Well, it has been a weekend! I have three fun outfits to show you - and I spent my Fluevog gift cards finally, bought a crazy skirt, and had a fun time at my second birthday party! You ready? Let's go!
Friday's outfit would be my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style, but she is taking the week off while she visits NYC. I was certainly visible!
- Top - Beechers Brook, thrifted; first worn here a week ago with casual denim
- Skirt - All Saints, gift from Dominique
- Boots - Baroque Velasquez, Fluevog; last seen here in March with one of my favourite outfits of the year
- Jacket (below) - Le Chateau, consignment; last worn here in April over a peasant look
After work on Friday - where I really pushed the envelope for Casual Friday, ha ha - I met up with my former boss and dear friend Tammy for dinner. We both owned this top back when we worked together, in 1999-2000, and Tammy even still has the matching long straight skirt (with a slit up the side)!
I steamed it the night before, which helped me understand the ins and outs of the puffery. I discovered that two rather large pouffs, might be...pockets? I tried turning them inside out and yesssss, pockets!
I wore the jacket most of the day at work, buttoned up like so.
Check out the pockets!
All bundled up with my fall outerwear components.
- Fur scarf - Danier, thrifted (first wearing), purchased for $6.95
- Leather gloves - Club Monaco, consignment
- Cuffs - Jezebel Charms, gifts from L
- Earrings - Plu
- Feather ring - Fossil
- Pinky ring - P. Sarpaneva, vintage 70s, vintage expo
Tammy and I went to Il Terrazzo, one of Victoria's best restaurants. We had a fabulous dinner, and she surprised me with a birthday card and gift.
Saturday morning - another bright sunny day. We've been having wonderful clear autumn weather, warm during the day and chilly at night. The leaves are all turning golden and red. It's so pretty! I love this time of year.
- T-shirt - Guess, consignment; purchased here for $14.98
- Long-sleeved tee - Jacob, thrifted; not tracked
- Skirt - Mackage, thrifted; last worn here in January with spotty leopard
- Boots - Prepare Guide, Fluevog; last seen here (2nd outfit) for our trip to Vancouver back in March
- Coat (below) - Vassalli, consignment; last worn here in November 2016
L and I walked to town and met up with Nick for breakfast at Floyd's. Ultimate Frisbee is officially over for the season - another year of good games. This does give us a bit more free time on Saturdays, though.
Outerwear - it was so warm, by the end of the afternoon, I was just sweating in this, and it's not a really heavy coat!
These boots are nearing their end, I feel. The moths have been at them again for the second year in a row (the outer grey is wool), and the heels/soles are wearing thin. I do wear them a lot! However, they are still good enough.
Another set of jewelry that I have collected (all at separate times).
- Leather stud cuff - Kipling, thrifted
- Necklace - POLY, thrifted
- Cuff - POLY, thrifted
- Ring - POLY, vintage fair
It was only $14.99.
I'm guessing it's Chinese in origin.
...ENG, Padding Down. Let's see what we can find out about them.
And then I went to Fluevog. Here's what I got:
Turns out I had $460 on all of my gift cards, so aside from the tax, these Maleika Conquer booties were free!
They are supremely comfortable (there's a thick hidden platform).
Flush with my shopping fun, I came home and had a nap with L and Vizzini. Saturday night was our "Almost Sesquicentennial 149th Birthday Spectacular"! My dear friend Randall turned 50 a few days before me, and Saturday was our friend Chris' 49th birthday, and of course, me!
I didn't want to wear my Prusa dress again so soon. I wanted to wear this one!
- Dress - no label, thrifted; first worn here (4th outfit) last November 2016 for my company Christmas party
- Shoes - Jessica Simpson; last seen here (4th outfit) that same night
- Fur coat (below) - Bebe, vintage store; last worn here (2nd outfit) in October 2016 with a full-on vintage 1930s look for Urbanite
It was a cool but crisp evening, but my fur bolero was all I needed.
here, 3rd outfit), and used a bulldog clip to hike up the hem of my dress so that I didn't trip on it.
- Earrings - Jacob
- Lapis lazuli ring/Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
I got a few more cards and lovely things like chocolates from my friends. I'll leave you with this perfect card that Karen found. It's not Vizzini, but doesn't it look like him?
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!