My engine is slowing revving up - as an introvert who needs to be extroverted for her job, it takes me a while to get into the social groove, especially following a quiet weekend and semi-holiday Monday.
- Sweater - Tatyana, thrifted; last seen here in December 2018 with a whole lot of sparkles
- Skirt - Alex Colman, vintage 70s, consignment; last seen here in July 2018 with a long black tunic and this same necklace
- Shoes - Half Truth Veda, Fluevog; last worn here (2nd outfit) a couple of weeks ago for some shopping
- Coat (below) - Lord & Taylor, thrifted; last seen here on the weekend
My much-younger coworker Leah was telling me yesterday about a maxi skirt she was feeling a little nervous about wearing in the office. "If you wear yours, I will wear a maxi too!" I said.
I adore this skirt, but the colours in it are challenging - it's more of a teal green, plus the bright pink is nearly neon, so I almost always wear black with it and let it shine.
I've been learning about vintage prints from reading Vix's blog (here, and if you aren't already reading her, you should be!), so I took a really good look at this fabric this time 'round.
This is the backside of the fabric. There is no content tag.
This is the "tile" of repeated pattern, although as you might notice, the bottom hem has an extra layer of the border pattern.
Here's the label (it's been a while since I took a picture of it):
I never noticed that it has hanging loops on either side. I bought it in 2015 (here) for $40.00
Oh, cool, check it out, here is an interview with Robert Colman of the Alex Colman label - all of their prints were designed by Blanche Lefton, Robert's aunt and their main designer, and they were one of the first companies to work directly with Japanese mills to custom-make their fabrics. By the mid-60s, most of their clothing was manufactured in Mexicali, Mexico.
Well, that was fun. On to outerwear!
- Necklace - vintage, thrifted
- Cuff - vintage 70s, Mom's
- Bracelet - Lia Sophia, thrifted
- Gold hoops - 5th anniversary gift from L
- Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
While I was uploading my photos, Vizzini was yowling at me (his food bowl was soaking in the sink).
|"I am so furious, I must lick my toes!"
I love his funny white paws with their black spots.
Look at that face, though. That is one angry cat, his tail lashing.
|"Feed me or I will bite you, Woman!"
That red tip in the bottom of the picture is my foot, keeping Mr. Bitey away from me. Yes, he's now been fed!