Woo, I'm back! Let the whirlwind begin! It is my 50th birthday on Monday, and the party starts NOW.
- Blouse - Violet + Claire, thrifted; last seen here in May for Fluevog Day
- Dress - Dolce & Gabbana, vintage 90s, thrifted; purchased here for $27.95
- Shoes - Mia, consignment; purchased here for $38.00
- Grape Ape coat (below) - H&M, thrifted; last worn here in March with shades of wine
I cringe at some of the 90s fashion coming around again, but I do love a good tube dress. This one is contoured (you can see it when it's on the hanger in the purchase link above) to the body, so it doesn't pull tight anywhere.
You can't really see it, but I wore a black floral clip in my hair.
However, I prefer the brighter colour of Splat! so I put Vaseline on the layers and tips of my hair to preserve the magenta - and it worked! Perfectly streaked hair with no roots showing. All ready for my party this weekend.
Yay! I love wearing the Grape Ape coat. Just right for the chilly morning and the cooler evenings.
- Chain bracelet - thrifted
- Hematite bracelet and ring - thrifted
- Earrings - Jacob
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
Today was my last full day - I'm taking tomorrow afternoon off to have lunch with L (he has a flex day), nap and then get ready for my party! I'm hosting a 2-hour cocktail party for friends, family and colleagues - wine, beer, finger food and good times. Nearly 60 people are coming! And yes, I will be wearing THE DRESS, in its Full Monty glory (sleeves AND peplum). I'm so ready.
I've been saving these spectacular leather pants for a Thursday to wow my WW group.
- Blouse - White House, Black Market, thrifted; purchased here for free (marked at $14.95 but "one" in a buy one/get one deal)
- Pants - Free People; purchased here in Portland for $129.00 US
- Shoes - Hispanitas; last seen here in August with green and trousers
- Sleeveless coat - Only, thrifted; last worn here (6th outfit) on the weekend for Winesday
"Ground control to Major Sheila" was a comment I got today about my Space Pants. I also noted that if they are Space Pants, then they come from Space Cows. Of course they do!
Outerwear. I can't believe it's October and I'm still not wearing a "real" coat most days.
Gold and black bling:
Bold pieces for a bold outfit.
- Necklace - Fossil, consignment
- Bracelet - Lia Sophia, thrifted
- Earrings - thrifted
A bunch of my coworkers came to my desk today with balloons and a present.
|"You are our sunshine" - AWWWW|
The card says "fancytastic" and over a dozen of my coworkers signed it and pooled and bought me a gift card from Fluevog.
My friends, I will be back on Saturday with another two-fer for you - this is also a long weekend, being Thanksgiving in Canada. I definitely have a lot to be thankful for.