Hello, my friends! I am back, and am feeling thoroughly relaxed and rested after my four-day weekend. And what have I been up to? So glad you asked! Grab a cup of tea, and settle in.
- Cardigan - Joseph A, consignment; last see here in October with lemon-lime
- Top - Topsy Turvy USA, thrifted; purchased here for $3.50
- Skirt - Dries Van Noten, thrifted; last seen here in April with the teddy sweater
- Shoes - Poetic Licence; last seen here in May with floral and cashmere
- Coat (below) - Vassali, consignment; last worn here a week ago
Since this is the first wearing of this new-to-me mesh/nylon top, here's what it looks like without the cardi.
You can get a good look at this lovely black skirt's construction.
With the cardi.
A lot of chartreuse.
Hands in pockets.
Outerwear - oh yes, we shall do all the colours!
- Hat - vintage, thrifted
- Leather gloves - consignment
- Fur scarf - thrifted
here. How do you not love fuzzy-dotted Kermit shoes?
I get a kick out of wearing vintage Givenchy.
- Necklace - Givenchy, vintage 80s, vintage fair
- Earrings - thrifted
- Amethyst ring - Frances Jewellers, c. 1965?, Dad's
- Crystal ring - Uffizi Gallery gift shop, Florence, Italy
We had our football pool week 11 redraft on Wed night, followed by beers at the pub, and then followed on US Thanksgiving Day Thursday with a full day of football watching.
We had a house full of people on Thursday for football-watching, and I served chili and buns. Vizzini lurked around near us.
|"Why are all these people here? Why are you home?"|
It took him a day to get used to us being around.
|"This mousie shall feel my wrath!"|
Such a funny boy.
On Friday, L and I avoided any and all Black Friday activities. Instead, we stayed in, listened to music and read books all day. It was lovely! More days like that.
I had a dinner date on Friday night with my old boss, Tammy - we worked together at Fairweather (a now-defunct women's Canadian mall store) back in 1999-2000. Of course, I had to dress up!
Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style. I even refreshed my hair colour for this!
- Dress - Phoebe Couture, thrifted; purchased here for $18.75
- Boots - Libby Smith Bellevue, Fluevog; last worn here in November 2017 with purple and patterns
- Leather coat (below) - Burberry, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) in September in a fabulous shopping outfit
I so rarely do these "cheater" garments, where they look like separate pieces, but are actually a single piece.
Slouchy with hands in pockets.
I look stressed. Where is the cab??
Tammy and I had an awesome time catching up.
- Leather gloves - Danier Leather
- Purse - vintage, purchased here for $5.00
here in March 2011, on our anniversary trip to Vancouver - that was our first time in the flagship Fluevog store! Wow, they are nearly 8 years old. They've held up well.
- Necklace - Nygard, consignment
- Amethyst bracelet - vintage 1930s?, Gram S's
- Earrings - Reiss, vintage 60s, vintage fair
- Amber ring - C. 1996
- Amethyst ring - Frances Jewelers, c. 1965, Dad's
Vizzini helped me wait for the cab.
|"I think I see it!"|
No, bud, that's a leaf on the glass.
He was very agitated.
|"Nothing escapes my vigilance!"|
It was a bit windy, and the leaves get him very excited.
We drew the curtains to calm him down.
On Saturday, L and I did our usual brunch thing at Floyd's.
- Sweater - Artisan de Luxe, consignment; first worn here in October with cream again
- Skirt - Mackage, thrfted; last seen here in August with autumn leaves
- Boots - 1883 Lucchesse, consignment; last worn here (3rd outfit) in October for a weekend shop
- Leather jacket (below) - Danier Leather; last seen here in October
I like to lean against the wall.
After brunch, I did a small thrift shop and picked up a few things for Winesday on Saturday night.
The skirt is a favourite.
Outerwear - bundled up since I don't trust the weather.
- Gloves - Parkhurst
- Cuff - Rimanchik
- Earrings - thrifted, Powell River
- Ring - vintage fair
I went to the WIN Boutique and found a few things.
These have Thinsulate - they are by Cejon.
I was sucked in by these cool shoes.
They are by Fly London, and are called the "Punch Penn".
None on the sole, though.
I'm excited to wear them!
I just fell for this silver sweater.
The brand is Jay Jays, which is apparently an Australian company.
I see they put their seasons on their tags.
From my shopping expedition, I came home and changed for Winesday. Wait - it's the same sweater! Let's wear it a different way!
- Sweater - Artisan de Luxe, consignment; last seen that morning
- Skirt - Wei Peng, thrifted; last worn here (5th outfit) at the end of December 2017
- Boots - Vog Together, Fluevog, consignment; last seen here in August with inappropriate green
- Leather trenchcoat (below) - last seen here earlier this month
We ate and drank, and laughed.
Hands in pockets!
Outerwear - having been burned by the cab the night before, I walked to town and caught the bus, just as the Santa Claus parade was wrapping up. What a chaotic nightmare!
|"Going out again? I do not approve."|
I was much relieved to be on the bus and headed out of town.
- Scarf - gift from Mom
- Gloves - Parkhurst
- Belt - Leather World
- Buckle - TopShop, thrifted - first wearing - purchased here for $7.95
- Bracelet - thrifted
- Earrings - thrifted
- Ring - vintage fair
Today, Vero and I went shopping together at My Sister's Closet - she's never been there!
|"Not impressed that you're leaving...again."|
Vizzini, you have all day with L. You won't even miss me!
I dressed for trying stuff on.
- Top - Gap, thrifted; last worn here (4th outfit) in March for a weekend brunch
- Skirt - Nygard; last seen here in August with blue and white
- Shoes - Aerosoles, consignment; last worn here (5th outfit) for a weekend shopping trip earlier this month
- Leather blazer - Danier Leather, thrifted; last worn here last weekend
I only remembered to put lipstick on for the stair picture, ha!
All pieces I enjoy.
Blazered up, although Vero drove us both ways.
- Earrings - Glee
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
Vero did really well - she got a huge bag of gorgeous items, and was thrilled with everything she found. Yay! I may have found a few things for myself...
But it's a viscose top, and is by Club Monaco, so I knew the quality would be A+.
I also bought this black turtleneck top.
And it's sparkly!
here). All the sites I looked at said it was expensive fabric, so I'm happy with my deal.
I fell hard for this amazing cross-body draw-string suede bucket bag.
It was a pink tag, so half price at $16.50. The only marking in it is this stamped gold vertical bar shape with wings.
Well, I'm off to enjoy my last evening before (ugh) back to work! I hope you had fun reading!