I've had a very lovely weekend, and now I'm off to enjoy the rest of it with my sweetie.
But let's first cast our minds back all the way to Friday.
We got the colours, we got the patterns, you name it.
- Shirt - Dept, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) in July with cowgirl stuff
- Skirt - Pierre Cardin, vintage 80s, thrifted; first worn here in April with Christian and a bedsheet
- Shoes - Fiel; last seen here in June with all the colours
I can't believe I've only worn this skirt once before - it's so gorgeous to wear! I love the softness of the silk.
Jane from the Vancouver +40 Blogger Meet-Up (recap here), and we did a little shop at the WIN Warehouse Store and the Patch, followed by pizza and cider.
- Earrings - consignment
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
Jane found a lovely sparkly brooch and a satin caftan with a phoenix on it (!) at the WIN store. I found this awesome belt buckle for L for only $8.00 (plus 10% off because Friday).
I found myself this fabulous lilac-print pencil skirt:
I've seen this jacket at the Patch before, but it was finally reduced down to what I feel is a more reasonable price. At that point, I had no choice.
Fringe-o-rama! Fringe-riffic! Fringe-tabulous!
The arms are also fringed...
Also, Aztec eagle buttons.
You may recognize this awesome label from my turquoise fringed skirt (this one) which is the same brand (Pioneer Wear) and era (should I wear them together?? Stop me now, or encourage me...).
As with the turquoise skirt, I love this wonderful cleaning warning.
I wonder where it's made?
L and I briefly hung out together on Friday night, and were up bright and early for our Ultimate Frisbee game.
- Dress - Taylor, swap from Jane; first worn here last week
- Shoes - Enzo Angiolini, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) in July during a sickass weekend
- Cuff - thrifted
- Earrings - 10th anniversary gift from L
Today, I was up early again to stroll to town for groceries and then meet up with my dear friend Yvonne for an eyebrow wax.
- Cardigan - Jacob, thrifted; last seen here in July with salmon
- Sweater - Cable & Gauge, thrifted; last worn here in April with denim and plaid
- Skirt - Kenneth Cole, consignment; last seen here in June with peach and copper
- Shoes - Born, consignment; last worn here in July with denim and brocade
- Cuff - thrifted
- Earrings - birthday gift from L, Venice
Yvonne and I had a lovely mini-spa experience (eyebrows are fast), then walked across town to My Sister's Closet for a consignment shop. We were very thorough.
I found some violet tights and grey tights for $5.00 a pair.
I also found this awesome magenta leather belt for $10.98.
I think I scored on this Banana Republic necklace.
MSC had 50% off on all dresses. This one is by Elie Tahari.
|"Where did the blue fringe go?"|
|"I really wanted that fringe."|
Eep, sorry, this is blurry, but take my word: it's a chartreuse fitted lace blouse with a Peter Pan collar.
I rarely buy H&M, even second-hand - the quality is just not very good, and the fabrics are scary, but I fell very hard for this Lady Gaga-ish jacket.
It's from "the Garden Collection by H&M" which seems to have come out in 2010, according to my brief interwebz research.
Yvonne and I went to the pub after for bevvies and salad after our shop (she did very well also), and I agonized over another Banana Republic necklace that I'd left behind.
Well, my friends, I'm off for now - I hope you all had a marvelously fun weekend!