhurst
- White gold earrings - Frances Jewelers, 10th anniversary gift from L
My feet loved these soft leather black sandals.
Also the fact that they are unworn.
I finally bit on these black leather studded shoes.
Because they were $32.95. Too much for all that wear!
But when I saw that they were marked down to $9.95, and well, I had to have them.
I found this lovely scarf by feel - it feels like either silk or a high-quality viscose.
But my big score of the day was this amazing dress!
It's 100% cotton, amazingly patterned - I mean, LOOK at those colours! The white circles look like bubbles.
I do agree on the price tag's 1960s assessment of this dress, though.
It's by Marjorie Hamilton, a vintage label I frequently see. I used to have this dress (warning - party outfit!) by her.
Today, I headed to town to get groceries, and a quick pop into Flavour Upstairs and the WIN Boutique on Quadra Street.
- Cashmere sweater - Lord & Taylor, thrifted; last worn here in a flapper-y outfit in May 2018
- Skirt - Baraschi, consignment; last seen here in September 2018 in a Christmassy outfit
- Shoes - Marc Fisher, consignment; purchased here in Vancouver for $28.79
- Coat (below) - Lord & Taylor, thrifted; last worn here in September 2018
I love the fine drape of this coral-orange sweater - it's a really thin cashmere, so I always have to wear a camisole under it.
Outerwear - another year for this marvelous coat.
- Scarf - thrifted - first wearing (purchased above for $7.95)
Just about ready to leave the house, keys in hand, earbuds in.
- Leather/cloth purse - BCBG, vintage, thrifted
- Earrings - Vancouver, consignment; first wearing, purchased here for $
I found some quality things on my shop, although it felt like overall there was way too much fast fashion in both stores, especially at WIN.
I found this scarf by feel in a giant bin and I know it's silk.
I love the bits of pink in the watery pattern.
I good quality cardigan is always going to catch my eye.
No label on it, though.
I found the content tag - only a little wool in it.
I fell hard for these beauties! I finally found the perfect pair of black leather pants!
They are butter-soft. Look how that leather creases.
They are by Classiques Entier, and were $34.99.
They are fully-lined.
But I also found another awesome item.
|"It's true, I am awesome, thank you for noticing."|
Actually, it's the red dress.
It is a very flowy polyester crepe, with a thigh-high front slit.
|"You bought this for me? How thoughtful."|
It's a really bright red.
|"I approve. Please lay it on the bed for me to sleep on."|
It fits really well, and will be an excellent party or formal gown. It's got lots of drama!
It's by BCBG Max Azria, and was $29.99. They have the black one on their site on sale for $194.00, regular price $387.00, so looks like I really scored on this too!
At WIN, I had a quick look around and found this lovely pink sweater.
|"Lovely? Why, yes, I am."|
It's by the Gap and was $14.95.
It's from Summer 2016 and is the KI Slub Scoop in Coral Frost. It sold for $60 new.
I really liked these pale grey cropped trousers.
They're Banana Republic, the Avery style, which is the same as those yellow cords I wore on Friday.
They're from Fall 2017 (not even 2 years old yet!), and are 95% wool.
What was your favourite piece of clothing I wore or purchased this weekend?
But now, I have a kitty who needs some attention.
|"Oh, NOW you want to cuddle."|
He sleeps in his house a lot since I cut up my old robe and put it in there.
|"It's my swinging bachelor pad, Woman."|
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend - thank you for stopping by!