This felt like a very short weekend, didn't it? Friday feels like only yesterday!
This is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style.
- Dress - Diane Von Furstenberg, thrifted; last seen here in August 2017 looking very familiar
- Shoes - Effortless Bebe, Fluevog; last worn here (3rd outfit) in July with the eyeball dress for theatre with Mom
- Jacket (below) - Club Monaco, thrifted; last seen here on Thursday
Or maybe I just have a lot of dresses...Yeah, I have a lot of dresses.
After work on Friday, I treated my dear friend Elaine to a swanky dinner and movie for her going away gift - she's moving to Hamilton, Ontario, and wow, am I going to miss my "Artner in Crime"! Elaine and I have done so many fun artsy things over the years!
link to the site, and here's a good review - all links because I love!) an amazing documentary about the late Alexander McQueen. Highly recommended, if you are interested in fashion, design, and the art of creating clothes. It was quite tragic, as he killed himself, but seeing so many beautiful outfits and finding out more about his life and the business of fashion was very insightful.
And OH, the clothes! I spotted Isabella Blow wearing the matching jacket to my pants in a clip. If you've never heard of her (I hadn't until I saw the film), check out this article here about an exhibit about her that I wish I could have seen! The first picture is her and Alexander McQueen, and in the second picture, there she is in the jacket!
- Bracelet - Lia Sophia, thrifted
- Cuff - vintage fair
- Amber ring - c. 1996
- Amethyst ring - Frances Jewelers, c. 1965, Dad's
Late night - L caught Vizzini sleeping right behind my head.
|"I thought this was just between us."|
On Saturday, we played Ultimate Frisbee.
- Top - INC, thrifted; first worn here in June with much sparkliness
- Skirt - LA Hearts, thrifted; last seen here (3rd outfit) in April for a shopping expedition
- Shoes - Rivers Tambo, Fluevog; last worn here (2nd outfit) last weekend
- Jean jacket - Ann Taylor Loft, NYC, 2007; last seen here in May
My leg was still bothering me, so I didn't push myself into sprinting as much as I usually do - it is sore today, but not too bad.
Ah, well, into the wash it goes!
My jean jacket is a classic.
I am glad I remembered that I own this wonderful 80s leather belt.
- Belt - thrifted, vintage 80s
- Cuff - thrifted
- Earrings - used furniture store
- Ring - local
Vizzini got up to his usual monkey-business this weekend.
|"I attack this shopping bag with vigour!"|
What a silly thing.
After my grocery shop today, I wandered into Rich Rags for a poke around - just to look! (Famous last words).
Romeo Gigli: I actually recognized this name from the "McQueen" documentary! Alexander McQueen worked for Romeo Gigli as an assistant in the 90s - there is a funny anecdote about him in the movie from Mr. Gigli.
here and here, if you're so inclined.
My dress was in with the XLs in the shop (it pays to look through every size!) and is labeled a size 46, which is about a modern size 10. I'm 100% sure it's wool (the content/made in tag is missing), and most likely made in Italy. I think this is probably from the late 80s or early 90s.
Okay, I still have some weekend time left, and I'm going to spend it with my two guys.
|"Me, and the Man."|