Only one day into our long Thanksgiving weekend, and already so much to share! I'm doing my Bigass post today, because Sunday/Monday I'll be doing my closet swap-over and whew, my friends, that is a Job.
And without further ado (and because I need a nap), here's yesterday's/Friday's work outfit.
- Vest - no label, thrifted; purchased here for $16.77 ($27.95 less 40% discount promotion)
- Sweater - Jean Paul Gaultier, consignment; purchased here for $38.00
- Skirt - Li's, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) in August with burgundy and floral
- Booties - H London; purchased here for $182.00
I wore this crushed silk velvet long vest open like this all day.
I only wore it zipped up when I was in travel mode.
- Slashed cuff - Midzo, vintage expo
- Bronze cuff - vintage late 60s, Mom's
- Feather ring - Fossil
- Amber ring - c. 1998
- Earrings - 5th anniversary gift from L
I met L for lunch - I took the afternoon off work - then came home and had a nap. Then, time to get ready for my big birthday bash! I wore The Dress!
- Dress - Chloe Prusa original; saga here
- Shoes - Big Presence Desmond, Fluevog; last worn here last week with a million dollar outfit
Yes to feeling fabulous at nearly fifty!
|L is picking his shoes - Vizzini is helping|
|"Is there a kitty treat in your hand?"|
Yeah, I did that a lot! Waggling my peplum and my sleeves at anyone who wanted a gander.
I'm so glad I bought these earrings last weekend - since I had my hair up, they worked perfectly.
- Earrings - Vintage fair
- Lapis lazuli/Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
|"The Man has no treats either."|
Here we are, time to head off to the party!
I wore contacts (completely messing with my coworkers, who are used to me in glasses 100% of the time), and kept my make-up simple.
I hosted my own party - I wanted a big bash, so I did it myself. We had wine, beer and a spread of delicious goodies, set up cocktail party style. Over 60 people came!
My bestie Janet - we met when she was 12 and I was 13, in junior high Humanities. Jan, you get more beautiful every year.
My soiree at the restaurant (the Hawk & Hen) went until 7-ish, then about a dozen of us went to Clive's Lounge for more drinks. Our friends Anthony and Laura had come over from Vancouver, so L and I had them over later in the evening for a drink. It was a wonderful night.
I was awed and humbled by the unexpected outpouring of gifts from everyone! Aw, opening these today brought tears of gratitude and thankfulness.
- "Grace: 30 Years of Fashion at Vogue" and gourmet chocolates
- A bottle of champagne
- Two bottles of scotch, plus a mini bottle and gift certificate to a boutique liquor store
- Three MORE Fluevog gift cards - I am going to have some fun there!
- Movie passes to the IMAX
- A book on words (plus a scratch & win - didn't win)
- Two packs of funny pens
- A gift card to Veneto restaurant
- Two necklaces
- Tights and two pairs of Fluevog socks
- A business card case
- A MAC make-up gift card
I am thankful to the wonderful people in my life. So many cards...
Today, we were up bright and early for..Ulti! We are still getting enough confirmations to play!
- Sweater - Tatyana, thrifted; last worn here (10th? outfit, way down!) on my recent mini-vacation in September
- Skirt - vintage 50s, thrifted; last seen here in July for another trip to play Ulti
- Boots - Lucky Brand, swap from Cat; last seen here (3rd outfit) in March with a fab Desigual dress
- Coat (below) - Danier Leather; last worn here in April
In my sunglasses and leather coat.
- Earrings - Lazy Susan's
And now, nap time!
|"I think you mean "tummy-rub time", Woman."|