It's been a nice quiet weekend, and as soon as I'm done here, I'm off for some couch-time and football-watching.
On Saturday morning, both L and I slept in, so we had to rush a bit to head down to Floyd's Diner for a late lunch. I needed an easy outfit for a rainy day.
Linking up to "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style!
- Blouse - Ralph Lauren, consignment; last worn here in February with turquoise fringed suede
- Dress - Danier, vintage 90s, thrifted; last seen here in January with a fluffy sweater
- Boots - BCBG Max Azria; last worn here in February with gold wings
- Coat (below) - Danier Leather; last seen here (3rd outfit) on my birthday weekend with the picador skirt
Bundled up for the rain! We had to turn around and retrieve our umbrellas for the walk to town.
- Toque/scarf - Calvin Klein, thrifted for $10.95 for the set
- Gloves - Parkhurst
- Earrings - Lazy Susan's
- Spider ring (not shown) - gift from Mom & Dad, c. 1986
- Snake ring (not shown) - BC Museum Gift Shop, c. 1986
We raced home after lunch, just in time for Mom to arrive. Time to go to the Belfry Theatre's production of "Onegin", a musical based on Pushkin's poem and Tchaikovsky's opera. Link here to the Belfry's description, and here to the local paper's rave review.
- Beaded sweater - Adrienne Vittadini, vintage 80s, thrifted; last seen here (2nd outfit) in December 2015 for the theatre in my pink Muppet skirt
- Skirt - BCBG Max Azria, consignment; last worn here (2nd outfit) in September 2016 to see Spamalot (again, theatre with Mom!)
- Shoes - Half Truth Veda, Fluevog; last seen here in September with many red flowers
- Coat (below) - Danier Leather; last worn above
here in September 2013. I wore the sweater backwards this time - not as much ink showing.
I had many compliments on the top from the theatre-going crowd.
|"I pose like the Woman."|
I wore black wool gloves with a fur rosette.
Outerwear - same as above, sans toque.
|"I'm your best accessory."|
- Purse - gift from Megan Mae
- Gloves - thrifted
- Necklace - Mom's (from Skidegate, Alaska)
- Bracelet - thrifted
- Earrings - gift from Mom
- Chain cuff - thrifted
- Spider ring - gift from Mom & Dad, c. 1986
- Snake ring - BC Museum gift shop, c. 1986
Mom looked fabulous, so we had to do the mother-daughter shot.
And I definitely get my love of drama (and leather!) from my mom, who is rocking this look in her early 70s.
I got my birthday presents from Mom, and yes, one of them was the hematite earrings.
We had a blast at the show - they gave out vodka shots, which Mom and I sipped at during the first act.
The actor who played the main character in the musical was so familiar to me...
link) was Felix Gaeta in Battlestar Galactica! How cool!
Seen any celebrities lately?