It's almost worth having a frustrating day like yesterday, just to have the bounce-back outfit.
- Shirt - Ralph Lauren Sport, consignment; last seen here in September 2017 under a leather slip-dress for brunch
- Dress - Plum; last worn here (2nd outfit) in November 2017 for brunch again
- Shoes - Coffee Sumatra, Fluevog; last seen here in February with leather pants
- Leather coat (below) - Danier Leather; last worn here earlier this month
This is a deep dive into some clothing I've had for YEARS. Although I love shopping and I shop often (it's my Zen-time), I do keep things I really love.
The dress is one of my older pieces; I've had it for a good portion of my blog, since February 2011 (first worn here - flashback!). It was purchased at Plum, a small Canadian chain that still has a few stores - the location in Victoria closed about 7 years ago. I paid $25.00 for it.
I value that it's Canadian made, but it's unlined and starting to pill and the hem's coming undone a bit. But I can't bear to part with it just yet. Until I find a plaid pencil skirt or dress of better quality, this stays.
And pockets! Yesss!
here in 2010). I didn't want the bare leg look, and I needed something geometric to go with the two plaids - and found these in the bottom of my tights drawer! So glad I kept them - they are still in really good shape. I believe these are by Trasparenze.
Outerwear - my overall goal for vibe today in my bounce-back outfit was a punk/rock & roll feel. I'm tough!
- Hat - Dex
- Fur boa - thrifted
- Studded leather gloves - Danier Leather
here - you may recognize the outfit/pose from the framed picture in all of my indoor backgrounds. Megan Mae drew me in that outfit with my beloved Inigo kitty.
- Choker - Myka, thrifted; purchased here for $23.95 - first wearing
- Earrings - Tania Gleave, Vancouver
- Crystal/silver ring - Soul Flower
- Leather obi - thrifted
All pieces destined to become "homegrown vintage" - the leather obi is around 8 years old in its life with me.